Dynadot

[Scam] Has Anyone received an offer from Christophe or Eduard Lindemann ?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

abdou01

Top Member
Impact
Last week, a friend received an offer for one of his domains listed on Flippa, from user "Christophe", my friend told me about this interesting offer which was 35k above the minimum offer (85K while the minimum offer was 50k), this was a red flag for me and I told my friend that this would be a scam operation, he didn't want to believe me and said that Christophe told him to choose how to complete the transaction so as the choice of the platform is my friend decision, he said that it's a serious transaction.
So he chose Escrow.com and initiated the transaction.
2d Red flag: Christophe asked my friend to call "his partner" Eduard Lindemann in order to complete the transaction => communicate outside Flippa !
3d Red Flag: Eduard told my friend through Whatsapp that due to financial audit and business inspection he was not able to use the bank account and therefore it will be problematic for them to use Escrow.com and suggest to pay in Cryptocurrencies instead !
At this point even my friend starts having doubts about the transaction, and as I work in Cybersecurity he stats forwarding all the Whatsapp discussion to me :)
I discovered another Red Flag (4): the domain used for the email (Lindemann.bio) was created just 3 or 4 months before for a supposed "established" company in Germany !!!
Anyway, I asked my friend to continue in this game in order to understand how this scam will end :)
So he sent Eduard his BTC address, but Eduard replied that due to balance withdrawal limits in the BTC platform they are using, they were not able to increase the limit until the 24th August ! so they asked my friend to open an account in this platform bit-p2p.com and there they can send the payment without any problem !!
But bit-p2p.com is not a secure/known platform, and the domain was created 3 month before on Namecheap like lindemann.bio :) so I told my friend to stop and alert @FlippaDomains

I would like to know if anyone of NP members has received a similar offer? I think this scam method could work against beginners, because the scamers use legit services like Docusign to send the contract and sign documents, and wait 2 or 3 days before asking you new things :) +they are using a signature in their emails that match a real Company in Germany ...

I know that this would be obvious for experienced domainers but I preferred to post this scam attempt here in order to help newbies.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Last week, a friend received an offer for one of his domains listed on Flippa, from user "Christophe", my friend told me about this interesting offer which was 35k above the minimum offer (85K while the minimum offer was 50k), this was a red flag for me and I told my friend that this would be a scam operation, he didn't want to believe me and said that Christophe told him to choose how to complete the transaction so as the choice of the platform is my friend decision, he said that it's a serious transaction.
2d Red flag: Christophe asked my friend to call "his partner" Eduard Lindemann in order to complete the transaction => communicate outside Flippa !
3d Red Flag: Eduard told my friend through Whatsapp that due to financial audit and business inspection he was not able to use the bank account and therefore it will be problematic for them to use Escrow.com and suggest to pay in Cryptocurrencies instead !
At this point even my friend starts having doubts about the transaction, and as I work in Cybersecurity he stats forwarding all the Whatsapp discussion to me :)
I discovered another Red Flag (4): the domain used for the email (Lindemann.bio) was created just 3 or 4 months before for a supposed "established" company in Germany !!!
Anyway, I asked my friend to continue in this game in order to understand how this scam will end :)
So he sent Eduard his BTC address, but Eduard replied that due to balance withdrawal limits in the BTC platform they are using, they were not able to increase the limit until the 24th August ! so they asked my friend to open an account in this platform bit-p2p.com and there they can send the payment without any problem !!
But bit-p2p.com is not a secure/known platform, and the domain was created 3 month before on Namecheap like lindemann.bio :) so I told my friend to stop and alert @FlippaDomains

I would like to know if anyone of NP members has received a similar offer? I think this scam method could work against beginners, because the scamers use legit services like Docusign to send the contract and sign documents, and wait 2 or 3 days before asking you new things :) +they are using a signature in their emails that match a real Company in Germany ...

I know that this would be obvious for experienced domainers but I preferred to post this scam attempt here in order to help newbies.
I have seen some variations of this.

It normally ends with some cryptocurrency scam after the "buyer" makes a bunch of excuses about why they can't use legitimate venues.

If it works, it is mainly because greed overrides rational thinking.

As you mentioned, there are red flags all over the place.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
ScamPros.jpg

•••
•••
Maybe his partner is a Nigerian prince who has money for you. Get your social security card ready for him

•••
Just tell him you have an easy solution to his banking issues. He can fly over and visit you with a suitcase full of cash. :xf.grin:

•••
Hi there.

Yes, this is a common scam done all over the internet.

The first I've seen was for scamming digital items, such as skins on CS:GO.

The scam always involves convincing the victim to join a certain crypto website, which the attackers have access to.
Then, they will complete the transaction visually on the fake website (so you think that you got the crypto on your wallet), and they will request the domain transfer.

Be careful :)

•••

The same happened to me and since 2 weeks Bit-p2p is "in maintenance"

They seem pretty organized.

•••
Tried the same thing with me but I said "I have absolutely no interest in selling my domains via any other means than what was told to you. I don't even entertain those ideas. Have a great day. Response was "Noted with Thanks."

•••
Hehe they seem to be pretty active..

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back