IT.COM

Sav Official Thread

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Nick R

VIP Member
Sav.com Staff
Impact
Hello NamePros community! We are creating a single thread where we can share announcements in, talk about product updates, people can ask questions and host a great discussion on all things domains!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I initiated some renewals at sav - I got an e-mail saying "Unsuccessful Items From Your Cart" without any explanation. My card was charged just for a fraction of the amount. What gives?

[edit] Ok, it seems that the domains expiring in April were renewed, but the ones expired in March and marked "Expired Renew Grace Period" cannot be renewed? Surely it's a mistake?

Last edited:
•••
How to approve transfer out? no links no email..
Reach out to our support for not BUT we will be most likely releasing the ability to ACK and NACK transfers from the domain manager this week!

•••
I initiated some renewals at sav - I got an e-mail saying "Unsuccessful Items From Your Cart" without any explanation. My card was charged just for a fraction of the amount. What gives?

[edit] Ok, it seems that the domains expiring in April were renewed, but the ones expired in March and marked "Expired Renew Grace Period" cannot be renewed? Surely it's a mistake?
Our support team can take a look at this - [email protected]

•••
Reach out to our support for not BUT we will be most likely releasing the ability to ACK and NACK transfers from the domain manager this week!
what is ack nack? i mean fast approval transfer without waiting 5 days..

•••
•••
@JudgeMind - We can't wait as well. This is in the hands of Afternic to complete the final rounds of testing. As soon as they give us the OK, we will push it live.

You sent this message on Feb 15. I was told over a year ago that afternic fast transfer was coming very soon, within a month. As an investor, not having the afternic fast transfer activated is killing sales. Can you tell us why there has been such a massive delay... why were we told over a year ago it was coming soon (missleading), why do i have to keep bringing this up and getting the same response? The activation should take no more than 2-3 weeks tops. We are over a year now and my patience is gone. I invested heavily in sav domains since i was told that afternic fast transfer was coming "very soon" (i have the emails from last year to back this up). PLEASE GIVE A DATE WE WILL EXPECT TO SEE THIS BY. If i dont see it by that date, i will move hundreds of domains away.

•••
Nick with SAV - I have a ticket number (131054) assigned to our nameserver issue from Friday. I have not received a response yet. Please help ASAP. Thank you.

•••
@ReallyBigIdea.com - Are you referring to Afternic and Sedo Fast Transfer? If so, you can already do that with Sedo now and will be able to do with Afternic in the coming weeks.

@pb - Feel free to DM me the ticket number if you dont hear back in 1-2 business days.

@JudgeMind - We are just as anxious AND have had the code complete on our end for about a year now. We are emailing Afternic almost daily and think we are weeks away from them putting us live. If it was up to us, we would have had this live a year ago.

@Brandon341 - I responded to your DM.

Last edited:
•••
@ReallyBigIdea.com - Are you referring to Afternic and Sedo Fast Transfer? If so, you can already do that with Sedo now and will be able to do with Afternic in the coming weeks.

@pb - Feel free to DM me the ticket number if you dont hear back in 1-2 business days.

@JudgeMind - We are just an anxious AND have had the code complete on our end for about a year now. We are emailing Afternic almost daily and think we are weeks away from them putting us live. If it was up to us, we would have had this live a year ago.

@Brandon341 - I responded to your DM.

Hi @Nick R

So if I understand correctly, Afternic promised to Sav a year ago that "Afternic Fast Transfer" would be possible soon? Why didn't they deliver? @Joe Styler

Last edited:
•••
The Sav logo has been displayed on the afternic list of fast transfer partners for a very long time.. this is missleading. I apologize for my abrupt post above @Nick R but please understand the frustration when I was told a year ago that afternic fast transfer was coming very soon.

https://www.afternic.com/domain-reseller-network

•••
the domain sold through Afternic and i need to fast approval it without waiting 5 days. Does Sav have fast autorize button or link?

•••
Based on our last conversations with Afternic it looks like this should be enabled at some point next week!

•••
Based on our last conversations with Afternic it looks like this should be enabled at some point next week!
i do not need it. i need approval for my current transfer. is it possible fast approval on Sav?

What is fast transfer? - Fast transfer means you can approve it without waiting 5 days.

Example of Registrars with fast transfer option:
Epik
Namecheap
Dynadot

Last edited:
•••
How does it work if I sell a domain from another registrar ?
It just need to be transferred into Sav upon sale, at the buyers expense.

Is there an api for adding/modifiing/deleting domains ?
Yep. You can add/edit/delete Buy Now listings all via API. The docs are in the API Docs link in the footer.

Do you pay each time a domain is sold or is there a threshold?
Sellers can request a payout anytime they want. New sellers have a 5 day hold placed on funds from new sales but can apply to have that lifted after they are established on the platform and have reached a set sales volume.

You can learn all about the Marketplace here: https://www.sav.com/domains/sell
I sold my first domain on Sav.com and requested a payout (all required payment tax details I submitted prior). 12 days passed but I stil not received my funds. I begin to worry.

•••
Hello NamePros community! We are creating a single thread where we can share announcements in, talk about product updates, people can ask questions and host a great discussion on all things domains!

Hi guys,
I'm getting a little worried. Purchased a premium domain name 8 days ago now and still nothing showing up anywhere. Tried emailing support yesterday and no response.
Can someone make me feel a bit better that this place isn't just a scam???

•••
Hello @Nick R I sent a PM to you. Could you please take a look at it?

•••
@Nick R Could you please take a look at
request #130296
It has been 10 days since I have reported the issue.
I am unable to set nameservers for a .co domain. I was hoping that your tech team could do it manually. Could you please ask your tech rep to take a look.
I am losing my client here man !

•••
A General Reminder:
When an issue does come up, please submit a support ticket to [email protected] and DM us the ticket number & your email so we can look into it right away. We are unable to look into any issues posted directly in this thread as we do not have a way to access your Sav account based off your NP username.

@ReallyBigIdea.com - Ah OK, I understand. This will be going live next week!

@Igor Mironyuk, @DeliosTech - See the General Reminder above.

@SergioM - I replied to your DM and ticket.

@Primary Names - I see an active conversation with our Support team about on this ticket. I'll let them continue this from here.

•••
worked out my issue

Last edited:
•••
@Nick R today I was adding some .IO backorders and noticed that the price has increased from $26.95 to $29.95. No notification provided.

But I also see that this new price has been applied to backorders placed before the price increased? I don't think this is acceptable. If you enter into a contract to backorder for $26.95 I don't think you can later change that agreed price to $29.95, especially without prior notice or agreement between the counterparties.

Please advise on how you intend to fix this.

•••
It looks like the price change occurred today or yesterday.

I have emails received from Sav.com with subject "Backorder Submission Results" which clearly state the Backorder Price $26.95. It's not acceptable to increase the price on these backorders ex-post.

•••
and kaboom folks.. the great sav io pricing is gone..

and all of sudden... the reasons to be on sav or move there are vanishing...or vanished completely already.. for many...

watch sav domain count and users count start going down in coming weeks and months

•••
A General Reminder:
When an issue does come up, please submit a support ticket to [email protected] and DM us the ticket number & your email so we can look into it right away. We are unable to look into any issues posted directly in this thread as we do not have a way to access your Sav account based off your NP username.

@ReallyBigIdea.com - Ah OK, I understand. This will be going live next week!

@Igor Mironyuk, @DeliosTech - See the General Reminder above.

@SergioM - I replied to your DM and ticket.

@Primary Names - I see an active conversation with our Support team about on this ticket. I'll let them continue this from here.

Why do you use only snail mail?
You dont see the backlog of inefficiency here?
Hire someone to take calls, get phone support.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Sav does strive to provide some of lowest domain costs in the industry and does make changes from time to time, although the bulk of the time the prices go down. NET was just lowered to $4.88 for new registrations this week and COM new registrations remain unchanged at $6.95.

The current price is always displayed before the drop on the My Backorders & Pricing pages and when a user places a backorder more than a day before the drop; we email them the then current backorder price a day before. We also offer a 5-day refund period for caught backorders to cover things such as last minute price changes.

We encourage everyone to check https://tld-list.com/ for a registrar price comparison. Sav is currently the cheapest place for unlimited new registrations of COM, NET, CO, IO and many more.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back