Dynadot

Not Receiving Offer Emails from GoDaddy?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I just noticed what I think might be a bug in GoDaddy Auctions.

I received a couple of offers on GD today and I used one of my standard methods of locating it, by first sorting by offer amount and then locating the domain by bid amount.

I looked a bit closer and noticed there were some strange domains near the top of the list, and after investigation, I found these were all domains where the initial bidder had been slowly increasing his or her bid amount. The problem is that I never received any emails updating me on these subsequent bids. The very first bid, yes, but not later.

Then I noticed something else.

It looks like if you ignore the first bid and don't counter, that you will not receive updates if this bid is increased.

I have a handful of these listings, where I did not counter but the multiple subsequent bids that were never emailed to me. I searched my email and I always found the first bid notification, but nothing after that. These subsequent bids all happened recently, in January and February, so this might be a recent problem that's cropped up.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
There was a bug that was fixed about 8 days ago that impacted some of the offer/counter offer emails. If you are still seeing this please let me know.

•••
I lost a sale because this bug. Got an offer on the 1/31 but never received an email from Godaddy.

•••
There was a bug that was fixed about 8 days ago that impacted some of the offer/counter offer emails. If you are still seeing this please let me know.

Thanks for the update Joe, as I went through this extended period in January-February where I wasn't getting any offers on GoDaddy - I just thought it was random, but it turns out I was getting offers, just not emails.

I'll definitely keep an eye on this going forward.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back