Dynadot

Scammed

NameSilo
Watch
Scammed (Resolving)

Okay this is a long story so ill try and keep it short.
About 1 month ago i sold a name for $3k and i was looking for another business deal to invest in and i had this guy OdditySoftware on my msn who was looking for a 1/3 partner in SigRent.com which i jumped at sent the money right away.
I never heard from him until i filed a claim which then he said he had been away and he will have the site up the next day if i canceled the claim being a trust worthy guy i did.
That was 2 weeks ago and still no contact he comes to the forum every day as he has posts and shows online but he never reply's to my pm's or e-mails this has been going on 1 month and i am quite certain there isnt going to be a site.
I write this as i am looking for different options to get my money back maybe someone can get in contact with him and help me out.
Im only 15 and $1,000 usd around $1,200 Aud is quite alot of money to lose as thats around half a years work for me.
So i am asking for some help in recovering my funds.
Also i am trying to not use a credit card charge back if my parents find out i wont be able to do business online again.
Thanks for your time and hopefully you can help me out i am willing to offer $100 to who ever helps in recovering my money.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
odditysoftware said:
The point about him being 15 is not a fact, during discovery the cardholder name on the credit card account charged in question is his as well, (can you get a credit card in your name @ 15?)

It is possible, but one must have a guarantor. Basically, chances are his parents agreed to have any debts assigned to themselves should he (as a 15 year old) try to avoid or simply refuses to pay.

This concept is way to complicated for this short space (And the online forum), but the fact that a 15 year old had a credit card (Assuming the age is correct) does give him/her some <very> limited "power" to contract as a proxy for whomever has guaranteed the card. (Not the best explanation, but in short: Aside from any fraud implications, this agreement may have been enforcable simply because of the instrument used to transfer money.).

-Allan

•••
IAmAllanShore said:
It is possible, but one must have a guarantor. Basically, chances are his parents agreed to have any debts assigned to themselves should he (as a 15 year old) try to avoid or simply refuses to pay.

This concept is way to complicated for this short space (And the online forum), but the fact that a 15 year old had a credit card (Assuming the age is correct) does give him/her some <very> limited "power" to contract as a proxy for whomever has guaranteed the card. (Not the best explanation, but in short: Aside from any fraud implications, this agreement may have been enforcable simply because of the instrument used to transfer money.).

-Allan

I would have paid money for that quality of a response! :great:

•••
Doesn't Paypal give out temporary CC #'s or something ? - I've seen it mentioned before somewhere ... Hmmm ...

Well - that's another can of worms .... Glad to see it was worked out :)

•••
His dad could have the same name, but interesting point to note. BTW, much better ending to this thread than I anticipated. I guess that means that namepros has not yet caught up with the rest of the internet yet. :tu:

odditysoftware said:
Would have liked to have known the real age up front..

Even if you go by his profile it says his birthday is:

Birthday:
May 17, 1986

The point about him being 15 is not a fact, during discovery the cardholder name on the credit card account charged in question is his as well, (can you get a credit card in your name @ 15?)

•••
Very good lesson learned.....I am glad everything worked out.......Read EVERYTHING....ASK Questions.....Very good support from the namepro's members and staff.....Makes me glad to be a member! :)

•••
I am using my fathers credit card (and no he doesnt have the same name as me ) but he does not use the internet so he allows me to use at will if i pay him upfront with the money being used.
Also my birthdate on here is 86 due to my brother using it which he likes to change the details.
My birthdate is ??/6/89

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back