NameSilo

Scam Alert

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

johnn

WeSellName.comTop Member
Impact
I realize that this is a sale forum but think it would help seller to avoid this crook:

He would send you email to make generous offers on high-end names like 2/3 letter names then pay by paypal or asks you to list on Afternic and pay with stolen credit cards:

Sitepoint forum name: invisiblez

Afternic: mrmark

Paypal: marc @ wantedboy.com

Emails: marc@ wantedboy.com & invisible @ wantedboy.com

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Thanks for the head-up!

Not that I own anything that exciting in the first place! But I'll keep my eyes open

•••
I saw he is already over DNF so sooner or later he will get here.

•••
On that topic, watch out for anyone named karlamich, rock####, or anyone from nigeria.

•••
"wantedboy" - Too perfect. Ha! Thanks for the warning Johnn.

There was another guy at sitepoint a couple days ago named "WhatAnAssWhole" trying to sell a couple great .US domains (Gas.us and Boat.us). He didn't own either of them. I'm still perplexed as to why they didn't ban him immediately after he was exposed.

•••
This crook is serious one because he only deal with 1K or more names.

•••
Thanks Johnn,

Can Admins make this post as "sticky thread" please

•••
Estrange said:
Thanks Johnn,

Can Admins make this post as "sticky thread" please

Better yet, why not make a ***SCAM ALERT***" forum category so that we can post stuff like this in one location. I haven't been scammed yet (thank God) but it could happen to any of us.

Just an idea... What do y'all think?

•••
Breaking News!!!!

This guy bought over 30 high-end names.

I can't reveal the source where he bought the names from because we're still in the investigation phase.​

•••
Wow. In fact I got an XXXX offer for one of my domains at AfterNIC, by this guy called MrMark. I let it slip because I am expecting a higher figure. Thanks for the heads up, although I will go read other forums for more details.

johnn said:
I realize that this is a sale forum but think it would help seller to avoid this crook:

He would send you email to make generous offers on high-end names like 2/3 letter names then pay by paypal or asks you to list on Afternic and pay with stolen credit cards:

Sitepoint forum name: invisiblez
Afternic: mrmark
Paypal: marc @ wantedboy.com
Emails: marc@ wantedboy.com & invisible @ wantedboy.com

•••
wow!~!

thanx for heads up

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back