IT.COM

discuss Security Tokens

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

The winner is

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Utility Tokens

votes
    15.0%
  • Security Tokens

votes
    85.0%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

MSN-Domains

Top Member
Impact
The SEC will mandate Security Tokens, It's easy to see why.
securities-token-offerings-STOs-662x290.png

For those that are still struggling to understand the concept i'll explain in a way you can understand.

Example:

Utility Token - Namepros generate a utility token ICO that can be used on the forum no ownership, unregulated, back by nothing, thin air investment. Maybe you can use it to purchase things on the forum, fundamentally who gives a shit.

Security Token - Namepros generate a security token which holds 10 Top Domains *NP defines a top domain as (No domains under $1000 resale value) You can invest it in, you can profit from it, It's regulated and has governance.

In my eyes this is as clear as day how this can work - furthermore you don't need a 10k page whitepaper to understand as it's backed by a security.

Any aspiring domain fund mangers you can now begin on polymath network and raise capital for your investments. The only question remains, Can you provide a ROI for your investors.

I'll invest $1k into the first good portfolio with a clear history of P/L

https://tokenstudio.polymath.network/

Attachments

• securities-token-offerings-STOs-662x290.png
    securities-token-offerings-STOs-662x290.png
    130.5 KB · Views: 258
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
STOex.co

stoex.co

s t o e x . c o

STO Exchange

💯

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
I have SAFERtoken (Secure and Fast Encryption Routine Token)

•••
Considering the recent sto.org sale for 25k I looked at sto.com and found it is being used by what looks like a successful building facade company based in Amsterdam. Given that they probably wouldn't sell there domain as it is the ultimate domain for them and linked to their brand, does this unavailability mean other sto dot Domain's are more valuable?

You never know, they might choose to rebrand if the right offer comes along.
Didn't Ledger.com buy their domain from a live business?

STO domains will be sought after, but token domains are going to shoot up in value even more.

•••
Intead of going on sto reg spree, I. Just stick to token in general. Both keywords and brandable. That should cover all areas including crypto and blockchain

•••
In Verisgn's December trending keywords list for .com, "securities" made a showing.

Not guaranteed it is related to security tokens, but something tells me it is.......2019!

•••
SecurityWarrants.com
STOwarrants.com

Warrants are going to be a big part of security tokenization.
Lots of domains have been already registered over the last year in this niche.

•••
Anny sales on Security Token. . Please report if any..

•••
The term "crypto" may be taking a hit as mentioned above. The same can be said about the term "token." For this reason many companies in this space are emphasizing the proper term is "Digital Securities" vs. "Security Tokens."

I like what you're saying however "token" or "tokenization" represents the abstraction of anything physical to digital in a asset i.e 10000000 OCS = 100% ownership in One Canada Square. The terminology is set in stone there

Last edited:
•••
If this tech really takes off, mass adoption does happen and demand for strong or even average Security Token domains increases dramatically is it better to hold out for end user demand or get out via the inevitable initial trader rush. Has anyone been in a situation like that before in prev demand explosions? What is the best way to play it?
There has been lots of debate on this subject in the past with trend and growth sectors. We have seen it with drones, virtual reality, crypto, etc.

Opinions vary and trying to time the market is the hard part.

•••
The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), a financial regulatory body in the United Kingdom, issued the Final Guidance on Cryptoassets today.

FCA’s responses and conclusions include:

• Cryptocurrencies, which are in the Guidance termed as “exchange tokens”, do not fall within the regulatory perimeter.
  • Exchange tokens can be used to facilitate regulated payment services, such as international money remittance.
  • All firms (market participants) that are using crypto assets to facilitate regulated payments must ensure that they have the correct permissions and follow the relevant rules and regulations.
  • Crypto assets other than exchange tokens can be used to facilitate regulated payments, particularly stablecoins.
  • Security tokens are regulated: these are the tokens that provide rights and obligations similar to specified investments and financial instruments, hence being similar to traditional instruments like shares, debentures, or units in a collective investment scheme.
  • Utility tokens are not regulated, except if they fall within the category of e-money tokens. Changes to the Guidance have been made to clarify the unregulated tokens category. E-money tokens are thus separated from the utility tokens and security tokens category, creating a regulated e-money token category and an unregulated category that includes utility tokens.
  • E-money tokens is, therefore, a new, regulated category; firms must ensure they have the correct permissions and follow the relevant rules and regulations.
Just Regged:

EmoneyTokens.com
E-moneyTokens.com

•••
•••
•••
•••
I can see great value in both. They each have a role to play. Cryptoassets under management will grow from 92.2 million to 320.2 million by 2026. Significant and the infrastructure growth rate is even higher.

SecurityTokenExchange.org
SecurityTokenExchange.net (soon)

SecurityToken.Holdings
SecurityToken.Dev

Tokenathon.com
UtilitiesToken.com
InitialTokensOffering.com
SecurityTokensMarket.com

TOKNWallet.com
TOKNX.com
TOKN360.com
TOKNCoin.com

Exciting times

•••
Cryptocurrencies terrify the wealthy because they are screwed if they do and screwed if they don’t.

The world is awash with thousands of problems = (Money) if solved, absolutely no sense of FOMO.

If you live in a country that get's QE (helicopter money) you excited by the use of blockchain like i am. We come from different walks of life, I can't believe assets or stores of value are created out of in thin air - Like Charlie munger has explained and many others. I can however participate with a security backed token as I've explained.

As i have always said, capital will decide where it wants to go

Last edited:
•••
www.STOmkt.com
www.STOfactory.com
www.STObuffer.com
www.TrackSTO.com
www.Sekuritytoken.com
www.Sekuritytokens.com
www.STOtimeline.com
Topsecuritytoken.com
Stoadvisoryservices.com
ProjectSTO.com
Securitytokend.COM
Securitytokened.com
Tokenizingsecurities.com
Securitytokening.com
Securitytoken.services
Tokensecured.com
STObuffer.com
STOlancer.com

Some of my Security Token Domains..

Good starting point, but slow down and make better decision - Look for Sub Sectors i.e REITs etc Assets ready to become tokenized

Now that Utility Tokens are basically redundant you have time to pick some good spots but not long before the it's the consensus, if not already

Last edited:
•••
STOlaunchgroup.com
FoundSTO.com
PlanetSTO.com
STOchecker.com
STOpicker.com
STOhunch.com
STOlegaladvice.com
IcomplySTO.com
STOzoom.com
STObyte.com
OnlySTO.com

•••
Thank you for posting this information MSN Domains. Very interesting stuff. Researching this topic it seems on the verge of a big jump in recognition and adoption. I picked up digitalsecuritytokens.com the other day, any thoughts? I realise its a long domain but thinking it could still have potential.

•••
Iconomi is also moving from their utility token to an equity/security token and I think that is the next step in the ICO evolution, because next ICOs will need to give assurances (read equity) to investors to get their money.

•••
•••
I have registered @securitytoken and @securitytokens on Instagram.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back