Domain Empire

Sav Official Thread

NameSilo
Watch

Nick R

VIP Member
Sav.com Staff
Impact
Hello NamePros community! We are creating a single thread where we can share announcements in, talk about product updates, people can ask questions and host a great discussion on all things domains!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@VaibhavA - If you don't mind, can you DM me the domains referenced in this ticket. We would love to take a deeper look into the root cause.

@Maged Khatab , @Anton Naydenov - Our support can take a look into this and reply back - help.sav.com

@ExDom - We did see an issue with auth codes on some .IO domains due to the registry migration from Afilias a few weeks ago. I believe all the codes have been reset but help.sav.com can take a look for you. We do give all users 30 days to renew domains before starting an auction to give plenty of time for anything unforeseen like this to come up. If any of your domains just expired and have an auction started, please DM me right away with the details.

@Intop @Anton Naydenov @Irwan Sukmawan - We did see an issue processing .XYZ domains over the weekend. It was resolved this morning.

•••
@Nick R Not resolved completely. It took me more than an hour to register 5 .xyz names. It shows messages like “the domain name is not available any longer” - even when it is. Got charged twice for the same name. The money was reverted 2 hours later, but still. It was time-consuming and very frustrating. Not to mention that the site was really slow. You really need to fix this - I have experienced the same problem for days at least 5-6 times now. It usually happens with .xyz and .io.

And most important when live support 24/7? It’s about time to move forward.

•••
@Nick R Not resolved completely. It took me more than an hour to register 5 .xyz names. It shows messages like “the domain name is not available any longer” - even when it is. Got charged twice for the same name. The money was reverted 2 hours later, but still. It was time-consuming and very frustrating. Not to mention that the site was really slow. You really need to fix this - I have experienced the same problem for days at least 5-6 times now. It usually happens with .xyz and .io.

And most important when live support 24/7? It’s about time to move forward.
Indeed! We need the Live Chat!

•••
Anyone else unable to login as not receiving 2SA code?

•••
Anyone else unable to login as not receiving 2FA code?
Yeah same, it was working earlier.

@Nick R
If we are logged in from one browser, why ask the 2FA code again and again to setup NS, add to folder and other things?
I know it ask this after some time of inactivity but it's a pain honestly.
It's enough one time during login, but to ask 2FA to add a domain to folder is ridiculous.

Last edited:
•••
After about 100 delayed codes, is working! +++

•••
Hello All! A few things:

Live Chat - We hear you and are starting to look at the best way to add this to Sav!

@iTesla - When an account has 2FA enabled, we re-verify that code on a regular basis. This helps prevent someone else from using the same computer your account is logged into to from taking unauthorized actions.

Payment Methods - One of our most common types requests are around payment methods. This including being able to pre-fund accounts, using Marketplace sales proceeds to buy domains and being able to pay with other methods like ACH and Alipay. What would everyone on NP like to see added to Sav to expand our Payment Methods/Pre-funding options?

•••
Hello All! A few things:

Live Chat - We hear you and are starting to look at the best way to add this to Sav!

@iTesla - When an account has 2FA enabled, we re-verify that code on a regular basis. This helps prevent someone else from using the same computer your account is logged into to from taking unauthorized actions.

Payment Methods - One of our most common types requests are around payment methods. This including being able to pre-fund accounts, using Marketplace sales proceeds to buy domains and being able to pay with other methods like ACH and Alipay. What would everyone on NP like to see added to Sav to expand our Payment Methods/Pre-funding options?
"Using Marketplace sales proceeds to buy domains!" 👍 That is what I have thought too!

•••
Someone is abusing the auction system!

Multiple fake user accounts managed by a single person are trying to cross-bid a single domain, raise the price and try to scam people by creating an artificial market.

When I realised the situation, I immediately contacted support and stated that I would not lose money to scammers. It's been 2 days, no clear answer yet...

And because of this, my account is restricted from participation in the auction.
Someone else is committing the fraud, but I pay the penalty!

In order to prevent such simple manipulations, I recommend that you take more effective measures on the auction market and review your general workflow.

Ticket ID: 020bb288-0adc-4444-9493-cb150d413079

@Nick R

•••
Are we overpaying for domains at SAV? You guys catch the shill bidders when they win the auction and don't pay but what happens when they don't win and some innocent investor wins? Do they get refund if the shill bidders get caught in the future?

Cancelled auctions should only be private and only include those who were part of in the first place. You guys restarting it as public auction.

All domains should have an option to be shown in uppercase. This opens the door for abuse by scammers.

Last edited:
•••
Update 12/09/2021: [ISSUE RESOLVED AND THE DOMAIN HAS BEEN TRANSFERRED TO MY ACCOUNT]

Support says it's registered by someone else. And this is completely wrong because:

1- This name is not an expired domain.

2- I've made the purchase on the 2nd of Dec 2021 9:37:58 AM UTC and the domain was registered less than a minute later on the 2nd of Dec 2021 9:38:45 AM UTC. *Check the attachments, please.

3- Also, the domain name doesn't have a clientTransferProhibited because it wasn't moved to anyone's account. It was registered by me and was supposed to be moved to my account but due to some errors in your payment processor, the transaction wasn't completed.

*The ticket system has no number to refer to in here, but my account is under the same name as it's on NamePros.

So please delete the domain name or add it to my cart so I can complete the purchase.

Attachment links:

i.imgur.com/j0IF4gg.png
i.imgur.com/bfVdoPy.png

Hi, I want to confirm that the issue is resolved by Sav support and the domain has been transferred to my account.

Thank you!

•••
Are we overpaying for domains at SAV? You guys catch the shill bidders when they win the auction and don't pay but what happens when they don't win and some innocent investor wins? Do they get refund if the shill bidders get caught in the future?

Cancelled auctions should only be private and only include those who were part of in the first place. You guys restarting it as public auction.

All domains should have an option to be shown in uppercase. This opens the door for abuse by scammers.

Recently, transactions with fake accounts have increased a lot. In particular, a few 'customer' auctions are openly manipulated.
The same groups of fake user accounts are bidding on the specific domains and inflating the price.

When I have time, I usually google the usernames I don't know in the auctions I participate in and check which auctions they have participated in and whether the domains they have won have landing pages.

I'm just leaving these two links here:

sav.com/auctions/details/532168/offices.forsale
sav.com/auctions/details/564266/offices.forsale

Examining the history of the participants reveals a strange pattern.

This is not SAV's first incident. There are complaints threads opened in 2020 on this forum.
And it seems like they're completely blocking their eyes and ears about the situation, just trying to make more money easily.

•••
This was the response I got from SAV regarding bidders not paying:
The highest bidder not paying isn't always because they refuse to. It's often because the payment is rejected by our fraud checkers. When a buyer doesn't pay in time, we ban them from participating in auctions for 30 days.

Good job on making the transfer out so easy:
Transfering out domains from Sav.com is so fast. It look less than 5 minutes and domain was in my account in other registrar.

•••
Hello All! A few things:

Using Marketplace sales proceeds to buy and register domains.

Also adding crypto payment options like Bitcoin, USDT, etc

Last edited:
•••
Hello All! A few things:

" Using Marketplace sales proceeds to buy, renew, register domains..... " (y)(y)(y)

•••
Hello All! A few things:

There is issue with 2FA every day, they work later, why this happen?
Simple 2FA codes for add to folder and other things exhaust the 2FA quota.

•••
@karamakate - We did review the bidders in the ticket and auctions in this thread but do not see evidence of shill bidding. This behavior can be seen when a private seller lists a Customer auction and benefits from a higher sale price. However, the bulk of the auctions we are seeing are not customer auctions and the bidders look to be legitimate anyways.

@silentg - See my note above. We will also be adding in the domain name in all CAPS this week or next. When an auction is restarted, it is currently a public auction. We do not have any private auctions for anything at this time.

My apologies on the confusion for this reply from our Support Team:
The highest bidder not paying isn't always because they refuse to. It's often because the payment is rejected by our fraud checkers. When a buyer doesn't pay in time, we ban them from participating in auctions for 30 days.

Here is how it actually works: We expect all users to have a working payment method on Sav when bidding, or to be able to provide a chargeable payment method within 48 hours of the auction ending. If a user is not able to pay for an action bid more than once, they will be banned from participating in ALL future auctions. Once 30 days has passed, they can request that we review their account and looking at lifting the ban buts its very very rare.

@iTesa We are not aware of any 2FA issues. Feel free to DM me is you are seeing anything specific.

•••
I recently pushed a lot of domains to another SAV user, now one of the domains I pushed has sold and there is a pending payout in my account. I want to make sure the buyer gets their domain and the new owner gets credit.

•••
@End User King - Can you DM me the domain name and the email address on your Sav account?

•••
I pushed a domain to DAN’s Holding account([email protected]) and received an email confirming success, the domain is still in my account, i tried many times

•••
@Nick R when I am bidding on premium looking domains at sav-auctions... How do I know the domain has a premium renewal or not ? It is important to know for me as it would help me decide whether I should bid on that domain or not.

If it is a premium name with regular reg-fee that I may pay good price because then I can afford to keep it for several years but if the domain has a steep premium renewal fee then I might not bid at all. I do not see any listing with a premium-renewal fee.

Last edited:
•••
@Nick R when I am bidding on premium looking domains at sav-auctions... How do I know the domain has a premium renewal or not ? It is important to know for me as it would help me decide whether I should bid on that domain or not.

If it is a premium name with regular reg-fee that I may pay good price because then I can afford to keep it for several years but if the domain has a steep premium renewal fee then I might not bid at all. I do not see any listing with a premium-renewal fee.

I check this by starting a transfer to Epik for instance. If a name has a premium renewal fee, you will see it at checkout. I usually check .co and .xyz this way.

•••
@Bailian - Please login to your Sav account and submit a ticket at https://help.sav.com/kb/en . We can take a look and see what is going on.

@Primary Names - We actually just made that change yesterday! All new auctions starting today on will show the renewal price, when the expiration date will be upon auction completion and will show the domain in all caps if you hover over the domain. This is all on the auctions's detail page.

•••
What would everyone on NP like to see added to Sav to expand our Payment Methods/Pre-funding options?
Using Marketplace sales proceeds to buy, renew, register domains.

•••
@Nick R Your system is not sending notifications via email. If people don’t know about new bids on names they have been trying to buy, they will start losing auctions. The problem is from the past few hours.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back