Dynadot

Dynadot not sending Afternic Fast Transfer emails

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I had a couple of domains which went past the 60 days Registar Lock recently. Its been 4-5 days and I have still not received the Fast Transfer confirmation emails. Setting for Afternic Sale from Manage Domains page isnt working either.

Chat support says they are having issues with confirmation part and I should re-add the Domains in Afternic if I dont get any emails.

The problem is once you delete and try to add the domain again - Afternic wont accept the domains by showing the error - Already Listed. I have to send them email with screenshots and wait for 4-7 days. Doing this one-off is OK but doing this every time for each of the domains would involve unnecessary time/energy.

Anyone else having the same issue?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hello,
it's been years that these email don't get send if you list your domain BEFORE the removal of the 60-days lock on a domain.

The way I proceed is I regularly reupload all my domains on Afternic in an excel sheet AND send Afternic support the following message throgh their form:

===
Hello,
my id is xxx

I uploaded a CSV file of my domains and I have 172 Domains Pending Review.

Can you please review them ?
- validate those which need manual verification
- unlist those that were listed by previous owners

===

That usually gets the trick done, I receive a bunch of confirmation emails from Dynadot the same day.

•••
Never knew about this as I mostly use Godaddy. I add the domains during the 60 days lock period and then get the email automatically from GoDaddy once the domains are past the lock period.

•••
Never knew about this as I mostly use Godaddy. I add the domains during the 60 days lock period and then get the email automatically from GoDaddy once the domains are past the lock period.

Yes, that's the general behaviour with most registrars (Namesilo, NetSol...) But not with Dynadot. Asked them why it is so, but never got an answer neither from Dynadot or Afternic...

•••
I'm sorry to hear of this, the listings would need to be reinitialized with Afternic before they could be confirmed from our side unfortunately. I will raise the issue with our team however, to check if it would be possible for us to automatically send the confirmation request once a domain was 60 days old.

•••
I'm sorry to hear of this, the listings would need to be reinitialized with Afternic before they could be confirmed from our side unfortunately. I will raise the issue with our team however, to check if it would be possible for us to automatically send the confirmation request once a domain was 60 days old.

It would be nice if we got an update on this issue. Once the 60 days are passed, this should work automatically. Let's get this done Dynadot!

•••
It would be nice if we got an update on this issue. Once the 60 days are passed, this should work automatically. Let's get this done Dynadot!

Yes it would be a very important new feature, please implement it @Dynadot .
It should be possible, other registrars can do it.

I am very satisfied with Dynadot. I only have this issue with Dynadot.

•••
Hello Dynadot,

Did you manage to sort this issue so that the confirmation requests are sent automatically once the domain is 60 days old?

•••
It is risky to add domains <60 days old (not transferable) to Afternic in the fisrt place. The seller is supposed to be able to deliver the domain, via "fast" registrar transfer or via manual registrar transfer. Domain listings are distributed to external registrars, and external registrars are naturally expecting to receive domains they sell via registrar transfer. So, if a com/net domain was _created_ <60 days old - it is better not to add it to afternic. On the other hand, if the domain is >60 days old and it was transferred-in to Dynadot - then the domain is transferable immediately [no registry restrictions], I beleive Dynadot doesn't impose restrictions on such domains as well, so it can be added to Afternic (including fast transfer) without issues.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back