IT.COM
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Haroon Basha

Service.xyzTop Member
Impact
Today morning I registered a name ZARUZ.com. At the time of registration, the domain name zaruz.com was available, in several registrars, including SAV.com I preferred SAV among others. They deducted the amount from my card, but now I received an email from them saying the name was not processed. The name is not available for registration now. THEY ARE CHEATING, THERE IS NO DOUBT IN IT.
I SWEAR, HENCEFORTH, I WILL NOT COME USE SAV.COM AND I WILL TRY TO TRANSFER ALL THE EXISTING NAMES FROM SAV.COM TO SOME OTHER HONEST REGISTRARS.
I AM GOING TO PUBLISH THIS INCIDENT IN GROUPS, FORUMS AND NAMEPROS. LET EVERYONE AWARE OF YOUR CHEATING BUSINESS.
Haroon

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
So many horror stories about this registrar, no wonder it is 'the' cheapest.

•••
In my experience at this registrar, I can't make a glue records. I have to provide a photo of the credit card used to pay for the domain.
i really confused, this is uncommon practice in domain industry.

then i transfer to dynadot, i can easily registering glue records.

stupid me just because it's cheaper by just a few cents, I sacrificed safety and reliability.

•••
I rarely use sav and zaruz was a good name , I guess someone else might catch it before you , i lost many domains on daily basis like this , to me this is not a registrar mistake, someone else from the world is also going through expireddomains and get it few seconds before you.

If you were not able to catch domain due to sav lazy code or authentications then its really not a good experience.

Last edited:
•••
They ban me for no reason and no response, they operate very shady

Last edited:
•••
Recently I had very similar case on Dynadot...
The domain was available for ~1 day after its drop, but when I placed my order - it failed.
Then I rechecked WHOIS - it was regged by another Dyna customer just a few seconds before me.
The domain world is unpredictable.

Last edited:
•••
Today morning I registered a name ZARUZ.com. At the time of registration, the domain name zaruz.com was available, in several registrars, including SAV.com I preferred SAV among others.

Zaruz.com is registered with namecheap now. Sounds like you checked with many registrars, is that correct? Could it be that one of the other registrars that you tried is siphoning off the domain availability requests instead of SAV specifically?

I would highly recommend using WHOIS directly. If you have a Mac or a Linux terminal like the Windows subsystem one you can install `whois` (apt install whois) and use the terminal to check whois - that will make a request straight to the whois server.

upload_2021-6-11_10-45-50.png

I'm not suggesting that they are, but it feels to me like using registrars to check for the availability of a domain is a sure fire way to allow them to use the information against you.

Last edited:
•••
(apt install whois)

On RedHat based distros, e.g. CentOS, Fedora, AlmaLinux, Rocky Linux and a couple of others, that would be "yum install whois".

On Arch Linux and its forks use "pacman -S whois".

Without the quotation marks, of course.

OpenSuSE has changed its packaging management software since I last used it, sorry folks, you'll have to look it up. I think they've changed the way yast is used so it doesn't download and install any more, but I could be wrong.

Last edited:
•••
Domain Name: ZARUZ.COM
Registry Domain ID: 2618838366_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.namecheap.com
Registrar URL: http://www.namecheap.com
Updated Date: 2021-06-11T06:46:00Z
Creation Date: 2021-06-11T06:45:57Z
Registry Expiry Date: 2022-06-11T06:45:57Z
Registrar: NameCheap, Inc.

Judging by the whois record, the domain was registered via Namecheap just about the same time of reference.

Lesson learnt
Next time you want to check availability of a domain, don't check with domain registrar, due to frequent reports of front-running by some of them.
Instead use tools that are not in any way connected with domain registrars and without conflict of interest. DNHat's whois lookup and Domain availability checker is one of such of tools. They are free and independent. For anyone who cares, here are the links :

Whois lookup - https://dnhat.com/domain-whois.php
Domain availability checker - https://dnhat.com/free-domain-checker.php

Last edited:
•••
Next time you want to check availability of a domain, don't check with domain registrar, due to frequent reports of front running by some of them.
Instead use tools that are not in any way connected with domain registrars and without conflict of interest. DNHat's whois lookup and Domain availability checker is one of such of tools. They are free and independent. For anyone who cares, here are the links :

Using any intermediary is unwise. Just cause they're not a registrar themselves doesn't mean that they can't use the data that flows through against you. That site even talks about selling domains so I wouldn't touch them with a bargepole if I was serious.

•••
I wouldn't touch them with a bargepole if I was serious.

DNHat is @Josytal's own site. He's a constant on here and he is straight. For anybody who is not familiar with a command line he has posted a good option in my view.

•••
Today morning I registered a name ZARUZ.com. At the time of registration, the domain name zaruz.com was available, in several registrars, including SAV.com I preferred SAV among others. They deducted the amount from my card, but now I received an email from them saying the name was not processed. The name is not available for registration now. THEY ARE CHEATING, THERE IS NO DOUBT IN IT.
I SWEAR, HENCEFORTH, I WILL NOT COME USE SAV.COM AND I WILL TRY TO TRANSFER ALL THE EXISTING NAMES FROM SAV.COM TO SOME OTHER HONEST REGISTRARS.
I AM GOING TO PUBLISH THIS INCIDENT IN GROUPS, FORUMS AND NAMEPROS. LET EVERYONE AWARE OF YOUR CHEATING BUSINESS.
Haroon
Post your screenshot of that email.blur the sensitive details

•••
whois says:

1 days old
Created on 2021-06-10
Expires on 2022-06-10
Updated on 0000-12-31

•••
Sorry this happened to you Haroon.

Last edited:
•••
Using any intermediary is unwise. Just cause they're not a registrar themselves doesn't mean that they can't use the data that flows through against you. That site even talks about selling domains so I wouldn't touch them with a bargepole if I was serious.
In that case, the next logical option for the OP (or whoever cares) is to develop and host his own tools. If he's willing and able.

Last edited:
•••
In my opinion the bad practice and stupid credit verification process cost you to loose the domain name. It's always better to pay some extra cent and go with a good registrar instead with sav.com and crazydomains.com etc

•••
Domain Name: ZARUZ.COM
Registry Domain ID: 2618838366_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.namecheap.com
Registrar URL: http://www.namecheap.com
Updated Date: 2021-06-11T06:46:00Z
Creation Date: 2021-06-11T06:45:57Z
Registry Expiry Date: 2022-06-11T06:45:57Z
Registrar: NameCheap, Inc.

Judging from the whois record, the domain was registered via Namecheap just about the same time of reference.

Lesson learnt
Next time you want to check availability of a domain, don't check with domain registrar, due to frequent reports of front running by some of them.

@Haroon Basha your thread is misleading. i must disagree and dislike. thanks!

•••
yes, someone on namecheap not sav regged it, i checked.

•••
yes, someone on namecheap not sav regged it, i checked.

Even if the domain was registered at SAV, that wouldn't necessarily mean they are behind it.

Not too longs ago I missed a backorder through Epik. When I checked, the domain was registered at Epik. Tracked down the owner, no ties to Epik at all.

Sometimes things look shady but 99.99% of the time it's just ordinary bad luck thanks to your fellow domainers, all fishing in the same pond :).

•••
Yet again another example of a derogatory, borderline slanderous thread title....

This happens time and time again and nothing is done about it.

Why people think they can accuse companies or individuals without providing proof is beyond me....

The OP needs to speak to the Mods and get the title changed...

•••
@Haroon Basha - can you post, as a reference, the full list of registrars or services you checked the domain availability on? If some service is tracking searches, trying to locate good available domain to register for themselves or for somebody who contracted them for this purspose, then it would be in this list. For the sake of completeness, maybe check the browser history?

was available, in several registrars, including SAV.com

Last edited:
•••
This happened to me once at SAV, order went through then was failed to process and someone else registered it elsewhere. The name was on that day's drop list so it could have been registered around the same time or right before my registration attempt and for some reason their system didn't recognize it was taken.

Yesterday the last 2 domains I tried to register didn't go through, kept getting 'Unable to process' emails .. I went and registered elsewhere so it didn't happen again, and it didn't. Emailed them about it.

I think it has more to do with bugs/glitches than correlated plots to steal ppls handregs. I understand the frustration, but try to use discretion with claims. Things happen. Sorry you didn't get the name.

Last edited:
•••
Just checked my email and got this response an hour ago from them about the same issue I emailed them about yesterday...

"Sometimes when you try to complete a purchase at Sav, there may be items in your cart that are unable to be successfully processed.
The reason for these unsuccessful items can vary but some common issues are:

• Someone else purchased the item while it was in your cart but before you completed the purchase.
  • The domain status has changed since it was added to your cart.
  • Sav's backend is unable to process the purchase due to technical issues.
Tip If you are having issues with completing a transaction, try removing the item from your cart, adding it back to your cart, and retrying the transaction after 1 hour.
If you complete a purchase and there are unsuccessful items in your cart, you may see an authorization hold in your bank account. This is a pending charge and the funds will not be processed. You can learn more about authorization holds here."

Last edited:
•••
It happens all the time.. Edit the title buddy, it's not fair to tarnish their name, when they have done nothing wrong.

Last edited:
•••
Here is the proof from Sav.com apologizing for their mistake.
I will not change the Title, anyhow.

Luca (2021 12:27 PM (UTC-05:00)
Ah. Sorry about that.

There was an issue with the registry that was causing errors with registrations and transfers of .com domains. We have since fixed the issue, so feel free to retry the registration. Our sincerest apologies for the confusion and inconvenience.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back