Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

James Rodman

Established Member
Impact
EDIT POST: not sure who the scammer is. looks like NS might be

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
he lost $1700 not gained lol

He didn't lose $1800 if he'd used a stolen credit card to purchase, or purchased using his own money and done a chargeback.

•••
He didn't lose $1800 if he'd used a stolen credit card to purchase, or purchased using his own money and done a chargeback.

so if he purchased using his own money how can he do chargeback and still get domain from namejet?

•••
All you have to do to initiate a chargeback is say that the transaction was unauthorised.

He didn't have to do the chargeback until after he'd disposed of the domain.

So he could have purchased for $1800, sold for $440, and THEN done a chargeback to get his $1800 back claiming that the purchase was not authorised.

•••
oh so he paid by credit card and applied for a chargeback with his bank?

•••
oh so he paid by credit card and applied for a chargeback with his bank?

Well its hypothetical of course, how do I know what has actually happened.

As far as I can see the ball is fully in your court now, have you emailed flippa like Kevin suggested?

Either of these things look to be true:

1). You have purchased a domain from flippa which was advertised as having 10 months left on registration, when it had in fact expired, meaning that you need a refund from flippa and you should refund Chetan.

Or...

2) Flippa can provide you with evidence that there were 10 months left on registration, in which case you can put the ball back in Chetan's court and he needs to get back in touch with his registrar.

You are the one that needs to take the appropriate action now by emailing flippa.... pointlessly discussing hypotheticals isn't going to move this issue forward.

•••
I brought up MYXL.com in another thread.

Mods: https://www.namepros.com/threads/bido-myxl-com-for-sale-auction.878353/#post-4998199

It was sold on Sedo at a huge loss according to namebio right after it was purchased on namejet. I was told that the buyer didn't pay...

Here is @forge explaining what happened with MYXL.com https://www.namepros.com/threads/th...iscussion-thread.358387/page-867#post-5007720

Looks like Namejet/NS repossessed a domain that wasn't paid for, or was paid for fraudulently, in both cases.
@Beezy I request you to tag Michelle on this so she will be alerted to investigate this person and possibly ban him.

•••
Well its hypothetical of course, how do I know what has actually happened.

As far as I can see the ball is fully in your court now, have you emailed flippa like Kevin suggested?

Either of these things look to be true:

1). You have purchased a domain from flippa which was advertised as having 10 months left on registration, when it had in fact expired, meaning that you need a refund from flippa and you should refund Chetan.

Or...

2) Flippa can provide you with evidence that there were 10 months left on registration, in which case you can put the ball back in Chetan's court and he needs to get back in touch with his registrar.

You are the one that needs to take the appropriate action now by emailing flippa.... pointlessly discussing hypotheticals isn't going to move this issue forward.

yes i have. waiting on a reply thank you for your input so far

•••
@Beezy I request you to tag Michelle on this so she will be alerted to investigate this person and possibly ban him.

i pmed him but he hasnt been active in so long. lets see if he replies

•••
•••
Business account... For a day and 3 post.
I wonder if there was any issues after payment or if their payment was the same here as it was on namejet,flippa etc...

he told me he didnt have paypal. probably paid using CC for flippa fees.

•••
I wonder if there was any issues after payment or if their payment was the same here as it was on namejet,flippa etc...

Maybe he went on a week long meth binge and on his comedown realised he'd spent the whole week and most of his life savings on LLL.net domains..... so tried to get his money back and when that didn't work concocted a story to his bank about getting his credit card stolen :D

•••
So what is the timeline as far as when Chetan filed the dispute?

I ask because I find it mildly curious that Chetan was still "flaunting" his ownership of lio.net as of mid-day yesterday:

Premium LLLL.net countdown 2015

•••

It's possible that owner bought the domain from the same character that sold this one, and the user has no clue about any of this.

Things happen fast, that's for sure. As an example:

Jackbrown22 registered at Flippa on Sept. 1st, listed a premium auction for lio.net, went to a private sale, Danny Ort/James Rodman bought it, received the domain, and then offered it for sale here at 4:59AM EST the same day.

Really quick movement.

•••

Well apparently this person isn't accustomed to telling the truth. Perhaps the mods here can verify the payment method for this account and work with Kevin at flippa to see if criminal charges should be filed against this individual. I'm sure you don't want this to happen to anyone else right?

•••
... see if criminal charges should be filed against this individual.
Unless this guy has a pattern of doing this with 10s of thousands of dollars, it'll never happen. $440 is isn't felony neighborhood and law enforcement don't give a care about internet crime.

•••
•••
Unless this guy has a pattern of doing this with 10s of thousands of dollars, it'll never happen. $440 is isn't felony neighborhood. And law enforcement don't give a care about internet crime.

I think you missed the post @Raindrops just posted with specific details.
This was a well orchestrated scam and not Newb move. Look at the timeline and method used to pull this off. This was NOT their first time.

•••
So what is the timeline as far as when Chetan filed the dispute?

I ask because I find it mildly curious that Chetan was still "flaunting" his ownership of lio.net as of mid-day yesterday:

Premium LLLL.net countdown 2015
I was unaware that i lost it , until 6 hours back from now

•••
I never received any email from those Net sol people

•••
I think you missed the post @Raindrops just posted with specific details.
This was a well orchestrated scam and not Newb move. Look at the timeline and method used to pull this off. This was NOT their first time.

i checked another domains whois he might have pulled this with myxl.com that one says it expires in 2017 on enom and was also bought on Namejet. so its either him or NS hopefully we will find out

•••
i checked another domains whois he might have pulled this with myxl.com that one says it expires in 2017 on enom and was also bought on Namejet. so its either him or NS hopefully we will find out

Did you notice the bidding pattern on that domain that someone kinda posted earlier for us?

•••
Did you notice the bidding pattern on that domain that someone kinda posted earlier for us?

which one? myxl? i never participated in that auction i just saw it on namebio.com

•••

So with no paypal, I assume Flippa escrow was involved?

That makes the timeline of the guy showing up on Flippa on the 1st of September, listing a premium auction, selling it privately prior to any bids, Flippa letting him know you paid, him transferring the domain, and you offering it for sale here by 4:59AM EST.

https://www.namepros.com/threads/lio-net-18-years-old.877375/

Wow, Flippa is crazy fast

•••

That makes the timeline of the guy showing up on Flippa on the 1st of September, listing a premium auction, selling it privately prior to any bids, Flippa letting him know you paid, him transferring the domain, and you offering it for sale here by 4:59AM EST.

THANK YOU!

•••

actually once i paid using credit card it takes a couple days for the seller to get the money since it goes to his bank but i got the domain before money arrived to his bank and he kept messaging me asking when money will arrive

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back