IT.COM

Sav Official Thread

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Nick R

VIP Member
Sav.com Staff
Impact
Hello NamePros community! We are creating a single thread where we can share announcements in, talk about product updates, people can ask questions and host a great discussion on all things domains!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@Anton Naydenov - I just checked and see an alert to our Ops team about that as well from about 30 mins ago. We are looking into it now. Thanks for the heads up!

•••
i.ibb.co/ftW4kR1/Screenshot-2021-12-18-at-03-03-57-Login.png

•••
Alert about Emails: We are aware that Sav's ability to send emails is current not working. We have a fix in place and should be able to send emails in the next few hours.

•••
@Primary Names By the way what do you have against registry premium names? Yes, renewal fees are higher, but also the quality of such names is usually much higher, and chances to sell at good retail prices are also much higher. I personally prefer to renew one high-value name rather than keep renewing 100 shitty names that will never sell for the same money. Instead of keeping track on a large low-quality portfolio you can keep track on fewer, but much better names. Ofc it’s matter of calculations and budget. But not bidding on names only because their renewal fees are higher is to say at least stupid, and bad planning.

Yesterday I received an offer on Twitter to trade in my premium tips.xyz for a long list of other lower quality .xyz names. I explained the same to the guy who made the offer. Why should I renew his shitty long list next year, instead of just renew my name? Let’s say he had 100 names in his list - their renewal fees will be $8.50 each, which means $850 to keep them alive for another year. Even if 1 or 2 of them happen to sell I will get what - $2000? $2500$ Why should I invest $850 for such low ROI? When I can renew tips.xyz and try to sell for 5 figures? Also premium names come with some liquidation value, which means you can always sell them at reseller prices if you need some urgent cash. At the same time good luck liquidating blablablablabla.xyz - if it has zero liquidation value. So I prefer to have 1 name that everybody wants, rather than 100 names that nobody wants. Hopefully you understand what I mean.

Last edited:
•••
Alert about Emails: We are aware that Sav's ability to send emails is current not working. We have a fix in place and should be able to send emails in the next few hours.
Still not receiving SAV emails. Is there an estimated time on when this will get fixed? I cannot verify my account, or take off the Two-Factor Authentication.

•••
@Nick R

Please assist - the verification emails for OTP can't be sent. The error code is as follows:

Error executing "SendEmail" on "https://email.us-east-1.amazonaws.com"; AWS HTTP error: Client error: `POST https://email.us-east-1.amazonaws.com` resulted in a `400 Bad Request` response: Sender MessageReje (truncated...) MessageRejected (client): Sending paused for this account. For more information, please check the inbox of the email address associated with your AWS account. - Sender MessageRejected Sending paused for this account. For more information, please check the inbox of the email address associated with your AWS account. e8e12357-d5ff-4bca-ae42-1ef561601f22 Resend Code

Thank you.

•••
You need to fix the issue urgently, as it has huge impact on sales. Or just pause all aucions. Das.xyz sold for only $536 USD, so I can imagine how the seller is not very happy at the moment. They probably paid more for the name than they got in the auction. And problem is not that nobody wanted the name. I am sure there were people who couldn’t even log in to place bids, and the ones who managed to log in missed it, because they didn’t get notified about new bids. The problem with e-mails is very very serious, @Nick R. Just saying.

Last edited:
•••
Am I the only one who thinks that the site has been under an intense attack for the past few weeks, and especially past few days? I don’t know whether the attack is led by revengeful buyers/sellers, hackers, robots, Sav competitors, but what’s happening is definitely not normal. @Nick R I really think you should pause or stop all auctions.

•••
@Nick R

What's up with the Afternic fast transfer requests I get a couple of times a week? The domain isn't even listed on Afternic, not by me, not by anyone else.

It's gotten annoying to the point where all email from sav is now redirected to spam.

•••
Thanks for your post that is definitely not cool I was about to switch from Dan because of the 9% but I just sold a domain and had the money in my account within like 3 day through PayPal from when I pushed and time is money.

@quakes We would recommend reaching out to a local tax professional who can give you advice for your specific situation.
I got 1989$ as highest bid for my domain trek.xyz yesterday.
But buyer did not pay yet.
also trek.xyz is in my dashboard.
no fund added/.

strange.

I know buyer has two days to pay & than the auction starts again.

Will it be? But why i see the domain in my dashboard than? please confirm me.

Thansk

Last edited:
•••
I got 1989$ as highest bid for my domain trek.xyz yesterday.
But buyer did not pay yet.
also trek.xyz is in my dashboard.
no fund added/.

strange.

I know buyer has two days to pay & than the auction starts again.

Will it be? But why i see the domain in my dashboard than? please confirm me.

Thansk

Hmm was the buyer is "j_x_942e4f" ?

This guy is all over Sav auctions and his proxy bid is above $10k.

for example, look at this auction

https://www.sav.com/auctions/details/575775/wireless.xyz

The user "j_x_942e4f" started bidding from $500 and has a proxy bid of above $10,000... the same pattern can be seen from many auctions he is participating....

When you filter auctions with "current bid" you will find him ( j_x_942e4f ) in every auction (25 auctions in a single page) and he is the top bidder. He has a proxy bid and I am guessing its above $10k..

Two days ago work.xyz highest bid was $22,100 and the buyer was "j_r_6dd3ac"

https://www.sav.com/auctions/details/572093/work.xyz

There is no report on Namebio about this auction and I am not sure he paid for it... but he is actively participating in other auctions.

If Sav (@Nick R) actively look at auctions and temporarily ban users who look suspicious.

Anyone can participate in an auction just with one transaction and this is why it's so easy for these shill bidders to come back.

One suggestion I would like to share and for "customer auctions"

1) Sav should force users to credit $100 and then only they can participate in any auction. This $100 should also be refundable whenever he wants, but refunds should not pass if he is participating in any auction. if they fail to purchase on any auction then they can say goodbye to $100..

2) Sav should actively look at auctions and filter out users who are participating in multiple auctions and look suspicious.

3) Please remove the 2nd chance when a user fails to pay the first time. The user should not be able to participate in other auctions when he had fail to pay for a won auction.

Here are the user IDs I think are shill bidders and looks like the damage has already been done on most of the auctions.

j_x_942e4f
o_m_475d20
j_r_6dd3ac

Last edited:
•••
I have many domains in auction
Work.xyz .. and more, and unfortunately most of them do not pay the buyer

•••
I have many domains in auction
Work.xyz .. and more, and unfortunately most of them do not pay the buyer

What happened with the "Work.xyz" I saw it got sold at $22,100 and I can also see the buyer who won the auction for work.xyz is also participating on other auctions... how is this possible? This user j_r_6dd3ac should be banned instead he is happily participating on other auctions?

I see work.xyz is relisted... sad :(

•••
@Nick R - Can you please shed some light on the user "j_x_942e4f" - I am he sure won quite a lot of auctions in the last 2 days and I couldn't find any sales on Namebio...

Can you please also explain why this user is not banned " j_r_6dd3ac" he failed to pay for a won auction and I see the domain name relisted back to auction, and the user is participating on other auctions?

Is he legit? If not how he is still participating in multiple auctions?

•••
@Nick R I want all my auctions deleted from Sav immediately. I am not participating in this parody any longer! I will send you a list in a private message. Thanks.

Last edited:
•••
Hello All - A few updates:

Two Factor Emails on Friday - This was resolved first thing on Saturday morning. We will be working to have a hot backup email provider that can step in should there be an issue in the future.

Auction Bids - If a high bidder is not able to pay for their auctions, the system will automatically ban then and restart the auction after a few days. An email will go out to all bidders letting them know any they can place a new bid of any amount if they are still interested in the domain. We are working on a change as we speak that should be live in the next few hours to restrict what auctions new bidders can bid on without any verification like a pre-authorization on their payment method. We will announce the change here in a few hours! Stand by.

•••
Hello All - A few updates:

Two Factor Emails on Friday - This was resolved first thing on Saturday morning. We will be working to have a hot backup email provider that can step in should there be an issue in the future.

Auction Bids - If a high bidder is not able to pay for their auctions, the system will automatically ban then and restart the auction after a few days. An email will go out to all bidders letting them know any they can place a new bid of any amount if they are still interested in the domain. We are working on a change as we speak that should be live in the next few hours to restrict what auctions new bidders can bid on without any verification like a pre-authorization on their payment method. We will announce the change here in a few hours! Stand by.

@Nick R - thanks for the updates and for trying to make changes (y)

There is one suggestion I would like to add if it's possible can you make a user credit $100 whenever he tries to bid over $1000 on any auction? I think many shill bidders will be eliminated by this....

•••
Forcing users to add $100 for example I don't think it's a good idea unless they can apply those funds on orders that are above $100 too, so if they buy something at $500, for example, they can apply their credit + pay the rest of $400.

Another 3 ideas I was thinking about:
- Force all bidders to have a valid debit card attached to their Sav account.
- And because Sav stores debit cards locally you may as well force all users that have a card attached to activate their 2-auth, it should not only improve the security but also the shill bidding problem.
- Phone verification should also be mandatory.

P.S: Not sure if any of these are already in place, just wanted to share my feedback.

•••
Forcing users to add $100 for example I don't think it's a good idea unless they can apply those funds on orders that are above $100 too, so if they buy something at $500, for example, they can apply their credit + pay the rest of $400.

Another 3 ideas I was thinking about:
- Force all bidders to have a valid debit card attached to their Sav account.
- And because Sav stores debit cards locally you may as well force all users that have a card attached to activate their 2-auth, it should not only improve the security but also the shill bidding problem.
- Phone verification should also be mandatory.

P.S: Not sure if any of these are already in place, just wanted to share my feedback.

You are right but it doesn't mean when they are forced to charge $100 they can't use it. Sav should have an option like a wallet type thing (pre-credit feature)..

I think it's the best way to avoid shill bidders if they are forced to credit $100 in their own account when they try to bid over $1000 on any auction.

The $100 should be refundable or can be used in buying something but the only rule should be once a user credit $100, and if he is participating in any auction that $100 cannot be refundable or be used to buy other stuff unless the auction is over..

Phone verification is good but this can be exploited easily. There are a ton of website out where one can verify phone easily.

Last edited:
•••
This bidding alias:

j_x_942e4f

Seems to be posting excessively high proxy bids and then after winning is not following through with payment.

You’d think Sav would have some controls in place to deal with troll bidders like this?

•••
@Constantin S All bidders are required to have a valid payment method on file in order to place bids in auctions. This exists even now. In regards to that $100 credit - I think Sav have to work on making it possible for their clients to apply funds to orders. At the moment the only option available is withdrawals.

•••
This bidding alias:

j_x_942e4f

Seems to be posting excessively high proxy bids and then after winning is not following through with payment.

You’d think Sav would have some controls in place to deal with troll bidders like this?

I already warned about this like 2 days ago about the bidder he is just proxy bidding over $10k...

•••
Providing KYC may also be a good idea if their bid exceeds a certain amount.

•••
Providing KYC may also be a good idea if their bid exceeds a certain amount.
but that will take time and there would be a lot of KYC in a day

•••
but that will take time and there would be a lot of KYC in a day
If it's applied only to bidders over a certain amount then processing KYC's shouldn't be an issue.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back