IT.COM

Sedo buy help

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi,

I bought a domain through sedo 'buy now' then 1 day after paying for the domain i get this message from the sedo team -

Sedo Transfer Agent
Dear Stuart

unfortunately the domain name has currently an auction lock so we will not be able to push the domain name to you until the end of the month

We apologize for the inconveniences

Regards

Can anyone tell me what this means? Sedo is now not responding to my questions, im fuming!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi,

I bought a domain through sedo 'buy now' then 1 day after paying for the domain i get this message from the sedo team -

Sedo Transfer Agent
Dear Stuart

unfortunately the domain name has currently an auction lock so we will not be able to push the domain name to you until the end of the month

Regards

Can anyone tell me what this means? Sedo is now not responding to my questions, im fuming!
This domain is locked by registrar, you just wait for until the end of the month, Sedo will push it to your account. Is this domain name at Enom.com registrar right?

•••
Last edited:
•••
The domain is at enom, sedo has an account at enom and so do I.

Sedo said to me that they have asked the seller to push to them. I then said to sedo that they can then push to my enom account. But they replied with that above, i dont get it? Why is there a lock if its being pushed to the same place?

•••
It's an auction lock, not a registrar lock. Usually lifted after 42 days of the auction end. Owner can only change nameservers, but not transfer out or push.

•••
But the domain wasnt sold in an auction, it was a buy now listing

•••
Owner bought it at auction.

•••
At Enom.com, you can only push one time for each 7 days.

•••
When i sold a domain at sedo. It was under lock, then i transferred domain to sedo through Push and they sent domain to buyer through push. And i was paid. My domain was at name.com

•••
Ill phone them this afternoon, thanks for your help guys

•••
•••
The owner has had it since 2016

Then something doesn't add up. Winning a domain at auction is what causes an auction lock.

•••
I know, they have just come back with this now -

Sedo Transfer Agent
Dear Stuart

it just means there is a lock on the domain name at the current registrar that does not let the domain name to be pushed or transferred

As soon as the domain name can be pushed into your eNom account, we will do so and inform you

Regards

•••
I wouldn't have bought the domain if i had known i had to wait a month to get it, what a joke!

•••
If it is at Enom.com, you can only push one time for each 7 days, not a month!

•••
If it is at Enom.com, you can only push one time for each 7 days, not a month!

Their first message indicated a month -

Sedo Transfer Agent
Dear Stuart

Regards

•••
•••
•••
•••
Who tell you?

Seller through email!

Just received this today from sedo -

Sedo Transfer Agent
Dear Stuart

as mentioned before, the push will be able to take place at the end of the month

We will follow up with both you and the seller as soon as we can move forward

Regards

•••
•••
Seller through email!

Just received this today from sedo -

Sedo Transfer Agent
Dear Stuart

as mentioned before, the push will be able to take place at the end of the month

We will follow up with both you and the seller as soon as we can move forward

Regards
How could you contact the seller? As I know, you bought the domain via Sedo, not with the seller directly.

You talk to Sedo that the domain is at Enom.com, you can push one time for each 7 days, not a month

•••
I arranged to buy the domain with the seller through sedo

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back