Dynadot

discuss Security Tokens

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

The winner is

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Utility Tokens

votes
    15.0%
  • Security Tokens

votes
    85.0%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

MSN-Domains

Top Member
Impact
The SEC will mandate Security Tokens, It's easy to see why.
securities-token-offerings-STOs-662x290.png

For those that are still struggling to understand the concept i'll explain in a way you can understand.

Example:

Utility Token - Namepros generate a utility token ICO that can be used on the forum no ownership, unregulated, back by nothing, thin air investment. Maybe you can use it to purchase things on the forum, fundamentally who gives a shit.

Security Token - Namepros generate a security token which holds 10 Top Domains *NP defines a top domain as (No domains under $1000 resale value) You can invest it in, you can profit from it, It's regulated and has governance.

In my eyes this is as clear as day how this can work - furthermore you don't need a 10k page whitepaper to understand as it's backed by a security.

Any aspiring domain fund mangers you can now begin on polymath network and raise capital for your investments. The only question remains, Can you provide a ROI for your investors.

I'll invest $1k into the first good portfolio with a clear history of P/L

https://tokenstudio.polymath.network/

Attachments

• securities-token-offerings-STOs-662x290.png
    securities-token-offerings-STOs-662x290.png
    130.5 KB · Views: 254
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
This is now, well underway.

Example O'Leary is offering 1/3 of the hotel on the Blockchain in the form of a securitized token.

Last edited:
•••
Both are winners and I won’t be casting a vote thanks.

That’s very interesting and amazing news for all current Cryptocurrencies backed by a security or not.

You seem to not ‘give a shit’ about the fundamental Blockchain technology and people who’s companies create these Blockchain systems as a store of value.

For me personally, the technology and fundamentals of these companies (and people) offering cryptocurrencies as stores of value IS for me where the value lies. I understand that people need material items to give them a sense of security, but remember, nothing material lasts forever. The Blockchain is in essence not material and something that time can not erode.

Last edited:
•••
Both are not winners. It's not even close. One is a gimmick (unregulated funding) and one is Securitization with governance.

For me personally, the technology and fundamentals of these companies (and people) offering cryptocurrencies as stores of value IS for me where the value lies.

Explain to me in the history of humanity how/when/if it is possible to create a store of value with no asset? If own a Utility token you own 0 of 0.

Of course i care, I think it's great. It's the best news - i have been waiting for this. In all honesty i didn't think the industry would get it's act together fast enough.

However this thin air, fake market cap thing, i don't know appeals to people who have maybe taken too many drugs in their lifetime i don't know.......... but there isn't anything fundamental about it other than it being fundamentally fraud.

•••
Both are not winners. It's not even close. One is a gimmick (unregulated funding) and one is Securitization with governance.

Explain to me in the history of humanity how/when/if it is possible to create a store of value with no asset? If own a Utility token you own 0 of 0.

Of course i care, I think it's great. It's the best news - i have been waiting for this. In all honesty i didn't think the industry would get it's act together fast enough.

However this thin air, fake market cap thing, i don't know appeals to people who have maybe taken too many drugs in their lifetime i don't know.......... but there isn't anything fundamental about it other than it being fundamentally fraud.

To the average man on the Street Crypto is Crypto is Crypto. If you think otherwise your dreaming. Just try educate someone on Fiat currencies and the Federal Reserve and see how long it takes for their face to go blank.

Knowledge, belief, integrity, servitude, being a part of something much bigger than burying shiny metal in a vault is the store of value my friend. Do you think the Vatican acquired its wealth and imposed its influence on the world off the back of Gold. No, it was through knowledge and the application of knowledge.

Looks like we both welcome this news although we’ll have to agree to disagree.

Last edited:
•••
Education is not necessary. Everybody understands securitization and why it's absolutely necessary. You want a loan, Your house is collateral. In 1200-BC you want a loan your Goat was collateral.

There is no grey area. One market is in securities, one market is unregulated funding with no means to get a return on your capital let alone even preserve it. FYI gold is not used to generate wealth it's a security of the wealth you have.

You still didn't explain how you can create a Store of Value without an asset. Since you can't answer there is not need to agree or disagree - It's a question of Fact's or Fiction.

•••
I believe I have already answered your question.

•••
Knowledge, belief, integrity, servitude, being a part of something much bigger than burying shiny metal in a vault is the store of value my friend. Do you think the Vatican acquired its wealth and imposed its influence on the world off the back of Gold. No, it was through knowledge and the application of knowledge.

You never answered the question. Genuinely want to understand your perspective

How do you gain confidence from giving your capital to something that's unregulated, un-collateralized, no form of dividend, no governance and worse of all no equity(ownership). I could go on but you can see the picture.

I explained securitization Digital or Not in a sentence. You should be able to do the same.......

•••
•••
Greater fool theory.
Are they even greater fools? there is 0 securitization and 0 equity.

You need to come up with a new to term to hypothesize how so many people are duped into doing it

•••
The Idealogy of the Blockchain and Cryptocurrencies is far too complex for me to even try to convince you otherwise. I suggest you take it up with the creator.

What I do know is that they came into existence as a consequence of a flawed, outdated and ineffectual model that no longer serves the people.

•••
The Idealogy of the Blockchain and Cryptocurrencies is far too complex for me to even try to convince you otherwise. I suggest you take it up with the creator.

What I do know is that they came into existence as a consequence of a flawed, outdated and ineffectual model that no longer serves the people.

Far from the truth, It's extremely easy to understand, you can summarize it by saying a Triple Entry Accounting system on the cloud. nothing more nothing less

Any suitable Security Token domains send them my way. I'm buying

•••
DSTOQ
Looks as if they are first, to have a working protocol
dstoq.design-1961931929616578-screen.gif

•••
This isn't one is bad and the other is good. They are both two different things.

For example, a privately owned company, Company X, backed by Apple and Google, release a token that is worth 50% of their company value. This is a security token. There is no objective to the coin/token, it doesn't have a purpose or an utility, its a pure investment, a gamble if you will based on how you feel the company will do. Bit like investing in stocks and shares.

On the other hand, you can have a token released by a project that does serve a purpose, perhaps it's smart contracts or a new transaction blockchain mechanism purely for banks. This is a Utility token. It has a purpose aside from being just an investment.

What's better? In my eyes, a Utility token. Why? Because there is a use case for the token. It's there to serve a purpose from day one. We know exactly what it does and we can go and use it right that second if we wanted too.

A Security Token is backed by the asset behind it i.e. the company. If there's a global recession or the company gets hacked. What you think will happen to the value of the Security Token?

Why did SEC create a distinction? Because 100's of ICO are popping up every week claiming that their tokens are amazing tech coins that do amazing things i.e. they are claiming to be Utility tokens like Ether but in fact there are just bogus shell companies that will take your money and do nothing with it but buy lambos.

That's the way I see it, but I'm not really fussed. Invest in whatever you feel comfortable with.

GL

Last edited:
•••
On the other hand, you can have a token released by a project that does serve a purpose, perhaps it's smart contracts or a new transaction blockchain mechanism purely for banks. This is a Utility token. It has a purpose aside from being just an investment.

What's better? In my eyes, a Utility token. Why? Because there is a use case for the token. It's there to serve a purpose from day one. We know exactly what it does and we can go and use it right that second if we wanted too.

Let's take your example "BANKCOIN" utility token example that solves cross border settlement times. How would this token be of any value to you? They're not gifting their technology away to the banks for free? So why don't you stand to benefit financially if it succeeds in the marketplace. Even worse offers no security in the form of equity. Are you a bank? why do you need a cross border settlement token. Can you explain what on earth you will do with it? How is this useful to your daily life.

I'll offer my polarizing example - Amazon inc in 2006 started AWS to solve the server space issue on the cloud. If i own AMZN inc equity i stand to benefit financially if AWS works - Why on earth would i need AWS token? I use my base currency to use the platform should i need it

Nobody needs a token to use AWS platform. I think the 18B in revenue this yr alone proves the platforms utility and it's serving a pretty significant purpose.

Last edited:
•••
A Security Token is backed by the asset behind it i.e. the company. If there's a global recession or the company gets hacked. What you think will happen to the value of the Security Token?

In the worse case scenario, They liquidators are called in and there is a fire sale. There is a business a balance sheet or assets > Not thin air.

•••
Most importantly, critically. Let's say smart contract's are important and companies are using them - Let's use Ether as example

How on earth do you qualify from transaction volume consumers are using the platform? How do you distinguish between market makers, liquidity providers, retail traders, funds etc from the transaction volume.

https://etherscan.io/chart/tx

It's such a nonsensical way to do something i can't get my head around it. Beyond backwards, but that's the point - it was always meant to be unregulated funding and never anything else.

•••
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say you have been burnt pretty hard by investing in either Bitcoin / Ether or some other coin. Perhaps you bought at the peak, maybe you re-mortgaged your house and went all in, expecting lambos but soon realised you made a serious mistake and now your extremely bitter at any coin that is now classed as a Utility token and now you're hoping you will make you money back with the new and improved Security token.

If I have this totally wrong then I apologise, but this is the way you're coming across.

I don't particularly want to debate anything with you. I know where BTC/ETH is going to be value-wise in the coming years. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand that there is serious money pouring into the space and if you want to ride the wave, simply buy and HODL.

GL.

•••
Cryptocurrencies terrify the wealthy because they are screwed if they do and screwed if they don’t.

•••
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say you have been burnt pretty hard by investing in either Bitcoin / Ether or some other coin. Perhaps you bought at the peak, maybe you re-mortgaged your house and went all in, expecting lambos but soon realised you made a serious mistake and now your extremely bitter at any coin that is now classed as a Utility token and now you're hoping you will make you money back with the new and improved Security token.

That is the general assumption and default responses i get. So no need to apologize, i sleep great every-night. Contrary to your assumption, When i found out what happen DAO/Ethereum and watching unrealistic Price / action I pulled all my capital out - extremely well in the black.

I have nothing to debate either, I ask questions - nobody can answer them - This is nothing new.

More importantly this thread should be domains

•••
Cryptocurrencies terrify the wealthy because they are screwed if they do and screwed if they don’t.

The world is awash with thousands of problems = (Money) if solved, absolutely no sense of FOMO.

If you live in a country that get's QE (helicopter money) you excited by the use of blockchain like i am. We come from different walks of life, I can't believe assets or stores of value are created out of in thin air - Like Charlie munger has explained and many others. I can however participate with a security backed token as I've explained.

As i have always said, capital will decide where it wants to go

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
www.STOmkt.com
www.STOfactory.com
www.STObuffer.com
www.TrackSTO.com
www.Sekuritytoken.com
www.Sekuritytokens.com
www.STOtimeline.com
Topsecuritytoken.com
Stoadvisoryservices.com
ProjectSTO.com
Securitytokend.COM
Securitytokened.com
Tokenizingsecurities.com
Securitytokening.com
Securitytoken.services
Tokensecured.com
STObuffer.com
STOlancer.com

Some of my Security Token Domains..

Good starting point, but slow down and make better decision - Look for Sub Sectors i.e REITs etc Assets ready to become tokenized

Now that Utility Tokens are basically redundant you have time to pick some good spots but not long before the it's the consensus, if not already

Last edited:
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back