Domain Empire

Searched domains on GoDaddy being scooped up.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Rich Trader

Established Member
Impact
Today, I was searching for domains to hand reg. I was randomly searching for names then, I suddenly remembered an article published by marketwatch yesterday about home ownership by genarationz so I thought why not search and to my surprise generationz.com was available to register, I had previously as a novice had registered some seemingly gem of names only to find then to be worth nothing. So I went to the domain appraisal tool on godaddy and searched for previous sales and estimates they were in the five figure range. I went back to search only to find it to be taken. Please advise, It has happened to me previously too, only that I didn't care much.
Thanks

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Much more likely two people had a bad idea at the same time.

•••
Not a scam IMO. Just a glitch perhaps. BTW I don't remember GD ever "front running" a name I've checked there in the past.

Most likely a glitch. I had this happen to me as well and just thought someone else had registered it.. but for some reason, the name register said it was available when it wasn't as I went to look again and it had been registered many years before.

•••
Most likely a glitch. I had this happen to me as well and just thought someone else had registered it.. but for some reason, the name register said it was available when it wasn't as I went to look again and it had been registered many years before.
Have you ever had godaddy say something wasn't available when it actually was?

•••
You are too quick with accusations and misleading headings.
Totally agree ..title is "
GoDaddy CAUGHT Front running domains. SCAM"

PURE CLICKBAIT TITLE with no legit proof at all!

•••
•••
Do to multiple reports concerned about the potentially misleading title can you please provide proof and/or sources of your claims within 24 hours. Please keep the following terms of service in mind.

You agree to not use the Service to submit or link to any Content that is abusive, unlawfully defamatory, hateful, threatening, spam or spam-like, likely to offend, contains adult or objectionable content (except in explicitly designated areas), contains personal information of others, risks copyright infringement, encourages unlawful activity, or otherwise violates any laws.

•••
And to clear up everything I said, it wasn't the fault or practice of godaddy, but my own lack of knowledge that caused my situation. I had no idea a domain could be unregistered and still be premium. Who decides that if whois says its unregistered?

I apologize.

•••
LOL , always a coincidence or a glitch isn’t it ...... how convenient

Last edited:
•••
Just goes to show that these threads about domains being scooped up immediately following a search, conspiracies of registrars against the poor me domainer, are nothing new. Still, doesn't make them any more true that the woe is me theme is being repeated.

The simple explanation (not involving a conspiracy) is usually the correct one.

Last edited:
•••
Just goes to show that these threads about domains being scooped up immediately following a search, conspiracies of registrars against the poor me domainer, are nothing new. Still, doesn't make them any more true that the woe is me theme is being repeated.

The simple explanation is usually the correct one.
LOL .... I know it’s a coincidence isn’t it , it’s always a coincidence . domains are big biz & yes when money is involved people / businesses will break ethical rules in chasing more money . It’s human nature , go ahead & do whatever it takes to screw the little guy & if we get caught DENY , DENY , DENY. more than a few registrars have been busted for it , domain auctions are riddled with fake bidders / buyers & it goes on & on in the domain industry , in fact .......their are numerous examples if you care to open your eyes & see .

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back