Dynadot

Sedo Buyer did not pay – Sedo does nothing

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Brandon.Domains

Successful Internet Entrepreneur Since 1998Established Member
Impact
The topic says it all.

This is my first case, so I’m unsure what to do. The buyer is located in the U.S. - are there any debt collectors taking on unpaid Sedo domain purchases?

Thanks,
Brandon

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I am trying to sell quite a few premium domains with .agency, .center, direct, .directory, .domain, and .life extensions. Unfortunately I can not sell them with Godaddy due to system programming issues(seems odd since I was able to buy them through Godaddy). I haven't checked to see if I can list them as a Godaddy Premium listing. I will call to check.
All makes sense now... Yeah that may be a problem as I don't think GoDaddy has a Premium Listing for those yet as I'm also holding onto a few ngtlds for future sales.

Best of luck and let me know how you get on :)

•••
•••
Assuming you didn't lose the domain, that's just the way it works. What did you expect them to do? the buyer will likely get their account closed, then immediately open a new one. This happens and if you are going to be in domaining for any length of time, it will happen again. All you really lost was some time. There is no debt collection service as it isn't a debt. Its breech of contract and you have no remedies.
This kind of situation is shameful; and this goes both buyer/seller responsibilities.
1.) Buyer, should comply to the policy of buying. If for any reason a buyer does not adhere the contact, buyer future purchase previlage must be ban or block. Serious buyers only. This is just the first step that a company can inforced. Just my thought.
2.) Seller, should comply responsibility and policy regarding selling. If this for any reason does not adhere, seller privileges of future selling must be ban and block.
Example: Item was bought and paid; right after the auction end; however, the seller refused to ship item.

Domain Name big comapny, selling domain name; should create an area where a buyer & seller can leave feedback. This will track abusive buyer & seller. Just my opinion. Still lots to be done; to get result. Till then keep us inform of changes if there is any...

•••
it's time to create your own marketplace.

I was considering starting something for my domains. Even bought two domains: domainfinders.co and domainshop.domains.
I find that I never have problems with GoDaddy Premium listing... Yes they take 20% but I just factor that into sale price and I prefer to pay a little more with fees for the ease of transaction and payment...

It can always be a bit of hit and miss on Sedo but that is the world of domaining in general...

I wish you well and hope you continue to make more sales :)

Thank you for the feedback. I am curious have you had success with selling number and acronym domains with the Godaddy Premium listings?

•••
What other options besides Sedo do we have? With GoDaddy i don't want to have any business, and Namesilo seems very young and not so solid yet. Any other reputable auctions?

•••
I think when you register on sedo you can see rules and understand that buyer can go away at any moment when bidding or buying

•••
Is naming allowed? Maybe we should have a forum category for listing buyers who did not pay. The buyer can change his Sedo handle but he can't change his real name and address.

Brandon

Those threads are a regular feature here.

I created such a thread today and a few members came in complaining about it, even though I cleared the thread with the Mod before even creating it. So now the thread is being reviewed "by management" because it was reported by someone who doesn't like the idea of deadbeats being outed. I know who reported the thread, but I won't out him, the point of the thread was to out those who shirk their legal responsibilities in offer/acceptance domain purchase contracts, not to out those who would shield them from exposure. :xf.grin:

Last edited:
•••
I created such a thread today and a few members came in complaining about it, even though I cleared the thread with the Mod before even creating it.

Certainly non-paying buyer details have been published here in the past without objections, at least not public ones. Possibly privacy legislation and attitudes have changed since then. If a buyer has never bought, or maybe sold, anything on Sedo their details are unverified - the name and other info given by Sedo about a non-paying buyer might be a complete fiction.

What certification do Sedo require for making offers? Is it different for different price thresholds?

•••
I wouldn't pay either, I click purchase thinking it would go into cart without confirmation or any warning I some brought a 900 euro domain I didn't want. I called, email and try live chat, nothing work, so I assumed it was a scam and hope no one sues me over it. Like seriously no warning for a legal binding agreement. Sedo is the worst company. I try contacting the owner nothing, if you have no respect for me, I'm not paying, I think its a scam. I'm real scared because I had my real name and address, I hope I would win in court. I'm only 18 and I have all this stress because of a dumb company.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back