NameSilo
Watch

James Rodman

Established Member
Impact
EDIT POST: not sure who the scammer is. looks like NS might be

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
chetan didnt pay me $1800 actually it was much lower than that. i bought this for $440 so i settled for a lower price $1000. you are right i probably caused this if i was the one who got scammed by that guy. i have no problm giving cheatn his refund as i said before. but is it 100% true that i got scammed and ns didnt steal it?

You are dragging this out longer than you need to, because you should be asking flippa why the seller was banned, you may find they have many of the answers for you....

The fact that the seller was banned on flippa seems to suggest that he has been doing something against the rules doesn't it. Seeing as you haven't reported him, somebody else must have, so yes.... I'd consider it likely that you were scammed.

•••
You are dragging this out longer than you need to, because you should be asking flippa why the seller was banned, you may find they have many of the answers for you....

The fact that the seller was banned on flippa seems to suggest that he has been doing something against the rules doesn't it.

yes i have emailed them with what Kevin said. waiting for reply still. yes i agree his ban is a red flag which might indicate he was the problem in this in which case i will refund chetan his money and take the loss on my side

•••
Red flag"S" Plural... Just saying.

red-flag-o.gif

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
I feel the loss for Chetan and I would be outraged if it happened to me.

Chetan held the domain for almost a month, thus I think James sold the domain in good faith and shouldn't be called a scammer. I don't see any fault with the seller as it's not the seller who reversed the transfer after getting paid. How much each party paid for the name is inconsequential to the issue. Every buyer will like to buy at the lowest possible price and every seller will like to sell at the highest possible price.

What is worrying is a registrar/entity is able to take back a name for whatever reason they deem fit. The main issue here is how can we trade with confidence in future? Even if James returned the money to Chetan in this case, the root problem / loophole exploited by scammers remains.

What's important now is as a community, we should demand answers / clarifications from the authorities / entities and demand changes.

For a start, registrars / ICANN should not extend a domain expiry by a year when it is expired. It's misleading and led to issues like this. Expired should mean expired.

Netsol should have given more support and explanation to Chetan and not merely closed the case like they did. Almost everyone here reasonable believe that the name was renewed.

This incident is like pass the parcel aka Hot Potato game.

I hope Flippa would refund the privacy add-on fee.

•••
nothing dont worry about what he said
Raindrops
Established Member, Female

But I won't worry about your gender skewed assumption this arena is exclusive to males.

As stated in my original post, I mentioned Shane because he and you have a connection with Almost Inc, and you both have a lengthy history of being tight with Flippa, Flippas generosity of Editors choice, listing freebies...etc. He made mention of "shady" practices in another thread here, so he seemed the logical choice for possible input.

But hey, I'm just a chick

•••
Raindrops

But I won't worry about your gender skewed assumption this arena is exclusive to males.

As stated in my original post, I mentioned Shane because he and you have a connection with Almost Inc, and you both have a lengthy history of being tight with Flippa, Flippas generosity of Editors choice, listing freebies...etc. He made mention of "shady" practices in another thread here, so he seemed the logical choice for possible input.

sorryabout that i should have said female. What connection do i have with almost inc never even did one deal on there with him or had a convo with him on there..... you know almost inc is shane right?..... lengthy history? i joined flippa 6 months ago what lol..... for your info i submitted probably like 100-200 names to kevin for ed choice throughtout my time there and he has rejected almost all of them except for jij.com and described.com . these arent worth ed choice?

Last edited:
•••
sorryabout that i should have said female. What connection do i have with almost inc never even did one deal on there with him or had a convo with him on there..... you know almost inc is shane right?.....

I don't know - ask Flippa. On your profile page earlier you showed being connected to Almost Inc; I think it's a new feature they have. Although since my post it has changed, so maybe it's fluid.

On Shane's two Flippa Profiles he shows the same connection:

https://flippa.com/users/952756
https://flippa.com/users/502427

But like I said, the system there may be flawed since yours changed from what it showed a few hours ago.

•••
•••
Raindrops

For the record the fact that you typed everything perfectly right with exceptional accuracy to detail I knew your gender was female.

*Disclaimer*
If ANY man/men here past/present/future what to call themselves "RainDrops" we are not here to judge you.

•••
Although I think the reason for the Shane connection on Almost inc is because Shane might be Almost Inc? It's not relevant now

https://flippa.com/users/597763

•••
•••
Why are we discussing my Flippa profile? I've had broker profiles and I'm "related" to a profile for someone I brokered a name for...

If you want to discuss my life start a new thread.

•••
Why are we discussing my Flippa profile? I've had broker profiles and I'm "related" to a profile for someone I brokered a name for...

If you want to discuss my life start a new thread.

seems like you are the most interesting man on here nowadays. you should be in one of those dos equis commercials.

•••
•••
•••
•••
refund issued to chetan. Now hopefully the scammer "Jack" is discovered and gets banned from every auction platform so noone has to go through him. and also move out all your domains from NetworkSolutions is my advice as you see what can happen.

Also apologies to Chetan for calling him the scammer and hopefully he can do the same as im not a scammer either and we can find the real culprit in this one which looks like "Jack"

Last edited:
•••
refund issued to chetan. Now hopefully the scammer "Jack" is discovered and gets banned from every auction platform so noone has to go through him. and also move out all your domains from NetworkSolutions is my advice as you see what can happen.
Right thing to do, man. Congrats and good luck getting to the bottom of it.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back