NameSilo

Scammed

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Scammed (Resolving)

Okay this is a long story so ill try and keep it short.
About 1 month ago i sold a name for $3k and i was looking for another business deal to invest in and i had this guy OdditySoftware on my msn who was looking for a 1/3 partner in SigRent.com which i jumped at sent the money right away.
I never heard from him until i filed a claim which then he said he had been away and he will have the site up the next day if i canceled the claim being a trust worthy guy i did.
That was 2 weeks ago and still no contact he comes to the forum every day as he has posts and shows online but he never reply's to my pm's or e-mails this has been going on 1 month and i am quite certain there isnt going to be a site.
I write this as i am looking for different options to get my money back maybe someone can get in contact with him and help me out.
Im only 15 and $1,000 usd around $1,200 Aud is quite alot of money to lose as thats around half a years work for me.
So i am asking for some help in recovering my funds.
Also i am trying to not use a credit card charge back if my parents find out i wont be able to do business online again.
Thanks for your time and hopefully you can help me out i am willing to offer $100 to who ever helps in recovering my money.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I would give it 7 days from the beginning of post here in good faith,Just MO,But it's not looking good,Oddity come forward and make this right with this young man!

•••
Okay i will hold off abit maybe for 4 more days but there hast been a response yet and he has been on numorous times through out this ordeal.
Maybe its worth sending to his e-mail at [email protected]

•••
absolutely, you've given him more than enough time. At this point, everything he is saying in pm to the mods (imo) is BS to either buy time or to dissolve the issue without having direct contact with you.

do the chargeback, and tell your father.. who may or may not proceed with any liability in the .AU courts against him.

enough time has passed wherein he should have made contact, in the very least... to say "whats up?".

I know you dont want your parents involved..but please trust us.. it is in your best interest. He is hiding for a reason, what that reason is I don't know.. but I can promise you that reason benefits only him and not you.

•••
You know the more i think about,LeeRyder has an excellent point,And i have zero tolerance for scammers,I would proceed with the charge back now,I try to control myself and be logical,But scammers set me off,FILE ON HIM!!!!

•••
You should have filed the charge back days ago...

•••
First and foremost, let me start by saying that the first time this thread came to out attention was yesterday by virtue of a link supplied by armstrong in a PM (thanks).

Secondly to address the allegations made by Mr. Payne in regards to being ‘scammed’:

You have yet to ever attend one of the ownership or project meeting scheduled weekly via conference call as outlined in section 4.a of the partnership agreement, so as to your “lack of knowledge” as to what was going on, you have only your lack of initiative to blame.

Furthermore, this is a completely mute point as at anytime you have had, and continue to have, the ability to opt out of the partnership by selling back your shares in the partnership to a current majority member for a price equal to that of your original investment as outline in section 7c of the agreement. All that is required to fulfill this recourse available to you as outlined in the contract is to leave a verbal affidavit with the attorney (name and phone # also available in the contract, we can resend info via email or fax if needed) releasing your share(s) of ownership, and nullifying your ability to collect any future profits of the organization.

This recourse has been available to you from day 1, and continues to be. If you would merely follow the simple instructions as outline in the agreement you could have handled this yourself. PLEASE DO SO NOW!

We have neither the time nor patience to follow-up with your inabilities to read and comprehend. In reference to comments made above regarding your age, 15? If this is truly the case, then the proclamation of identification signed as part of the contract on your part, signifying that you are of legally binding age to be held to a contractual obligation (see section 12.2) was a false affirmation.

As usual I appreciate the supportive nature of this community, and am sorry we have been unable to reply to these defamatory accusations until now. Please take the prescriptions available to you Mr. Payne by opting out of the partnership immediately, and be forewarned that continued allegations regarding the mistruths in respects to the our organization and conduct thereof, will be construed as Defamation of Character and we will pursue any and all legal recourse available to us under the governing laws as applicable in section 13.b of the partnership agreement.

Regards,
Will

Last edited:
•••
i think somebody contacted their attorney ;) just return the poor kid money and forget about this issue.

•••
Why not refund the cash as he wishes? Why go by a contract thats null and void since your name is listed wrong and the fact he is 15?

In my eyes anything that has your name on it is now off limits. I run a forum and if I ever see someone using SigRent in their sig or elsewhere they will be warned and pointed to this thread. And the link deleted.

•••
ZuraX said:
Why not refund the cash as he wishes? Why go by a contract thats null and void since your name is listed wrong and the fact he is 15?

In my eyes anything that has your name on it is now off limits. I run a forum and if I ever see someone using SigRent in their sig or elsewhere they will be warned and pointed to this thread. And the link deleted.

First off our attorney has advised that the remedies described in the contract must be followed to terminate the agreement. Which amounts to a simple 3 minute phone call or a notarized letter. And the fact that "he is only 15" is speculation and we must rely on the notarized affidavit in the contract specifying legal age.

I am unsure why there is an inability to forfeit his shares in the partnership and be reimbursed his money as stipulated in the contract?

Last edited:
•••
odditysoftware said:
Furthermore, this is a completely mute point as at anytime you have had, and continue to have, the ability to opt out of the partnership by selling back your shares in the partnership to a current majority member for a price equal to that of your original investment as outline in section 7c of the agreement. All that is required to fulfill this recourse available to you as outlined in the contract is to leave a verbal affidavit with the attorney (name and phone # also available in the contract, we can resend info via email or fax if needed) releasing your share(s) of ownership, and nullifying your ability to collect any future profits of the organization.

This recourse has been available to you from day 1, and continues to be. If you would merely follow the simple instructions as outline in the agreement you could have handled this yourself. PLEASE DO SO NOW!

There you have it. Get this done, and get your money back. Seems reasonable and a lot easier than dealing with charging something back with the credit card company.

And ZuraX is right about what will happen if you chargeback a transaction on PayPal. You will be banned from their service. That is a last resort, imho.

•••
notarized affidavit ?? Via electronic signing sir? I agree with RJ,The solution is easy enough,Take care of it and be done with it.

•••
Can we see a copy of the contract with his signature in INK and not just typed out?

Because if you say its only his typed name and its leagel... I may have to start making up contracts stating people are giving me their domains.

I can see it now... Your Honor, I have a contract signed by Ron selling me namepros.com and the forum for $10. Please have ICANN switch the domain over to me and vBulletin put the Lincense into my name.

•••
Can I get the rights to this thread as a screenplay? Frankie Munez to play Sigrent, maybe Jason alexander to play Oddity

•••
Just a simple thing, here in Sweden a kid under the age of 18 is under the supervision of his parents. So a kid cant really sign a contract or make a purschase without his parents permision.

Just to prevent stuff like a kid goes and buy a car or order 500 pizzas.
Look up the laws concering this if you as a kid have the rights to go into the contract and payment.

My opinion give the kid his money back, if he had been older then we could blaim him.

•••
equity78 Ill sell my part for 10,000 NP$ :)

•••
Wow, this has been one of the more interesting threads lately. :)

•••
Sigrent it looks like you have an option made to you, sign, fax and get "The Money". Glad you and your partner are getting this resloved. Some great advice for future partnerships "Read the Fine Print" LOL!

Good Luck to both of you, let us know when you finished your transactions.

:)

•••
odditysoftware said:
We have neither the time nor patience to follow-up with your inabilities to read and comprehend. In reference to comments made above regarding your age, 15? If this is truly the case, then the proclamation of identification signed as part of the contract on your part, signifying that you are of legally binding age to be held to a contractual obligation (see section 12.2) was a false affirmation.

:bingo: And there we have it!

Will/oddity, thanks for stopping by the thread and giving us the rest of the story. Great post, BTW.

SigRent, you might change the title of this thread.

And folks in general (including myself): While we don't know the whole story, I think the tone of accusations can cool off a little bit.

Glad to see this one is probably going to work out fine in the end :gl:

-Allan

•••
Okay so you want me to print out the agreement sign it and e-mail it to you and you will refund my money?
Also i am sorry i had to do this but it had been very hard to contact you as i dont live in the usa so phone calls arent easy to do to get infomation.

•••
Sigrent: Yes you can just fill out the information and you are actually selling back your shares, and I assume he will return the funds via pay pal perhaps.

I am sure he is waiting for your fax so I would hope on it as soon as possible.

He needs the paperwork signed which protects him and yourself as well.

•••
Okay thank you She Unlimited would it be allright if i print the document out then sign it scan it and e-mail or does it have to be faxed?

•••
I would do both, this way your partner can have something Tangible instead of just a digital response. It would be best for you to sign it electronically and physically fax the copy to your partner as well.

This is more substantial and corporeal it gives each party a feeling of "Just" and a piece of mind.

So, I would print it, sign it, fax it then scan and e-mail it.

:blink:

•••
The only reason i stated this was i dont have a fax machine in Aus 1 in every 100 have one there not very popular.
So if i just e-mailed it would be fine?

•••
I "think" that would be ok with him, do you have an electronic fax option on our PC?

If not and if he wants both, I can give you a hand and fax it for you, but send it by e-mail first and wait for his reponse.

:tu:

•••
i hate to say this guys, we are wrongfuly accusing / angry at odditysoftware...

I doubt very much he knew sigrent was 15, though it was his responsibility to ask if he had doubts!

A chargeback of his credit card / paypal is not morally / legally correct in this case, i think odditysoftware is being generous refunding his money as sigrent didn't attend a single meeting having been told to do so.

By the way sigrent described the situation i thought he was robbed, now i see odditysoftware's point of view i can see its actually the fault of both parties but mostly sigrent. The only part odditysoftware went wrong was the age of sigrent, he should have asked.

I hope this is over soon for both parties.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back