Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

James Rodman

Established Member
Impact
EDIT POST: not sure who the scammer is. looks like NS might be

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
New Ventures LLC have stolen your domain, James Rodman hasn't scammed you.

I can't be bothered to explain in depth, I'll only tell you that google is your friend....

Here's some information on 'New Ventures'

http://dotweekly.com/new-ventures-services-corp-who-are-they/

They have a long history of taking domains from accounts before the expiry date, and have some sort of close relationship with Network Solutions.

I've seen this exact same stuff before, which is why I'd never use Network Solutions as a registrar.

•••
Hello to all :)

I am getting the feeling there were some raised annoyance at the start of the thread and hope we can now all discuss this in an adult un cussing way :)

I would like to point out that asking for paypal fees is against the rules in the first place so this should not have been requested that said this did not have any impact on what is happening now.

I may be wrong but I hope that neither member is a scammer and there is another reason for this misunderstanding

Michelle

•••
refund issued to chetan. Now hopefully the scammer "Jack" is discovered and gets banned from every auction platform so noone has to go through him. and also move out all your domains from NetworkSolutions is my advice as you see what can happen.

Also apologies to Chetan for calling him the scammer and hopefully he can do the same as im not a scammer either and we can find the real culprit in this one which looks like "Jack"

Last edited:
•••
This is very sad..... both you guys are established members on here.

It shouldn't have to come to this... obviously there's something wrong with the deal who ever's at fault fix it and move on there's no need to try and pull a fast one, if you want to continue doing business on namepros. i'm not choosing sides i'm just saying fix the issue and do business properly i dont know whos at fault but you guys should work this out and avoid the nonsense.

•••
I've done business with both chetan and james rodman and felt no obscure scammer energy from either member.

I believe it was an illusion that the seller did something malicious.
It is understandable it may have been interpreted as such at first realization the domain was stolen.
The name clearly seems to have been stolen by someone unrelated to the buyer or the seller.

•••
Another funny thread here on NP....
I said, he said, we all said.

•••
Are we sure it isn't Network Solutions doing the scamming here?

I've read things about that company before, and wouldn't touch them with a barge pole.

To be more specific, I've read things about them stealing domains.

I think people need to remain diplomatic here until all facts are presented. It may be that neither party has intended to scam the other.

It could even be a technical problem.

•••
and why the hell are you on here with a fake name? a lot of asians come here with fake western names because they think it increases sales. guess what, it only takes away your credibility
tumblr_nn49fkyFgi1rnzz12o1_400.gif

•••
•••
Amazing to see crowdsourced fact finding in action....

•••
yes i have emailed them with what Kevin said. waiting for reply still. yes i agree his ban is a red flag which might indicate he was the problem in this in which case i will refund chetan his money and take the loss on my side

refund issued to chetan. Now hopefully the scammer "Jack" is discovered and gets banned from every auction platform so noone has to go through him. and also move out all your domains from NetworkSolutions is my advice as you see what can happen.

Also apologies to Chetan for calling him the scammer and hopefully he can do the same as im not a scammer either and we can find the real culprit in this one which looks like "Jack"

Thanks for the Refund.
Apologies for calling you scammer. there was a bit of misunderstanding and now things are much clear.
You are a Great Guy James and definitely I will be happy doing business with you in near future

•••
Also cannot agree with the cuss words you are using against him repeatedly in a platform like this without any proofs. .
That's right, you should only use cuss words when you have proof!

I think we are discussing and assuming to much here. Both sides must be heard first before jumping to conclusions.
He has had plenty of opportunity to present his side. he could explain without compromising anything. I say "get a rope".

you're both not geniuses lol....

and why the hell are you on here with a fake name? a lot of asians come here with fake western names because they think it increases sales. guess what, it only takes away your credibility
And so your name is Winfluence? Maybe focus more on your grammar before calling anyone out for being smart enough to not use their real name. Genius.

•••
i tried this already. he keeps calling me a scammer and saying i will get banned from everywhere without explanation.....

idk why you guys cant resolve this but as a seller if there's ever a issue i always go above and beyond to fix things even if i have to loose a little or sweeten up the deal i like to keep my buyers happy so i can do more business with them

•••
Some illuminati member must be involved in this NS scam :) That is why ICANN is doing nothing! Registrars like 1&1 and NS should have been kicked out of the industry long back.

•••
according to namebio

LIO.NET last sold for $1,800 on 2015-08-29 at NameJet

so the domain expired in july, james bought it at namejet on august 29th and then sold it here. there is no reason in the world why it would be expired. when you buy a domain from namejet another year is automatically added. chetan needs to start threatening the hell out of networksolutions. they clearly just took the domain when they had no legitimate reason to. the only other possible longshot reason would be if james charged back the namejet charge of $1800 but that seems unlikely.

•••
I feel the loss for Chetan and I would be outraged if it happened to me.

Chetan held the domain for almost a month, thus I think James sold the domain in good faith and shouldn't be called a scammer. I don't see any fault with the seller as it's not the seller who reversed the transfer after getting paid. How much each party paid for the name is inconsequential to the issue. Every buyer will like to buy at the lowest possible price and every seller will like to sell at the highest possible price.

What is worrying is a registrar/entity is able to take back a name for whatever reason they deem fit. The main issue here is how can we trade with confidence in future? Even if James returned the money to Chetan in this case, the root problem / loophole exploited by scammers remains.

What's important now is as a community, we should demand answers / clarifications from the authorities / entities and demand changes.

For a start, registrars / ICANN should not extend a domain expiry by a year when it is expired. It's misleading and led to issues like this. Expired should mean expired.

Netsol should have given more support and explanation to Chetan and not merely closed the case like they did. Almost everyone here reasonable believe that the name was renewed.

This incident is like pass the parcel aka Hot Potato game.

I hope Flippa would refund the privacy add-on fee.

•••
EDIT POST: not sure who the scammer is. looks like NS might be

I've learn 2 things in 2013.

1.Stay away from NetworkSolutions (even for free and cheap domains!)
2.Stay away from 1and1 (even for free and cheap hosting and domains!)

Total loss of $250 :)

But you can find worst stories on google ;)

•••
Please remember that name calling is not allowed.

Both parties may communicate their side intelligently and respectfully. Failure to do so will result in offending posts being removed and infractions added to their account. Repeated infractions will lead to a closed NamePros account.

Please review our Expectations for Respect and Constructiveness

•••
Alright, so here's what (most probably) happened:

First of all, I sense no member is scammer here. It's the expiration process that needs to be understood well. The biggest thing that I have observed (yet not found anywhere documented ever) is that all domains get automatically renewed/extended for one year upon expiration

The biggest flaw: People assume that any domain that is expired (let's say on July 27th 2015) would show an expiry of 2015 and will then drop. What ICANN does though, that they have this system in place that instructs registrars to pay the renewal fee and renew the domain for one more year - just that the "Status" if the domain will be changed from "OK" to a custom one indicating it's expired. This gives them the liberty to hold (or auction) it for 0 to 45 days. Now if they still decide to drop the name (no auction won), ICANN refunds them the renewal fee. So it's a vicious cycle. I have observed this process but ironically, never found it written anywhere.

This particular Transation: Now getting back to this particular transaction. So the domain name was set to expire on 27th July. Network solutions has the renewal grace period of 36 Days during which one can (or should be able to) renew the domain. If not, then they put it for auction through their auction partner which is no surprise, is Namejet.

Dates: "williamson21" won this domain through namejet on 28th August (Presumably, James Rodman). Now this is where it gets tricky. Namejet has two types of auctions with them: He either bought it from the pre-release auction, or a from direct (private seller) auction. If he bought it from the Pre-release, the domain should have been auto-renewed. However if he bought it directly, the name may or many not be renewed (But keep in mind, it would still show the expiration date of 2016) and after pushed it to Chetan's account.

Few things to note: The entities "New Venture" and other such un-related ones, are associated with Namejet and their auction platform. Also, I'm ruling out the "direct transfer" sale at Sedo as that is the only loose end remaining because if an active listing, Sedo has the power to directly pull the domain from your account and put it into the buyers if part of their SS network.

Ok, so what can be done now? Network solution goes by their policies, they would ask for a feeo f $299 in order to redeem a domain that was in a customer's account. So the party may need to contact network solutions, ask/pressurize them to restore the domain, and maybe pay $299 for the same.

Further information can be extracted from Netsol's official policy page about expired/deleting domains: http://www.networksolutions.com/support/domain-deletion-policy/

•••
was old account. this is my permanent one now
You need to discuss this with myself and management in pm
I will send you a pm please respond asap

•••
Ohh.... I thought that she was going to mediate in solving the issue
We are here watching and will help if we can where we can .. always :)

•••
•••
Right thing to do, man. Congrats and good luck getting to the bottom of it.

•••
Although the issue seems to be resolved on surface, I would still request from the second party (Chetan) to poke Network Solutions and not let them get away this easily. If there was a chargeback, they should clearly mention it. What they are mentioning, is no chargeback but just that the domain was never renewed. In this case just a simple question: "How the hell domain got pushed to another netsol account(s) if it was expired as netsol doesn't allow the push of any domain even after just 1 day of expiry?"

Chetan, you should either call them as they suggested. If you can't call, re-open the support ticket and demand them they clarify this issue via the support ticket itself as you are unable to make a call.

•••
I am sure that it will become "Popular This Week" thread or even "Popular This Month".

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back