Dynadot

Searched in GoDaddy.. gone in seconds

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

NameJi

The Domain LoverTop Member
Impact
I was trying few things in godaddy today and found the domain "lol.company" is available for purchase at standard pricing. I kept searching for other domains. After 30 seconds, I came back to "lol.comapny" and this time it is gone.

I double checked with whois, it's taken after my search in godaddy.

This is not first time. It happend to me few times before as well (eg. best.reviews -- gone, smartroads.com -- gone)

Can someone close to Godaddy or people with similar experience please comment.

WHO-IS attached.
whois_lolcompany.png

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
thinking out loud; do they have internal 'bots' or some sort of intelligence in place to auto-buy the premium stuff? Fingers crossed.

•••
false positive
check when this domain was regged using domaintools
usually you'll find that it was before you checked

i remember searching a few thousands domain at Name,
and i had these great domains available
i pasted the list in others registrar
and they were all registered years ago

•••
false positive
check when this domain was regged using domaintools
usually you'll find that it was before you checked

i remember searching a few thousands domain at Name,
and i had these great domains available
i pasted the list in others registrar
and they were all registered years ago

Just attached the WHO-IS screenshot to my original post. For sure it is registered on the same day.

Here are the facts:
1. "lol.company" did appeared available in the godaddy search.
2. After few seconds it is not available on godaddy itself.
3. Who is reflecting the registration happen on the same day.

What I m not sure is if the registration happen before my search or after my search. I think it is not that easy to figure this out. I may not be correct. Therefore asking people to share similar experiences and comment on this incident. If it is 'false positive' then it is good for us.

•••
from DomainTools
i get
Created on 2019-02-26
2 Days ago

are you sure that is the day you made the search?

•••
whoislolcompany.png

estibot is showing a different date (2019-02-27 T01:57:30z).

Let us assume it is already registered before my search. Since it is registered in Godaddy itself it should know this domain is already registered and should not be presented back to other users. This did not happen.

•••
•••
I have checked WhoIs using my own internal tool and can confirm the dates @NameJi showed is the latest and correct. Please note some internal Whois tool will show you cached data that's probably the other user here seen.

Code:
Domain Name: lol.company
Registry Domain ID: 0365d6d8245e4262a0faaae09ef95927-DONUTS
Registrar WHOIS Server: who.godaddy.com/
Registrar URL: xxx.godaddy.com/domains/search.aspx?ci=8990
Updated Date: 2019-02-27T01:57:30Z
Creation Date: 2019-02-27T01:57:29Z
Registry Expiry Date: 2020-02-27T01:57:29Z
Registrar: GoDaddy.com, LLC

Note: I have changed links to godaddy from above as it will not let me post with links

Google DNRF (Domain Name Front Running), where some registrar found doing this but with in 30 seconds is super fast and I am not sure what happened in such case. Please note I am not saying this would have happened in your case, but my few cents for everyone's info. :xf.smile:

•••
Maybe it was on somebody waiting to expire list.

•••
Look at it this way, you just saved $10.

•••
Show attachment 111115
estibot is showing a different date (2019-02-27 T01:57:30z).

Let us assume it is already registered before my search. Since it is registered in Godaddy it self how can it present
Look at it this way, you just saved $10.
Indeed :)

•••
I searched many names...

Sometimes GoDaddy shows it is available....after sometime or immediately when we try to add it to cart it gives "taken" message...

For sure some bugs / updating issues are there at GoDaddy...

•••
Why are you guys registering at GoDaddy is the real question. 🙄 Never search over there unless you are buying immediately or allready bought.

•••
Why are you guys registering at GoDaddy is the real question. 🙄 Never search over there unless you are buying immediately or allready bought.
No, "Why are you searching there" is the question. There are still plenty of valid reasons for registering with GoDaddy.

•••
Same thing happened to me yesterday. I checked that 360.in was available at $4. Then i checked it again after sometime it's gone.
Was it a great domain though ?

•••
•••
Same thing happened to me yesterday. I checked that 360.in was available at $4. Then i checked it again after sometime it's gone.
Was it a great domain though ?
.IN is migrating to another backend this week... This should be completed today.
That's why such issues.

Last edited:
•••
•••
This means that Indian registry is moving from Afilias.info to another tech-backend...

•••
@Jurgen Wolf thanks for the info, DNS validation may create a lot of mess
especially for domain registered in the last 12 hours

i got some false positive when the domain is registered in some marketplace as a premium domain,
got my share of close to heart attack after finding a couple dozens amazing domains that were indeed available,
not for reg fee but for Xx,xxx$ :xf.frown:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back