NameSilo

New GoDaddy Scam?

Located in Reviews, started by Volontier, Sep 20, 2020

Replies:
Views:

1. Rory Ivey

Rory Ivey Top Contributor VIP

Just got this email from Godaddy 5 minutes ago:

"Hello! We saw your name listed for sale. We can offer a good price in five figure range. How do you want to get paid: Paypal, Bitcoin or wire? E. Rosenberg, Ph.D. Haifa Israel Galcomm Co."

Because, of all the scams i responded a bit firm, but not rude. I revisted the email and started to wonder if it could be real..seeing the israel location of the email via Whois. But it was registered on sepetember 19th.
    I was concerned if my response was rude.

So it's a sigh of relief to see this is a confirmed scammer.

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. Joe Styler

Joe Styler Aftermarket Product Manager GoDaddy Staff Afternic Staff PRO VIP

Yes they do that is what phishing emails do, pretend to be people that they are not.

3. Joe Styler

Joe Styler Aftermarket Product Manager GoDaddy Staff Afternic Staff PRO VIP

The email we send is required from ICANN that we forward to the domain owner. However there is a big disclaimer saying we have to send it and we are not endorsing it, it may be a scam. The correct language was included in this thread above already from @PolTaj .
    Knowing that there are bad actors trying to take advantage of this I would be extra careful and remember the old adage if it seems too good to be true it probably is.

4. CraigD

CraigD 360promo.com VIP

Received same email from e.rosenberg (at) galcomm-il.info.

WHOIS shows that GALCOMM-IL.INFO was registered at Godaddy on 2020-09-19

As @Joe Styler has pointed out, GD are required to forward these emails.

What I find interesting is the number of NP members who have been targeted by this email.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2020
  5. xynames

xynames XYNames.com PRO VIP

Change the title to make clear it’s a Spoof of a GoDiddy email that you’re receiving.

6. DomainRecap

DomainRecap Top Contributor VIP

I just got my first scam email, naturally from a GoDaddy domain I had recently listed for sale:

7. rogerwu99

rogerwu99 New Member

Got the same email from E. Pressler

Hello! Greetings! Your name has been listed for sale. We can offer a good price in five figure range to secure it. Our payment methods: Escrow, Paypal, Bitcoin and wire. E. Pressler, Ph.D. Haifa, Israel Galcomm Co.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags:
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice