Dynadot

Scammed

NameSilo
Watch
Scammed (Resolving)

Okay this is a long story so ill try and keep it short.
About 1 month ago i sold a name for $3k and i was looking for another business deal to invest in and i had this guy OdditySoftware on my msn who was looking for a 1/3 partner in SigRent.com which i jumped at sent the money right away.
I never heard from him until i filed a claim which then he said he had been away and he will have the site up the next day if i canceled the claim being a trust worthy guy i did.
That was 2 weeks ago and still no contact he comes to the forum every day as he has posts and shows online but he never reply's to my pm's or e-mails this has been going on 1 month and i am quite certain there isnt going to be a site.
I write this as i am looking for different options to get my money back maybe someone can get in contact with him and help me out.
Im only 15 and $1,000 usd around $1,200 Aud is quite alot of money to lose as thats around half a years work for me.
So i am asking for some help in recovering my funds.
Also i am trying to not use a credit card charge back if my parents find out i wont be able to do business online again.
Thanks for your time and hopefully you can help me out i am willing to offer $100 to who ever helps in recovering my money.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think in Sigrents case, it is normal to jump to pointing fingers or assuming when contacts and e-mails go un-answered.

I think that was the point and what worried him was not getting in contact with the person.

It looks like contact was made and I think Nampros Members try not to judge so quicly rather then to reslove and help out a situation.

Your points are clearly valid.

:p

•••
domain4u said:
i hate to say this guys, we are wrongfuly accusing / angry at odditysoftware...

I doubt very much he knew sigrent was 15, though it was his responsibility to ask if he had doubts!

A chargeback of his credit card / paypal is not morally / legally correct in this case, i think odditysoftware is being generous refunding his money as sigrent didn't attend a single meeting having been told to do so.

By the way sigrent described the situation i thought he was robbed, now i see odditysoftware's point of view i can see its actually the fault of both parties but mostly sigrent. The only part odditysoftware went wrong was the age of sigrent, he should have asked.

I hope this is over soon for both parties.

I see both sides views,But give the young man his money back,He made a mistake,He was only trying to make money.He's a 15 yr old young man for crying out loud.I made so many mistakes when i was that age it's not even funny.Whatever he has to do,Fax a paper or whatever,And give him his money back and be done with it.It's not that complicated.

•••
Wheres the "unsubscribe from this thread button", i got work to do ffs..........

This is over people..

•••
She Unlimited said:
I think in Sigrents case, it is normal to jump to pointing fingers or assuming when contacts and e-mails go un-answered.

I think that was the point and what worried him was not getting in contact with the person.

It looks like contact was made and I think Nampros Members try not to judge so quicly rather then to reslove and help out a situation.

Your points are clearly valid.

:p

There is no reason for either party to point fingers IMO,Actually they both made a mistake,One not verifiying the age,The other not understanding what he was getting into..But the solution is simple enough,Get the paper signed,Faxed,Give him his money back and it's a done deal,Over.

•••
I see both sides views,But give the young man his money back,He made a mistake,He was only trying to make money.He's a 15 yr old young man for crying out loud.I made so many mistakes when i was that age it's not even funny.Whatever he has to do,Fax a paper or whatever,And give him his money back and be done with it.It's not that complicated.

You can't say give his money back because he is 15! If he buys a game. Plays it, he doesn't like it you dont say give his money back he is 15! I know it was a higher price this time, but he should read fully before opting in, if he doesn't he should pay the price for it. It has nothing to do with age, using money brings responsibilities with it! Thats why you need to be 18 to get a credit card etc.

I can see he will get his refund in this case but for god sakes next time Read then judge to opt in or not.

•••
domain4u said:
You can't say give his money back because he is 15! If he buys a game. Plays it, he doesn't like it you dont say give his money back he is 15! I know it was a higher price this time, but he should read fully before opting in, if he doesn't he should pay the price for it. It has nothing to do with age, using money brings responsibilities with it! Thats why you need to be 18 to get a credit card etc.

I can see he will get his refund in this case but for god sakes next time Read then judge to opt in or not.

I agree somewhat,But 15 has everything to with it.This is not a playstation game,This is serious contractual agreement matter.I believe the young man has learned a valuble lesson from this.But i can see closure for both parties and that's a good thing.

But anyhow iam done posting on this thread,Best of luck to all on this matter

Last edited:
•••
I dont care how old you are, at 15 you know what your doing or at least should, you wanna play like a big boy then prepare to act like one. It seems he had an option avail. right from the start to bail out, do it...

•••
To me it seems like sigrent didnt read the contract...at all from reading all the posts in this thread.

Goodluck oddity

•••
Good luck to both parties ... and may the force be with you :)

•••
Just an update, legal requirements have been met and the issues have been resosolved, refund has been issued from payment source (Paypal)

•••
Glad to hear it has worked out.

•••
That is awesome, glad this worked out!

•••
Yes thank you OdditySoftware i thak you for such a well adress response to all this i didnt wish it would come to this but i believe you havent recieved any negative feedback towards any of your sites and i am still going to be using them.
You also may want to contact an admin RJ or Armstrong to inform them that you want the feedback to be removed that i added.
Thank you everyone for your help it is muchly appreciated and if nothing else has shown what a strong community this is and how helpfull the members and admins can be.
I know that this was my fault aswell and i have learnt alot from this so not all bad things have come from it.
Once again i thank all that helped and contributed to this thread which clocked up over 110 posts and 1,500 views.

•••
It's not your fault to expect to get a reply from someone after you;ve given them money...

you did everything right. as far as I'm concerned, if you didnt bring this to public light.. you would be regretting it.

Grats on getting your money back :)

•••
domain4u said:
You can't say give his money back because he is 15! If he buys a game. Plays it, he doesn't like it you dont say give his money back he is 15! I know it was a higher price this time, but he should read fully before opting in, if he doesn't he should pay the price for it. It has nothing to do with age, using money brings responsibilities with it! Thats why you need to be 18 to get a credit card etc. I can see he will get his refund in this case but for god sakes next time Read then judge to opt in or not.

A game is different than business, and a contract is only as good as the paper it's written on.

IMO, this case could have easily been settled had Person A openly communicated with Person B. The fact that emails and pms went unanswered raises red flags. The fact that Person A finally responeded in "legalese" raised more red flags. Isn't it funny how people are sooo nice to you when they want your money, and then sick the lawyers on you, or wrap the issue up in miles of red tape, when you want it back?

Doesn't matter who your dealing with the most important principle in buisness i think is building trust. If a client has a concern with my performance, or a question with policy, i don't just say ... you didn't read the fine print, it's your fault that your too ..{stupid, brainless, dumb, etc} to understand, or you should have done this and that, blah blah blah.

I work in a gym, and hardly anybody that signs up REALLY reads the contracts they sign. there was one clause in the contract that stated that even if they hurt themselves due to club neglegence that they wouldn't sue. Of the hundreds of people i've signed up over the years, i only had 1 person point out that clause to me....I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW IT WAS THERE! D-:

If I was Person A, which i'm not, I would have responded in "Customer Servicish", Not "Legalese". It would be a benefit to have a PR person on your team, JMO :D

Last edited:
•••
You too would read the full contract if you gym cost $1,000 fee at the exact moment you sign up! This is internet business, diffrent to normal business. If your not uptodate, and alert you simply lose out. It was his duty to read the contract before signing it. You cannot point the finger at the seller, he provided the contract! Lets just leave the matter as its been resolved. I am sure both parties don't want to bring attention to this thread.

Personally i think the seller handled the matter professionaly, maybe he could have answered the emails quicker.

•••
you would be surprised domain4u, we've got packages up to $3,000 up front....and hardly anybody reads the fine print... but i don't use that fact to keep me from keeping the clients happy.

the matter is settled, and that's fantastic.... but this is a good case study, and there is a lesson to be learned. Good customer service never hurts....

Last edited:
•••
lol, well i tell you what, i even read the terms on my monthly cinema pass card. Read the whole thing and that only costs £9.99 per month! I started reading all terms after i was ripped off buying a contract mobile phone from Phones4u :( , they sold me a phone without telling me the small print and tried to make me sign asap without giving me a chance to read the contract. Which was i Cannot change my priceplan for 6 month to lower ones, i will have to pay the whole fee if i cancell before 36 month! etc.

So i hope this is good experience for the buyer to read the t&c from now on :)

•••
Isis said:
. there was one clause in the contract that stated that even if they hurt themselves due to club neglegence that they wouldn't sue. Of the hundreds of people i've signed up over the years, i only had 1 person point out that clause to me....I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW IT WAS THERE! D-:

Could also be that people know better ;)
IOW, one can put whatever one wants into a contract, doesn't mean it will be enforcable even if it's signed in black ink under seal of the court :D

-Allan

•••
Awww, I wanted to say that, lol!

Yeah, you can't, in most instances, sign away your rights.

IAmAllanShore said:
IOW, one can put whatever one wants into a contract, doesn't mean it will be enforcable even if it's signed in black ink under seal of the court :D

-Allan

•••
wow that was a good read, sat here with my bottle of pepsi and my toffee popcorn, definately worth the read. You guys should publish that as a book, it would be a best seller! :P

•••
Interesting read.

This is a good lesson to learn...Do NOT enter into agreements with anyone under 18, especially if they are in another country! You wanted a 15 year old kid in Australia to sit in on conference calls??? I think it'd be past his bedtime unless you scheduled it for 4am CT, still his parents might catch him. heh

Oddity did the right thing. Doesn't sound like he spent any money on the site yet anyway so I doubt he is out much.

•••
Glad to see it worked out all around. I think SigRent that you should involve your parents in these decisions. As you said, $1000 is a lot of money and they will ultimately be responsible for the money. I'm sure they would find your business interest to be something that they'd want to promote, but they can also guide you in how the way of the world is and keep you from signing something you may not be ready for.

•••
•••
Ben42 said:
Interesting read.

Do NOT enter into agreements with anyone under 18, especially if they are in another country! You wanted a 15 year old kid in Australia to sit in on conference calls??? I think it'd be past his bedtime unless you scheduled it for 4am CT, still his parents might catch him. heh

Would have liked to have known the real age up front..

Even if you go by his profile it says his birthday is:

Birthday:
May 17, 1986

The point about him being 15 is not a fact, during discovery the cardholder name on the credit card account charged in question is his as well, (can you get a credit card in your name @ 15?)

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back