IT.COM

Scam email - Reply to @legislator.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

NickB

it's a mysteryTop Member
Impact
This spam email landed in my junk today and the thing that caught my was that they wanted you to email back to jouronovaelena@legislator.com

It is a great domain name and is currently parked, how would this work in practical terms I wouldn't think they own the domain name so how does the email get them if someone replies?

Does anyone on here own the domain, if so I hope it gives them a heads up it is being or trying to be used for scam purposes.

The address they have used is the US Embassy in London, the phone number is the Canadian Embassy and Sir James Ratcliffe is the CEO of Ineos - talk about a mixed bag of fraudulent credentials :xf.confused:

email in full below:

SENT FROM: Michael Cheshire <[email protected]>

"Dear my Good friend,

I am using this opportunity to thank you for your great effort to our unfinished transfer of fund into your account due to one reason or the other best known to you. But I want to inform you that I have successfully transferred the Funds out of the country to someone else who was capable of assisting me in this great venture. Due to your effort, sincerity, courage and trust worthiness you showed at the course of the transaction I want to compensate you and show my gratitude to you with the sum of $800,000.00 (EIGTH HUNDRED THOUSAND UNITED STATES DOLLARS) I have authorized the finance house where I deposited my money to issue you international certified bank draft cashable at your bank.
The name and contact address of the Person with it is Ms. Elena Jouronova is as follows:

CONTACT AGENT Ms. Elena Jouronova

EMAIL: [email protected]

Telephone number: (+44) 20 7004 6000

Address: 33 Nine Elms Ln, Nine Elms, London SW11 7US, United Kingdom

At the moment, I am very busy here because of the investment projects which myself and my new partner are having at hand. Finally, remember that I have forwarded instruction to the finance house on your behalf to send the bank draft to you as soon as you contact them without delay. Please I will like you to accept this token with good faith as this is from the bottom of my heart. Contact Ms. Elena Jouronova now.

Best Regards,
Sir James Ratcliffe
NC 27609

There is also a scam alert where they were using the domain @consultant.com as a reply email
https://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&p=391420

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
Yes, I didn't know it either, I just googled "email legislator.com" and saw the connection with mail.com.

More believable scams could be more successful to people that notice domains by using these addresses. Mail.com seems to offer some great domains for this like dr.com and engineer.com.

•••
Dear my Good friend

Smells like all those Nigerian scams.

•••
Mail.com has a great domain portfolio. They are owned by United Internet, a German company that also owns 1&1 IONOS and some ISPs in the German region.

•••
Wow...if I were an engineer, I'd love certainly rent an email @engineer.com Same if I were a Dr. @dr.com would be memoriable. Good for them to think of grabbing those names. Good thing that scam was so poorly written and obvious! The TLD was impressive to say the least. Glad you researched that Kostas. :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back