Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

James Rodman

Established Member
Impact
EDIT POST: not sure who the scammer is. looks like NS might be

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
1sup.png
2sup.png

•••
•••
•••
actually once i paid using credit card it takes a couple days for the seller to get the money since it goes to his bank but i got the domain before money arrived to his bank and he kept messaging me asking when money will arrive

Right, thats what I was saying. It truly was a very fast scenario when you look at the whole picture:

Jackbrown22 Creates an account at Flippa on september 1st
Same day he is vetted by Flippa
Same day he pays big bucks for a premium auction
Same day you offer him $440 for a 2k domain in PM, he closes his auction which had to have no bids
Same day Flippa Escrow tells him you paid and to release the domain
Same day he releases it and you acquire it
Same day you list it for sale here at NP

All of this is done in one day, September 1st

Takes flipping to a ......whole new level?

•••
•••
Right, thats what I was saying. It truly was a very fast scenario when you look at the whole picture:

Same day you offer him $440 for a 2k domain in PM, he closes his auction which had to have no bids

Looks like Sept 1st is a bad day for flipping.

•••

yes i flipped it on same day i think

•••
•••
Looks like Sept 1st is a bad day for flipping.

By 4:59AM EST none the less.

I would say it was a pretty good day for flipping given the uh, timelines.

•••
me and Chetan talked in private he will either get his refund from me or hopefully will get his domain back if the previous owner wasnt at fault and NS was the one who stole it so thanks everyone for your help so far

•••
domain is not stolen but awarded as part of expired auction. didn't you got that from their messages

•••
domain is not stolen but awarded as part of expired auction. didn't you got that from their messages

You think they would admit if they stole it?

•••
they clearly said that as we had not renewed it despite of all the notifications from them so they have given it to new owner

•••
me and Chetan talked in private he will either get his refund from me or hopefully will get his domain back if the previous owner wasnt at fault and NS was the one who stole it so thanks everyone for your help so far

That's cool.

Aren't you even slightly curious about the details on this jackbrown22 character? I mean, he is pretty much a ghost in the domain world - but Flippa banned him AFTER they vetted him, and after a single $440 private sale to you, which is now at the crux of things.

But then again, I am also curious to see the PM exchange with the timestamps on that private sale when you and jackbrown22 made your arrangement.

Basically, I'm calling you out - something stinks here.

•••
i think that the domain was awarded to the person who paid $1800 for it

•••
That's cool.

Aren't yu even slightly curious about the details on this jackbrown22 character? I mean, he is pretty much a ghost in the domain world - but Flippa banned him AFTER they vetted him, and after a single $440 private sale to you, which is now at the crux of things.

But then again, I am also curious to see the PM exchange with the timestamps on that private sale when you and jackbrown22 made your arrangement.

Basically, I'm calling you out - something stinks here.

i will be happy to post our convo once flippa has told me whats going on. as i said im not done as i am waiting for a flippa reply. calling me out isnt gonna do anything .....

•••
•••
how do you know that he was the owner ?
Does namejet honor expired domains in 24 hours to the auction winner? I don't have experience with them
Godaddy usually take 5-10 long days to give me the domains I bid upon

•••
i will be happy to post our convo once flippa has told me whats going on

Why would Flippa need to give you permission to post your conversation? The person is obviously a scammer, the timeline is suspect, your domains for sale have all kinds of differing whois details from all over the world and numerous contacts, you have numerous aliases there and here, you haven't posted a screenshot with a date on it....why take this heat for some scammer.

Go ahead and post the exchange. If it drags too long people may think Flippa is somehow got a hand in it.....

•••
how do you know that he was the owner ?
Does namejet honor expired domains in 24 hours to the auction winner? I don't have experience with them
Godaddy usually take 5-10 long days to give me the domains I bid upon

if it was purchased in august theres no way he bought it from someone else in that short of a time

•••
Why would Flippa need to give you permission to post your conversation? The person is obviously a scammer, the timeline is suspect, your domains for sale have all kinds of differing whois details from all over the world and numerous contacts, you have numerous aliases there and here, you haven't posted a screenshot with a date on it....why take this heat for some scammer.

Go ahead and post the exchange. If it drags too long people may think Flippa is somehow got a hand in it.....
ummm i clearly posted a screenshot that says "28 days ago" thanks for paying attention. go check all the whois on my domains they re all the same except for nyrestaurants which my friend agreed to sell for me. and i told you it was a private sale. i basically broke the law posting the price screenshot but whatever

•••
After sitting on the fence throughout I'm going to dump and run with (probably) my final post....

JackCodee has a business account, despite only being active for 2 days and making just 3 posts.

You are allowed an unlimited number of business accounts on namepros.

You can also have a personal account + 1 or more business accounts.

Am I the only one wondering who JackCodee is, and whether he is one of the two parties involved in this dispute?

Enough said.

•••
After sitting on the fence throughout I'm going to dump and run with (probably) my final post....

JackCodee has a business account, despite only being active for 2 days and making just 3 posts.

Am I the only one wondering who JackCodee is, and whether he is one of the two parties involved in this dispute?

Enough said.

no way. his location on flippa says : USA and i live in canada and he lives in india

•••
Follow the money... All those aliases will reveal the truth...

Enough said.

•••
ummm i clearly posted a screenshot that says "28 days ago" thanks for paying attention. go check all the whois on my domains they re all the same except for nyrestaurants which my friend agreed to sell for me. and you re contradicting yourself saying why would flippa allow it and then you re saying go ahead and post the convo.,.... whatt......

Correction. Flippa has no right to allow or disallow you sharing a private dialogue you had with a scammer.

Yes, we know your screenshot is from the 1st.

There are a number of things that look odd about this story, your explanations, your various aliases, your domain sales.....etc, that would readily be moot if you could verify there actually was a "jackbrown22" at Flippa - which considering you used Flippa escrow, and talked at deal about money and transfers, you could readily prove.

I find it odd someone would use Flippa escrow and a bank account tied to them for $78, if they were using stolen CC or some such

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back