IT.COM

Sav Official Thread

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Nick R

VIP Member
Sav.com Staff
Impact
Hello NamePros community! We are creating a single thread where we can share announcements in, talk about product updates, people can ask questions and host a great discussion on all things domains!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Have you approved the transfer in SAV?

•••
Where on Sav? Do you mean on their website? All the registrars send email to approve a transfer, right?

Last edited:
•••
Yes they should have sent you an email.
Have you unlocked the domain first?
Check the page of the domain you want to transfer. In Domain Details appears the option to approve or reject a transfer.

•••
Indeed. I had to accept it on the Sav website, other companies simply send you an emal. Thanks!

Last edited:
•••
•••
Unable to search and register names...

Getting Error: undefined on both mobile and laptop

•••
anyone know new com prices on sav from sept1? @Nick R

Last edited:
•••
It seems the last system update was actually a downgrade. Every critical part is getting broken.

I bet the back-end team have never heard of unit test.

•••
I see in backorders that some domains display 9.14$ renewal, is this the new renewal price for com domains?

I think Verisign must take in consideration that now we have to pay allot more in our local currency to buy one USD, therefore the prices should be more affordable in general. IMO

•••
I see in backorders that some domains display 9.14$ renewal, is this the new renewal price for com domains?

Verisign's price is $8.97 + $0.18 ICANN fee = $9.15 - that's what sav will be paying, we'll see what they will be charging. Would be nice to know beforehand, though...

Last edited:
•••
@Nick R

can offer previous price ???
.xyz renewal/transfer ( $8.49 )

•••
so looks sav up 50 cents all across for com

•••
Unable to search and register names...

Getting Error: undefined on both mobile and laptop
It still happening....

I have to register dozens of names...due to your site giving troubles i am forced to go to other registrars.

I was able to renew a name without any error...just the search of available names is giving error...and hence couldn't buy anything!!

Appreciate if you can check where is the problem...

•••
@Nick R
I really don't understand why don't you inform us about the price changes.
That would be very beneficial for you.
If we new in advance, that you would increase .xyz renewal from $8.49 to $9.88, thousand of names would have been renewed...
Personally I would renew and transfer to you more than 200 names.

Also please do something about namerserver changes.
For months now, it remains completely random if and when it works...

•••
I late renewed a domain of mine and now I saw it s already in expired auctions.
Someone has placed a bid already.
What happens in that case?

•••
Hello @Nick R , would it be possible for your customer service to be quicker in replying regarding transfers to sav that do not not start?

•••
Hello @Nick R
Please tell to SAV developers to add a way to send feedback from any SAV page, I would like to report some small issues without opening a ticket.
The current issue is that when I add a domain to Backorder it does not add to the BO list, must add it a second time so it will appear on the list, this issue appeared after recent upgrade of the SAV website.

•••
@vravis9 - We have seen some specific overseas ISPs being used to try to scrape Sav so we have added extra scrutiny to that traffic. Just reach out to our support team with your IP address and we can lift the extra security checks for your IP.

@kor - I would be happy to take a look into any issue you are seeing. Please DM the details.

Price Changes - One thing we will be doing in the coming months is making a page that shows that upcoming price changes are scheduled. No ETA as of yet but it is in the plans!

@Traderas - You will need to place a bid in that auction as well if you want to get the domain back. This is why we recommend leaving auto-renewal on domain names.

@etruscan - If you want to DM me the details, I would be happy to take a look.

@iTesa - There is a widget in the bottom right corner that lets you rate Sav and share any feedback. We do read that and reach back out to whomever we can. Feel free to DM me anytime too.

•••
@vravis9 - We have seen some specific overseas ISPs being used to try to scrape Sav so we have added extra scrutiny to that traffic. Just reach out to our support team with your IP address and we can lift the extra security checks for your IP.

@kor - I would be happy to take a look into any issue you are seeing. Please DM the details.

Price Changes - One thing we will be doing in the coming months is making a page that shows that upcoming price changes are scheduled. No ETA as of yet but it is in the plans!

@Traderas - You will need to place a bid in that auction as well if you want to get the domain back. This is why we recommend leaving auto-renewal on domain names.

@etruscan - If you want to DM me the details, I would be happy to take a look.

@iTesa - There is a widget in the bottom right corner that lets you rate Sav and share any feedback. We do read that and reach back out to whomever we can. Feel free to DM me anytime too.

So if I understand correctly you have the right to take the domain from me within the 30 days after expiration?
Isn’t 30 days Grace Period mandatory according to ICAN?

Last edited:
•••
So if I understand correctly you have the right to take the domain from me within the 30 days after expiration?
Isn’t 30 days Grace Period mandatory according to ICAN?

According to ICANN a grace period after expiration is actually not required at all. We start expiring auctions for domains exactly 30 days after they expire.

•••
Last edited:
•••
Hi, I have an available balance from a sale, and I wish to use it as a credit to purchase/renew my domains instead of cashing it out.

If this feature isn't available at the moment, I'd appreciate it if you considered implementing it in the near future. Thank you!

•••
just check, dot .com new registration price $8.88 @Sav.com :xf.rolleyes:

•••
Hi, I have an available balance from a sale, and I wish to use it as a credit to purchase/renew my domains instead of cashing it out.

If this feature isn't available at the moment, I'd appreciate it if you considered implementing it in the near future. Thank you!

They claim to do it for about a year.

Their understanding of the near future is probably 10 years or so.

•••
Hello @Nick R

What's about the cryptopayments as a payment method for SAV site? It would be awesome!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back