IT.COM

Russian Cybersquatter Getting Sued By Daimler-chrysler And Winning!!!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

ugnali

UGNALIEstablished Member
Impact
Russian Domain Owner Getting Sued By Daimler-chrysler And Winning!!!

iVE heard of a Russian CYBERSQUATTER who is getting sued by Daimler-Chrysler for the domain name www.mercedes.ru. Beleive it or not he seems to be winning.
He stated in the courts that it was a name of a former girlfriend from Spain.
Mercedes is actually a name. And if you look at the history of Mercedes-Benz you will see that the company was named after the daughter of one of the founders. And yes you guessed it, her name really was MERCEDES.

I say good look to this Russian guy. LET THE BIG COMPANIES FEEL THE WRATH......

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
And where did you hear this?

Because it is very interesting that a site dedicated to this guy's girlfriend attempts to screw with my network settings.

•••
what do you mean???

by network settings?

•••
I own the domain of my ex wife's name I definitely felt her wrath.

•••
if the guy is winning how is he a cybersquatter?

•••
Mercedes is a very popular Spanish name. It could be true although, it's a big possibility it's not, but who can prove he's lying?

•••
but who can prove he's lying?

Well, let's see... the registrant is the same guy, Denis Gledenov, that had google.ru taken away from him. Don't tell me, let me guess... his other girlfriend is named Google, right?

•••
jberryhill said:
Well, let's see... the registrant is the same guy, Denis Gledenov, that had google.ru taken away from him. Don't tell me, let me guess... his other girlfriend is named Google, right?

lol
:) :)

but we must admit that mercedes is a name.....
as long as he doesn't use it for something related to mercedes-benz i guess he will win....

•••
No he took google because he wanted a share of google's traffic (which was wrong). With mercedes he has a believable excuse for owning it (whether it's true or not is another story). Then again why would someone in Russia claim that their girlfriend was from Spain? And why would you keep the domain if it's your ex-girlfriend and you aren't together anymore?

•••
deu12000 said:
And why would you keep the domain if it's your ex-girlfriend and you aren't together anymore?

People do the craziest things for the most irrational reasons. I can't say the
same for this one, though.

•••
ugnali said:
I say good look to this Russian guy. LET THE BIG COMPANIES FEEL THE WRATH......

johndoberman said:
by network settings?

Interesting. :|

Matching IP addresses (if you've been following some of the latests here in the "Legal Issues" Forum, IMHO):
booksshop 217.10.38.25
johndoberman 217.10.38.25
samdean 217.10.38.25
ugnali 217.10.38.25

B-)

Last edited:
•••
Thanks for pointing that out CoolJeff!

Now i know that my russian forum posts about namepros.com are being read.
I like it here a lot and thank you for this great forum. I tried registering at DNF once but it says there that you have to pay to post there.
I was one of the first Russian domainers to get here. You see, about 800.000 users in Moscow and Moscow state (Moscow is about 15,000,000 living here and over 10,000,000 in upstate) use this I.P. since this is one of the largest ISP here and the cheapest if i may say.Also a lot of International companies use this I.P. for hubs and proxy servers.
TRy to search for this I.P on Yahoo you will see what i mean.

http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=217.10.38.25&sm=Yahoo!+Search&fr=FP-tab-web-t&toggle=1&ei=UTF-8

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back