IT.COM
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Haroon Basha

Service.xyzTop Member
Impact
Today morning I registered a name ZARUZ.com. At the time of registration, the domain name zaruz.com was available, in several registrars, including SAV.com I preferred SAV among others. They deducted the amount from my card, but now I received an email from them saying the name was not processed. The name is not available for registration now. THEY ARE CHEATING, THERE IS NO DOUBT IN IT.
I SWEAR, HENCEFORTH, I WILL NOT COME USE SAV.COM AND I WILL TRY TO TRANSFER ALL THE EXISTING NAMES FROM SAV.COM TO SOME OTHER HONEST REGISTRARS.
I AM GOING TO PUBLISH THIS INCIDENT IN GROUPS, FORUMS AND NAMEPROS. LET EVERYONE AWARE OF YOUR CHEATING BUSINESS.
Haroon

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Today morning I registered a name ZARUZ.com. At the time of registration, the domain name zaruz.com was available, in several registrars, including SAV.com I preferred SAV among others.

Zaruz.com is registered with namecheap now. Sounds like you checked with many registrars, is that correct? Could it be that one of the other registrars that you tried is siphoning off the domain availability requests instead of SAV specifically?

I would highly recommend using WHOIS directly. If you have a Mac or a Linux terminal like the Windows subsystem one you can install `whois` (apt install whois) and use the terminal to check whois - that will make a request straight to the whois server.

upload_2021-6-11_10-45-50.png

I'm not suggesting that they are, but it feels to me like using registrars to check for the availability of a domain is a sure fire way to allow them to use the information against you.

Last edited:
•••
Yet again another example of a derogatory, borderline slanderous thread title....

This happens time and time again and nothing is done about it.

Why people think they can accuse companies or individuals without providing proof is beyond me....

The OP needs to speak to the Mods and get the title changed...

•••
Domain Name: ZARUZ.COM
Registry Domain ID: 2618838366_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.namecheap.com
Registrar URL: http://www.namecheap.com
Updated Date: 2021-06-11T06:46:00Z
Creation Date: 2021-06-11T06:45:57Z
Registry Expiry Date: 2022-06-11T06:45:57Z
Registrar: NameCheap, Inc.

Judging from the whois record, the domain was registered via Namecheap just about the same time of reference.

Lesson learnt
Next time you want to check availability of a domain, don't check with domain registrar, due to frequent reports of front running by some of them.
Instead use tools that are not in any way connected with domain registrars and without conflict of interest. DNHat's whois lookup and Domain availability checker is one of such of tools. They are free and independent. For anyone who cares, here are the links :

Whois lookup - https://dnhat.com/domain-whois.php
Domain availability checker - https://dnhat.com/free-domain-checker.php

@Haroon Basha your thread is misleading. i must disagree and dislike. thanks!

•••
yes, someone on namecheap not sav regged it, i checked.

Even if the domain was registered at SAV, that wouldn't necessarily mean they are behind it.

Not too longs ago I missed a backorder through Epik. When I checked, the domain was registered at Epik. Tracked down the owner, no ties to Epik at all.

Sometimes things look shady but 99.99% of the time it's just ordinary bad luck thanks to your fellow domainers, all fishing in the same pond :).

•••
Hi

to me and as a "standard of professionalism" in general...
thread titles like these, where there is no definitive proof or evidence of the claim, should be closed
or title should be edited, to reflect true nature of circumstances.

as is, it's fake news.
and it's a reflection on NP, in what is allowed to stand, as is.

it's a serious issue and needs to be addressed.

imo...

Last edited:
•••
Recently I had very similar case on Dynadot...
The domain was available for ~1 day after its drop, but when I placed my order - it failed.
Then I rechecked WHOIS - it was regged by another Dyna customer just a few seconds before me.
The domain world is unpredictable.

Last edited:
•••
Domain Name: ZARUZ.COM
Registry Domain ID: 2618838366_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.namecheap.com
Registrar URL: http://www.namecheap.com
Updated Date: 2021-06-11T06:46:00Z
Creation Date: 2021-06-11T06:45:57Z
Registry Expiry Date: 2022-06-11T06:45:57Z
Registrar: NameCheap, Inc.

Judging by the whois record, the domain was registered via Namecheap just about the same time of reference.

Lesson learnt
Next time you want to check availability of a domain, don't check with domain registrar, due to frequent reports of front-running by some of them.
Instead use tools that are not in any way connected with domain registrars and without conflict of interest. DNHat's whois lookup and Domain availability checker is one of such of tools. They are free and independent. For anyone who cares, here are the links :

Whois lookup - https://dnhat.com/domain-whois.php
Domain availability checker - https://dnhat.com/free-domain-checker.php

Last edited:
•••
Apology is their handy tool for their deliberate inside works against the clients to gain benefits. You better read about their fraudulent activities elsewhere in NamePros before advocating them.
I'm not advocating them, I'm just inquiring cause I'd like to know more details. Cheating is a strong word so any details regarding your case specifically will help myself and others.

Did they register the name on namecheap for another client, is that what you're saying?

Cheers

Last edited:
•••
Here is the proof from Sav.com apologizing for their mistake.
I will not change the Title, anyhow.

Luca (2021 12:27 PM (UTC-05:00)
Ah. Sorry about that.

There was an issue with the registry that was causing errors with registrations and transfers of .com domains. We have since fixed the issue, so feel free to retry the registration. Our sincerest apologies for the confusion and inconvenience.

If this is all you have, you should indeed change the title.

Why did you create the thread before actually hearing from Sav Support about this matter?

You, as a long time member of namePros, have chosen to do business with Sav the company. You should have known by now that they have these technical issues, to say it neutrally.

Last edited:
•••
In my opinion the bad practice and stupid credit verification process cost you to loose the domain name. It's always better to pay some extra cent and go with a good registrar instead with sav.com and crazydomains.com etc

•••
So many horror stories about this registrar, no wonder it is 'the' cheapest.

•••
It happens all the time.. Edit the title buddy, it's not fair to tarnish their name, when they have done nothing wrong.

Last edited:
•••
The today browsers work as Team Viewer, this is made mostly by the big daddy like Google to spy one everyone and steal their ideas.
I had 2 cases when i was hand registering a pair of new invented never dropped or expiring domains.
They have seen and locked them for registration and because i knew they are watching I told them in the text field of webpage i was on 'if you don't release them now i will tell to everyone what are the domain names', and they have become available to register after some minutes, this was no glitch because no matter what registrar i tried they were not available to register.
Edit: also i consider the registrars gather WHOIS data instantly.

General note to all.

The world doesn't revolve around one person.

And not everything is a grand conspiracy against domainers.

•••
Probably, Sav deposit/credit on Verisign was reached - that's why all orders failed, not just your mentioned .com
Such scenario is very common for young registrars.

•••
The today browsers work as Team Viewer, this is made mostly by the big daddy like Google to spy one everyone and steal their ideas.
I had 2 cases when i was hand registering a pair of new invented never dropped or expiring domains.
They have seen and locked them for registration and because i knew they are watching I told them in the text field of webpage i was on 'if you don't release them now i will tell to everyone what are the domain names', and they have become available to register after some minutes, this was no glitch because no matter what registrar i tried they were not available to register.
Edit: also i consider the registrars gather WHOIS data instantly.

I'm not following you too far with this conspiracy, but I do think that registrars should not use Google Analytics on pages where people search for domain names. At the same time, I think that if you do not register a good domain name right away, your chance is over. We have all experienced that another person registers a domain you had on your wishlist. We're in the same market, and this is part of our profession. It's not even specific to domaining. Try to live with it and build a good portfolio, without seeing bears everywhere.

•••
“When you throw mud at someone else, you not only get your hands dirty, but you lose ground.” - Ravi Zacharias

We heard too many stories here:
Godaddy steal my names
Sedo ban me for no reasons
Afternic refuses to pay me....

Remember NP members are Google experts and they will prove that you are wrong.

•••
(apt install whois)

On RedHat based distros, e.g. CentOS, Fedora, AlmaLinux, Rocky Linux and a couple of others, that would be "yum install whois".

On Arch Linux and its forks use "pacman -S whois".

Without the quotation marks, of course.

OpenSuSE has changed its packaging management software since I last used it, sorry folks, you'll have to look it up. I think they've changed the way yast is used so it doesn't download and install any more, but I could be wrong.

Last edited:
•••
So each registrar has employees waiting for you to search the name and snatch the name from you?
May be someone is watching too much TV and come up with a lot of imagination.

•••
I wouldn't touch them with a bargepole if I was serious.

DNHat is @Josytal's own site. He's a constant on here and he is straight. For anybody who is not familiar with a command line he has posted a good option in my view.

•••
LET EVERYONE AWARE
Haroon

@Haroon Basha -- why did you initially post your slanderous lie as domain industry news?

Zaruz.com dropped yesterday. Anybody watching 5L's from yesterdays drops could have registered it.

What you have done here really is in poor taste.

Yet again another example of a derogatory, borderline slanderous thread title....

This happens time and time again and nothing is done about it.

Why people think they can accuse companies or individuals without providing proof is beyond me....

The OP needs to speak to the Mods and get the title changed...

💯

Anybody who posts threads/titles like this, is too much of a liability to work with. (period)

I don't care how many domains of mine these thread starters want to buy, they will NOT be getting a beta invite to anything I launch.

Further, and maybe this is over the top, but I'd like to know what I can include in my namePros sales threads so I can avoid working with hot head domainers like OP. I mean, some domainers are so over the top demanding or delusional over $10 purchases, that they take all the fun out of wholesaling. #MakeDomainingFunAgain #StopTheMadness

as is, it's fake news.
and it's a reflection on NP, in what is allowed to stand, as is.

it's a serious issue and needs to be addressed.

💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯

Last edited:
•••
@Haroon Basha -- why did you initially post your slanderous lie as domain industry news?

Zaruz.com dropped yesterday. Anybody watching 5L's from yesterdays drops could have registered it.

What you have done here really is in poor taste.

💯

Anybody who posts threads/titles like this, is too much of a liability to work with. (period)

I don't care how many domains of mine these thread starters want to buy, they will NOT be getting a beta invite to anything I launch.

Further, and maybe this is over the top, but I'd like to know what I can include in my namePros sales threads so I can avoid working with hot head domainers like OP. I mean, some domainers are so over the top demanding or delusional over $10 purchases, that they take all the fun out of wholesaling. #MakeDomainingFunAgain #StopTheMadness

💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯
I registered a non drop .com same thing happened money detected and domain not in my account , and trying to pay for an auction I won but there is no way even having a valid payment method.(processing error, note this is same payment I use for all registrar's never ever faced any issue)

All they would do is restrict my account and would refund what I paid after few weeks , definitely this cannot be agreed. Simple feature like pay for an auction you won manually they are not able to provide and restricting geniune buyers, @Nick R comes online everyday but have not replied anything to the issues posted on official thread 5 to 6 days back. Lucy from customer care is just a automated response , I guess she just copy paste the template and doesn't look into the issue.

I agree they are new and even accept all the errors, but customer satisfaction should be their top priority they should have a chat and better support this is worst .

Last edited:
•••
In my experience at this registrar, I can't make a glue records. I have to provide a photo of the credit card used to pay for the domain.
i really confused, this is uncommon practice in domain industry.

then i transfer to dynadot, i can easily registering glue records.

stupid me just because it's cheaper by just a few cents, I sacrificed safety and reliability.

•••
I rarely use sav and zaruz was a good name , I guess someone else might catch it before you , i lost many domains on daily basis like this , to me this is not a registrar mistake, someone else from the world is also going through expireddomains and get it few seconds before you.

If you were not able to catch domain due to sav lazy code or authentications then its really not a good experience.

Last edited:
•••
They ban me for no reason and no response, they operate very shady

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back