Dynadot

Sav Official Thread

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Nick R

VIP Member
Sav.com Staff
Impact
Hello NamePros community! We are creating a single thread where we can share announcements in, talk about product updates, people can ask questions and host a great discussion on all things domains!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
WORST REGISTRAR EVER

ALLERT!!!

•••
STOP!!!!! i am receiving tones of emails with domains i didnt sold in auction!!!!!!

•••
when exactly do they auction yer expired names then?

•••
@Future Sensors - We will look at updating that wording in a future push.

A quick update on what we are working on for launch in the coming weeks:
  • A completely revamped transfer in interface with realtime updates on the transfer status
  • The ability to update an auth code and restart failed transfers in
  • See what domains are disabled due to contact verification failures and how to re-activate them
  • Bulk export auth codes
  • See domains that are pending transfer out and ACK/NACK the transfers in bulk
Thank you to everyone for all the great suggestions, kind DMs and passion for Sav! We will see you next week.

A General Reminder:
When an issue does come up, please submit a support ticket to [email protected] and DM us the ticket number & your email so we can look into it right away. We are unable to look into any issues posted directly in this thread as we do not have a way to access your Sav account based off your NP username.

•••
We can understand not agreeing with this process and we are looking at changing it i the near future but please do not say that we do not give any notification.
Please re-read my comments. Where did I say you don't give that notification? I said that any such notification does not relieve you of your duty to not do what you're doing:
There are no warnings, notifications or conditions that can override your duty not to charge/block CCs the way you currently do in auctions.
@Nick R my ticket requesting the name of your payment processor is 124505.

Here's the exact wording from https://www.sav.com/pages/how_auctions_work:
Your payment will be preauthorized for the bid amount on each auction you bid on.
If I bid up to $141 in multiple steps, your own conditions state that you *WILL* preauthorize for the bid amount. You preauthorized over $400 USD against my bid of $141. I didn't bid $400, I bid $141.

Now look at the wording of the conditions you make users agree to (which you kindly blew up for impact):
[... ] and understand that your credit card may be authorized for your bid upon submission.
Let me be clear here:
1. If a user places a bid which is an underbid, you have no place pre-authorizing that charge; NONE. Your system knows it's an underbid, yet still pre-authorizes the charge.
2. Under no circumstances do you have a right to pre-authorize an amount higher than that bid by a user. The fact that your system has this bug is pretty astonishing, but that you are here defending it is even worse IMO.

What you should be saying here is: yes, it's a bug, and we're going to fix it ASAP.

Last edited:
•••
@Nick R FYI Source: https://www.mastercard.us/content/dam/mccom/global/documents/transaction-processing-rules.pdf, page 45, S2.9 Point (3)
upload_2021-2-13_9-50-42.png

There may be different terms for CNP transactions, but it seems likely that you're breaking Mastercard's TOS with the current setup. I expect VISA TOS will be similar. I'm sure Baintree can confirm whether or not what you're doing breaks their TOS. I suggest you reach out to them first and confirm.

•••
My 2 domains are stuck as being locked even though I have it set to unlocked. Every time I attempt transfer it fails. Can someone please help??? My account is under the email ebaum187@gmail I have multiple tickets submitted but they have been unanswered for many days. @Nick R

Last edited:
•••
WHEN IS AFTERNIC FAST TRANSFER COMING?

•••
ANNOUNCEMENT: As mentioned in posts last week, we have made a change to auction bids pre-authing. Effectively immediately, auction bids will no longer be pre-authed for any user!

@ebaum - I replied to your DM about an hour ago. When I looked both domains were unlocked.

@JudgeMind - We can't wait as well. This is in the hands of Afternic to complete the final rounds of testing. As soon as they give us the OK, we will push it live.

A General Reminder:
When an issue does come up, please submit a support ticket to [email protected] and DM us the ticket number & your email so we can look into it right away. We are unable to look into any issues posted directly in this thread as we do not have a way to access your Sav account based off your NP username.

•••
Still unable to transfer. Can you please confirm that these 2 domains are unlocked. I just tried transferring with another registrar and that registrar is also stating that sav.com has these LOCKED

•••
•••
Still waiting for reply to Ticket Number 125149. Thx

•••
@ebaum - This issue was permanently resolved this morning and the domains are unlocked! Our apologies about the confusion while we tracked down the root cause.

@spikedo - We are currently about business 2 days out on support tickets right now. Ill ask and agent to take a look at this ticket next though.

•••
ANNOUNCEMENT: As mentioned in posts last week, we have made a change to auction bids pre-authing. Effectively immediately, auction bids will no longer be pre-authed for any user!
Well done on this. I've participated in multiple auctions now, and so far so good. The user experience is now much better in my opinion.

•••
Hello @Nick R

I have one domain name transfer to Sav: rqh dot io
Payment has been make from 13/02 as below
- Paypal transaction ID: 1XC96246V7954411A
- Invoice number: 85911
But till now 18/02 Status is: "In progress"

I contact your team three time at [email protected] but no one reply me

So pls help check to finish domain transfer or refund me

Thanks
Tu

•••
Nick, I have been trying to transfer a domain to Godaddy. Sav.com has not responded to the request. I have also emailed support but not heard anything back from you guys. What do I need to do?

•••
Nick, I have been trying to transfer a domain to Godaddy. Sav.com has not responded to the request. I have also emailed support but not heard anything back from you guys. What do I need to do?

u didnt even tag him proper here..use @

but overall he wrote here 100000 times to dm him here

I think it makes sense.. saves others reading posts that bring nothing to them...or to this thread. no offence. just telling like it is. hope u get it resolved

ciao

•••
What does that mean? Am I able to pay only after I won an auction without getting charged my card until the auction get closed?
Anyway, I would like to pay via Paypal instead of card in the event if I won an auction. Is it possible with this change?

Last edited:
•••
Anyone knows how to delete a domain in sav? I think the domain I reg'd is a TM but I can't see any option in Sav to delete. Thanks!

•••
Anyone knows how to delete a domain in sav? I think the domain I reg'd is a TM but I can't see any option in Sav to delete. Thanks!
just transfer it to someone and BOOM the name is gone for everyone! lol

Hey SAV what is going on with account to account transfers? The name just disappeared and we have to wait a week for an email....

•••
Hello @Nick R

I have one domain name transfer to Sav: rqh dot io
Payment has been make from 13/02 as below
- Paypal transaction ID: 1XC96246V7954411A
- Invoice number: 85911
But till now 18/02 Status is: "In progress"

I contact your team three time at [email protected] but no one reply me

So pls help check to finish domain transfer or refund me

Thanks
Tu

Why not going to 1And1 they will give you less headaches lol... If you like having issues and time to kill..

•••
Hello @Nick R
I wonder how to resubmit a domain for transfer again without re add to cart and pay the second time for transfer the same domain name?
I use Epic security browser and it can cause UI issues but not sure if here is the case, that domain have disappear from Transfers list and there was no field to resubmit the transfer key for it.
Have contacted support, by that time want to know if it will happen again for future domain transfers.
Also i think it would be good to not ask 2factor authentication for changing NS because i already signed in using 2 factor.
Thank you.

•••
@justname , @BrandChimp - When an issue does come up, please submit a support ticket to [email protected] and DM us the ticket number & your email so we can look into it right away. We are unable to look into any issues posted directly in this thread as we do not have a way to access your Sav account based off your NP username.

@dbdomains - I see your ticket was updated and I believe solved on Friday of last week.

@dumindu89 - This means that your default payment method is still charged if you are the high bidder but we do not pre-authorize the card each time you place a bid. You can set the default method to be a credit card or PayPal account from the My Account tab.

@NamePrime - I replied back to your DM.

@iTesla - Once a transfer fails our support team can re-start it for you at no cost. We are also working on rolling out a brand new Transfer In UI in the coming weeks that will allow you to that on your own. We will announce that on here when the Beta is ready to try out.

•••
Last edited:
•••
I think it's important for people to post here if they're having issues, just for the sake of other Namepros users being aware of any on-going issues with basic functionality at Sav.

Sav wants to discourage people from sharing their issues, but I want to encourage people to keep sharing their issues. It's important. It's what these threads are for. If you want nothing but praise, earn it. If you don't want people posting negative things in your thread, answer their support tickets more quickly, don't tell them to keep quiet.

I understand that you can't do anything with a forum post unless you have a ticket number, but it looks kind of shady to continually discourage people from sharing their issues publicly. I'm not saying you're shady, I'm saying that's how it looks.

Also, it sounds like NamePros users get priority support times if they're able to DM you. What about everyone else, the people who aren't NamePros users? Why should they have to wait longer? Everyone should get the same support times, even the people who aren't able to share their experiences on a forum.

Not only that, but in this very thread, you said that users who post criticisms of you will get slower support times. That's insane. That's absolutely not okay. Say what you want about GoDaddy, for example, but when they get criticized (usually for good reasons), they take it on the chin and they do their jobs. They don't try to discourage people from sharing their experiences.

Take some accountability. I don't know if you realize how poorly you've been handling things from the perspective of potential customers but I can tell you, it's NOT good.

Another example: Instead of arguing with @Brandworthy, you should say "Thank you for bringing this to our attention, you're right, it's very unusual for us to put a hold on your card for every single auction bid on the same auction. This was an oversight, and we're going to make it right."

"imo..."

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back