Domain Empire

RookMedia.net ?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Just got an e-mail from them asking if i want to switch from Sedo to them(parking). Any reviews?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I've been using RookMedia too after seeing reports on above.com where they came in first place for revenue.
Along with Bodis they r the only domain parking companies that can still generate revenue for domain owners.

Voodoo,Internet Traffic and DomainParking.com certainly fit in that category as well.

I have received and know others receiving $10,$20 and $30 clicks.

•••
Wondering why the odd name and quite unusual use of a .net extension instead of the customery dot-com?

•••
Voodoo,Internet Traffic and DomainParking.com certainly fit in that category as well.

I have received and know others receiving $10,$20 and $30 clicks.

Clicks like these are always fun to get, love when it happens ;) Have had them on our platform too. But from a domainer point of view, I am more interested in that the daily earnings are high on a consistent level. This is something I sit down and look at together with my clients primarily. Should a bunch of names happen to overperform at other services, I am happy to find out exactly which ones they are and do the crunching for you.

•••
I have received this email and I guess I will give them a try too.

Also, I would love to see how their parking templates look like.

•••
I have received this email and I guess I will give them a try too.

Also, I would love to see how their parking templates look like.

Cool that you also are giving us a try.

Here are couple of examples of our templates:
furnitureoutlet.com
chicagopizzeria.net
organicgroceronline.com

In case you are interested in more info about our template setting process and the optimization in general:

We constantly rotate and evaluate our banners both on a domain level basis, but also system wide to make sure that you have the most effective banner set.

The drawback is that you can not control what template is set for a domain name (if you really, really want you can drop me a line), with the advantage of knowing that we take care of the optimization for you and that you can benefit from a:b testing based on the whole system wide set of domain, not only your personal portfolio. We have seen that this generates the best conversions for our clients.

•••
Hi Martin. Still no answer from you. I filled the registration few days ago.

•••
Hi Martin. Still no answer from you. I filled the registration few days ago.

Sorry that you had to wait. Your account is active now. Welcome to Rook, thanks for giving us a shot!

•••
Signed up many days ago and still no response...

•••
Thanks Martin. Let's try Rookmedia.

•••
Signed up many days ago and still no response...

Hey Euforia, we have a little backlog of applications to process. We will work through them qas quickly as we can. If you want me to process your application today, you can send me a PM with info about which email you applied with. Thanks.

•••
The drawback is that you can not control what template is set for a domain name (if you really, really want you can drop me a line), with the advantage of knowing that we take care of the optimization for you and that you can benefit from a:b testing based on the whole system wide set of domain, not only your personal portfolio. We have seen that this generates the best conversions for our clients

Haven't understanding that.Could you explain it ?
I have account few month ago and the revenues good,

•••

Why are you responding to the reply which was meant for Euforia? :):)

•••

Happy to hear that you are satisfied with the revenue streams.

What I meant is that our interface does not offer the choice to pick templates for your domains, as is the case with most other parking companies.

This is because we automatically assign the best performing template to each domain based on test results. Over the years we have seen that this way of assigning tempaltes leads to significantly higher revenue numbers for our clients.

•••
•••
•••
I Just added 120 domains , Giving Rook a shot ..

I will update my experience.

•••
RookMedia still spamming

Received another spam from them today:
Hi,

My name is Sebastian Hauser with RookMedia, a domain monetization company.

I see that you’re currently parking with FastPark at the moment, and was wondering whether you would consider trying us out.

I can guarantee that we can show you a significant increase in performance on your portfolio.

Thanks For Your Time,
Sebastian Hauser.
Times are tough it seems :|

•••
Received another spam from them today:

Times are tough it seems :|

Hi Sdsinc, sorry to hear that you got another mail for one of your domains. Last time I asked you to send me your contact details so that I can make sure that we are not mailing you again. Have not received details yet, so unfortunately one of our reps tried again not knowing it to a user who specifically requested not to be contacted. As soon as I have your details I can promise you that we will not get in touch with you again (unless you want us to ;)).

If you PM me your adress details too I will make sure to send you a little xmas gift as a little extra sorry from our side for taking up your time.

•••
I have a better idea. Remove all addresses from your mail list, that you do not have express, prior permission to send to.
Then your problem is solved.

Spamming domainers is unnecessary because they attend the forums and they already know that you exist.

•••
I have a better idea. Remove all addresses from your mail list, that you do not have express, prior permission to send to.

What she said...

•••
I see that you don't like getting these contact attempts and would like to make sure that you will not get them again . Sent you a PM as well to make sure that we put the right email on our black list, but have not heard back from you yet.

The last thing I want to do is to get on your nerves, at the same time we have to continue talking with domain owners (at shows, over mail, on forums, over the phone, etc. etc.) with good domains to stay in business. As soon as I have your details I can make sure that you don't get unwanted mail again.

Spamming domainers is unnecessary because they attend the forums and they already know that you exist.

•••
I see that you don't like getting these contact attempts and would like to make sure that you will not get them again . Sent you a PM as well to make sure that we put the right email on our black list, but have not heard back from you yet.

The last thing I want to do is to get on your nerves, at the same time we have to continue talking with domain owners (at shows, over mail, on forums, over the phone, etc. etc.) with good domains to stay in business. As soon as I have your details I can make sure that you don't get unwanted mail again.

You're missing the point.

You should ALREADY have mailing lists with OPT IN.
You should ALREADY not be sending unsolicited mail.
You CERTAINLY should not be sending unsolicited mail to the same party TWICE.

So you remove SDSINC. What about everyone else?

She's doing you a favor - each violation is potentially a fine up to $16,000. I recommend that you evaluate your mail marketing and harvesting techniques.

You do not want to associate your good name with SPAM. None of this applies if SDSINC previously opted in to you or an affiliate with appropriate legalese etc. but it sounds like this is not the case. Of course you have to talk to domain owners; however, if you harvest whois and sent unsolicited mail you are violating the agreement on whois usage and the LAW on spam. Sending email to existing customers, previous customers, or with relationships you have generated are TOTALLY legit and separate. The opt out there is a courtesy and good practice.

The bottom line is you need to indicated that you're going to do evaluate your ENTIRE contact mechanism. Set high standards, maintain positive brand awareness through POSITIVE channels and the respect you get will unduly go up. No one minds you using DNF, Namepros, meetups to advertise. Get positive people to say how great you are. If you don't understand that SPAM KILLS your reputation making you look desperate AND annoying people that might use you then you are going to have problems continuing in business. You may get the customers who switch parking on a whim trying to constantly maximise who don't care about you - just their bottom line - but I wouldn't build my business catering to these fickle people who are revenue suckers.

•••
Thanks for your feedback. Overall 95% of the recepients of our contact requests have been happy with the offer, but we have 5% of people who do not wish to be contacted. We have to make sure that we do not reach out to this group. After all we are on the same page, as we are only interested in building the brand and making people happy, not unhappy and annoyed.

I will overlook our communication and fine tune it. Have a great weekend everyone. I am quite excited as I am off to St. Anton for some skiing.

You're missing the point.

You should ALREADY have mailing lists with OPT IN.
You should ALREADY not be sending unsolicited mail.
You CERTAINLY should not be sending unsolicited mail to the same party TWICE.

So you remove SDSINC. What about everyone else?

She's doing you a favor - each violation is potentially a fine up to $16,000. I recommend that you evaluate your mail marketing and harvesting techniques.

You do not want to associate your good name with SPAM. None of this applies if SDSINC previously opted in to you or an affiliate with appropriate legalese etc. but it sounds like this is not the case. Of course you have to talk to domain owners; however, if you harvest whois and sent unsolicited mail you are violating the agreement on whois usage and the LAW on spam. Sending email to existing customers, previous customers, or with relationships you have generated are TOTALLY legit and separate. The opt out there is a courtesy and good practice.

The bottom line is you need to indicated that you're going to do evaluate your ENTIRE contact mechanism. Set high standards, maintain positive brand awareness through POSITIVE channels and the respect you get will unduly go up. No one minds you using DNF, Namepros, meetups to advertise. Get positive people to say how great you are. If you don't understand that SPAM KILLS your reputation making you look desperate AND annoying people that might use you then you are going to have problems continuing in business. You may get the customers who switch parking on a whim trying to constantly maximise who don't care about you - just their bottom line - but I wouldn't build my business catering to these fickle people who are revenue suckers.

•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back