Dynadot

Secret "Forever Domain" TRICK at NameSilo!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

WhoaDomain.com

WhoaDomain.comTop Member
Impact
Hello Namepros,

Very odd thing going on over at my Namesilo account and I'm wondering if I'd discovered a loophole to getting something I'll call a "Forever Domain".

So I ordered transfers for a bunch of domains screenshot below. Embarrassingly the domains were typos. lol

was supposed to be UDRP domains but instead I did URDP domains. OUCH! but anyways.

I had ordered a transfer for these at another registrar. Lucky I caught the error in the typos so I decided not to proceed with the transfers and got a refund for the order.

The problem is on Namesilo these have been "Stuck" in my account where I haven't accepted the transfers.

This all happened back in February. I've asked Namesilo to fix the problem and remove the Transfers from my account but still they haven't to this day.

I figured it would simply work itself out eventually when these domains expire and delete.

To this day they were still in my account. Never bothered to check the whois on these until today.

what would you believe? They are not expired or deleted? Matter of fact if you check each domain since they still have efty DNS nameservers. So these domains still actually point to my Efty landing pages.

You and I both know that when a domain expires you get the blank page when you visit the domain as the domains are no longer active.

So.....what's going on here? have I discovered a great way to have a "Forever Domain"?

Check the screenshots and check the domains via whois for yourselves and visit the domains too to check that they point to my efty landers.

So all we have to do is order transfers from another registrar? submit auth codes?

and when Namesilo asks as to confirm transfer in our pending transfer out section we simple ignore them?

lol

INCREDIBLE!!

here's just one example of the whois for one of the domains below.

Domain:
freeurdp.com

Registrar:
NameSilo, LLC

Registered On:
2019-02-21

Expires On:
2020-02-20

Updated On:
2020-02-21

ok

Name Servers:
ns1.eftydns.com
ns2.eftydns.com

Forever Domains.jpg

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
interesting. https://gwhois.org/freeurdp.com+dns
Created: Wednesday, February 20, 2019 |Expired: Thursday, February 20, 2020 | Updated: Saturday, January 25, 2020

Name Servers: ns1.eftydns.com, ns2.eftydns.com

Request auth codes and see what happens?

no I already submitted the auth codes to the winning registrar. I forgot which right now. I paid and with payment gave the auth codes.

I only caught the typo issue when I was about to accept the transfer over at Namesilo to my Dismay.

Total Homer moment for me. lol

Anyways. Very strange yea?

•••
Back