IT.COM

Sedo - Not receiving sale related / transfer agent emails

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I am wondering if anyone is currently involved in a sale and or negotiation and is NOT receiving the emails from transfer agent, etc.

Over the last 5 days, I stopped getting emails from sedo. Meaning if the payment is received for a sale, I did NOT receive notice by email. If the agent sent me a message, no email.

I have to check my account for status changes.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I came on here looking for confirmation on the EXACT same problem.

I am currently involved in a Sedo sale and have not received any "automatic" updates such as "Payment Received" or "Funds Verified" since August 13, and I also just discovered that I had 3 new offers that were just sitting there with no emails at all .

I have received other Sedo emails (including a support confirmation on this issue) but the auto-generated "update" stuff seems to be totally dead.

I would recommend everyone check their Sedo accounts, as you just might find some offers sitting there waiting.

Last edited:
•••
Hi All,

If anyone is having issues where they are not receiving automated emails about domain transfers then please can you email [email protected] from the email address registered with your Sedo account to let us know about it. We will then have our tech team check it out to make sure there is nothing holding them up.

All the best Chris

•••
This issue has been very frustrating. I think mine may be resolved as I was able to receive a transfer center message today. But I am going to continue to monitor things to make sure I am not missing any offers, etc.

•••
I'm still screwed and I double-checked my email settings and Sedo.com is still whitelisted, spam is to be sent to a folder (still empty) and I just had 2 counters + a transaction update this morning with zero email updates.

But I did get the Sedo support email reply to my query no problem...

•••
I would go ahead and send a private message to Chris from sedo and have him look at your email address specifically. Maybe include the support ticket number. What you are experiencing is exactly what I was seeing. And my transfer agent stated that so far no one else had complained. That was on the 13th

•••
An added twist:

I tried changing my Sedo email to one that I fully control, but as I am not receiving auto-generated emails from Sedo (only personal or support ones) at my current address, I also do not receive the "confirmation email" needed to make the switch.

And the only response I get from Sedo (at the same email as the auto-generated messages come - mull that over for a bit) are the canned "please check your spam folder" and "maybe your provider is blocking sedo.com"

If I am receiving support emails from "[email protected]" how could only auto-generated emails from the same "[email protected]" be blocked? Is Sedo using a different IP range to send out auto-generated emails compared to manually created emails?

It's like a Catch-22 combined with recurring dream mixed in with a Groundhog day remake.

I have several Sedo transactions going on, and this is getting really ugly, really quick.

Last edited:
•••
In all honesty, I stopped contacting regular sedo support a long time ago because they never believe me and it is a waste of time. I either get Chris to help me or my transfer agent to forward the concern etc. And then it gets handled. So definitely give him your email in a private message and let him get to the bottom of it. It is ridiculous to have to keep returning to the transfer center to see if the status has changed. Those emails are vital to completing transfers.

•••
@DomainRecap have you had any resolution to your problem?

•••
@DomainRecap have you had any resolution to your problem?

Yes, it turned out that Bell had started blocking the IP addresses of the auto-generated Sedo mail, while leaving alone the IPs used for manually-generated mail (so I didn't get auto-generated updates but I received Sedo support + personal email). I called Bell and put in a request for these to be opened up.

I guess I had too many transactions going on, with constant updates + offers coming in, that it lit up the Bell security software.

•••
Glad to hear it is resolved!

•••
Hey

I was also informed by our Tech Team that they contacted bell directly to hopefully prevent this from happening to any other customers in the future.

All the best
Chris

•••
•••
If you have any issues in the future then just post a message FAO for Chris and it will make its way to me and Ill do my best to sort it out for you.

All the best
Chris

•••
Yes, it turned out that Bell had started blocking the IP addresses of the auto-generated Sedo mail, while leaving alone the IPs used for manually-generated mail (so I didn't get auto-generated updates but I received Sedo support + personal email). I called Bell and put in a request for these to be opened up.

I guess I had too many transactions going on, with constant updates + offers coming in, that it lit up the Bell security software.
Glad you figured it out, but that seems over aggressive on Bell part. Although it must be great to have enough Sedo communication to trigger that!
Bob

Last edited:
•••
@Sedo
Just noticed NEW DNS records on my parked domains:

example.tld. IN MX 0 mail.pickelhost.com.
example.tld. IN TXT "v=spf1 ip6:fd92:59f3:510e::/48 -all"

What purpose?
Hidden and very dangerous (for the domain owners) email monetization or what???
Please remove it...

Last edited:
•••
@Jurgen Wolf Can you please give me more information on the parked domain? If it is about the domain pickelhost.com, that one is not parked with Sedo.
We can't make any changes to your dns records at your registrar, but we are happy to look into your account details to learn more if you contact us via [email protected] and let us know about the respective parked domain.
All the best!

•••
@Sedo
ANY domain parked on Sedo. On YOUR nameservers.
Above I have posted what YOUR nameservers answer in response for MX records query...
Please remove these abnormal MX and SPF records from your DNS template, nobody needs this hidden email monetization!
It ends with domain suspension by the corresponding Registry soon or later.

Last edited:
•••
This "mail.pickelhost.com" entry seems to be on all my Sedo domains as well, although this just might be unfortunate host naming by Amazon AWS.

•••
@Sedo ... In other words, if the domain is using sedoparking dns servers, then Sedo is receiving any and all emails arriving to the parked domain, including potentially private emails intended to previous owners.

Moreover, by using SPF records, SEDO explicitly states that such domains MAY also send outgoing emails, and some security list appears to be referring to these emails as spammy:
https://community.cisco.com/t5/email-security/spam-ironport-not-being-blocked/td-p/2844208

Can you please clarify: what happens with emails delivered to anything @ parked domain addresses, why did Sedo elect to receive them, what emails are sent from these addresses, and for what purpose?

Last edited:
•••
•••

The associated IP (IPv4 address) was carrying out SSH bruteforce attack from 21 Jun t beginning of July 2020 (y)

ipv.png

all hosts are offline

Last edited:
•••
Similar issue also appeared on UniMarket parked domains...
They have set the following MX records:
mx247.in-mx.com
mx247.in-mx.net

I already started my ticket there... and asked for their removal globally or at least per my account...

Last edited:
•••
This "mail.pickelhost.com" entry seems to be on all my Sedo domains as well, although this just might be unfortunate host naming by Amazon AWS.
According to my research in 2019 - Amazon SMTP was listed in SORBS: http://www.sorbs.net/lookup.shtml
How it is nowadays - I didn't check their IPs...
SORBS is widely used by various email providers to block/filter emails...

But it doesn't matter.
All these domain marketplaces have no any rights to handle email traffic without our permission.

Last edited:
•••
Similar issue also appeared on UniMarket parked domains...
They have set the following MX records:
mx247.in-mx.com
mx247.in-mx.net

I already started my ticket there... and asked for their removal globally or at least per my account...
Strange reply from Uni:
we don't have the chance to delete those MX records, because the MX records are in place to gather and analyze data from incoming spam to those servers in order to combat spam emails better going forward.

So if no understanding on Uni side - I don't recommend to park your domains there.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back