Dynadot
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
As a foreigner I've always been interested in American politics because it affects the rest of the world. I've always looked up to American's strong belief in freedom but in the last 10-15 years I notice that the American Mainstream Media (MSM) have taken control of the majority of the population's minds and have decided who should win the candidacy both for the Democrats and Republicans.

And this brainwashing seems to get worse all the time. Three years ago the MSM decided that Obama should be the winner and so they where very biased against Hilary Clinton. Result; The media and Obama won.

Now with the Republican nomination the Media is even worse as they seem to have already chosen Mitt Romney to win. What really amazes me is how the Media has totally ignored Ron Paul who appears to be the 2nd most popular candidate, despite the fact that he is being ignored. Just imagine if they (MSM) were to talk about him; He'd probably be the front runner.

Could this (ignoring Ron Paul) be due to to the fact that the MSM is controlled by Jews and they don't like the fact that Ron Paul has said the he would stop Foreign aid to Israel and the rest of the world. Or are they afraid that Ron Paul has the the best chance of beating Obama, therefore by choosing Romney, Obama will obviously have a better chance to win.

What amazes me is that the media is not even being discreet about ignoring RP. Whatever happened to the unbiased American media that the world so much admired? D-:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
"Obama has a good chance of losing if Gingrich is his opponent."

No, just look at the polls. That Gingrich is even winning any states, illustrates just what a mess the party is. They would have a field day with Gingrich. Some candidates you have to try to dig stuff up on, with him, it's more where should we start, there's just so much to choose from.

Obama vs. Gingrich
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/ep.../general_election_gingrich_vs_obama-1453.html

Obama vs. Romney
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2012/president/us/general_election_romney_vs_obama-1171.html

Big difference. Notice it's the most moderate of all the Republican candidates that has the best shot. That should be some sort of big clue to the Republicans, what I was getting at in my last most. Move more to the middle.

In my humble opinion the US is in dire need of a strong 3rd party. Been needing one for a very long time. But I understand that it's very difficult to form a 3rd party there.

I agree. We have other party's but sometimes when you see them get together, it looks like a freak show sometime or they're not very serious about it themselves. And you need to be well funded to even have a chance.

Last edited:
•••
Who was the candidate that did that?
Hope it wasn't Ozzie - The Amazing Acrobatic Dog !

That was Mitt. Went on a 12 hour ride with his Irish Setter in a crate tied to the roof of his car. Aside from the fact that it's a shockingly unsafe way to transport a living creature and shows poor judgement and a lack of regard for anything except himself, the poor dog was so terrified he completely lost bowel control. Apparently, the Romney family thought that was funny. Mitt stopped at a rest stop, hosed down his car and kept going.

"Obama won't get Hillary to run as VP, and if he keeps Biden, I think Obama will lose against ANY Republican."

I think I heard recently that Hillary is planning to step down from public office, so that's almost guaranteed not to happen. Too bad - I like her and think we'd be in a much better situation had she been nominated and elected president instead of Obama. One very smart cookie who had 8 years to study the office and the supporting players from a front-row seat.

•••
I think I heard recently that Hillary is planning to step down from public office, so that's almost guaranteed not to happen. Too bad - I like her and think we'd be in a much better situation had she been nominated and elected president instead of Obama. One very smart cookie who had 8 years to study the office and the supporting players from a front-row seat.
Yes, I heard her say that she does not want to continue as Secretary of State after the next elections. I don't think she feels that comfortable playing second fiddle to someone she should have beaten if it wasn't for the MSM

3 years ago there was a pretty long thread here at Namepros about the Democratic Primaries, and I also mentioned at the time that the Media was very harsh and biased against Hillary.

I believe she accepted her present position grudgingly. Her lack of enthusiasm when she talks, says it all.

•••
"I don't think she feels that comfortable playing second fiddle to someone she should have beaten if it wasn't for the MSM"

Gotta stop blaming the media for that. Media goes after everybody. The media didn't go after Obama? Birth certificate, ties with radicals, church pastor, is he really a muslim, all kinds of nonsense.

•••
The Main Stream Media (liberal) did NOT go after Obama!
But they did do a job on Hillary, McCain and Palin.

MSM still does not dig into Obama or go after him.

•••
The Main Stream Media (liberal) did NOT go after Obama!
But they did do a job on Hillary, McCain and Palin.

MSM still does not dig into Obama or go after him.

Oh please. I just tapped a few of things they went after Obama on. Dumb stuff at that. They went after Obama a lot more than McCain. Palin probably got it the worst but she deserved it, she was a train wreck. Look back at when Clinton was President, the "liberal" media didn't go after him? I remember stuff on his affairs, bj while in office and that whole spectacle. The media likes stories, attention, viewers, ad dollars, they go after everybody.

"I don't think she feels that comfortable playing second fiddle to someone she should have beaten if it wasn't for the MSM"

Again and I already touched on this earlier. So where was this liberal media and all the power they have to control votes when Bush was in there for 2 terms/8 years? Was the liberal media a big George Bush fan or something? On TV, we have media that lean both ways. Radio, the right pretty much dominate.

Last edited:
•••
The Main Stream Media did do a job on Hillary

Gush at her feet and telling us how brilliant she was is all I remember lol

Palin was just asking for it, see the oprah interview

McCain had zero chance against vibrant Obama. McCain was Bob Dole.2 from day one of that election

•••
Gotta stop blaming the media for that. Media goes after everybody. The media didn't go after Obama? Birth certificate, ties with radicals, church pastor, is he really a muslim, all kinds of nonsense.
Just imagine it it had been the other way round! Hillary would have been crucified, stoned and hung by the MSM without the right to defend herself.

"Again and I already touched on this earlier. So where was this liberal media and all the power they have to control votes when Bush was in there for 2 terms/8 years? Was the liberal media a big George Bush fan or something? On TV, we have media that lean both ways. Radio, the right pretty much dominate."

The Media has progressively gotten worse and more powerful in the last 10-15 years (just as I mentioned in my very first post) Why Bush won I will never understand. I understand it even less when he actually got less votes, nation wide against Gore and still won.

But one thing is for sure; the MSM were not as bad in the first Bush election as they are now! I hope the young generation also start an "Occupy MSM" someday soon.

Last edited:
•••
Just imagine it it had been the other way round! Hillary would have been crucified, stoned and hung by the MSM without the right to defend herself.

What are you even talking about. They all get it. Nobody gets a pass. And you do have a right to defend yourself. You have commercials, debates, interviews any time you want them, etc. Pick any politician out there, Democrat, Republican, Independent, whatever. It would be very easy for me to light this forum up with examples of media going after them. It's what I said above. Viewers = ad dollars. They're going to get the dirt on whoever. And, they're supposed to. I mean, this is the President of the United States. You're going to be the most scrutinized person on the planet. And people tend to gravitate to media that more reflects their views. If you're Republican are you more likely to watch:

Fox

MSNBC

I think we all know the answer to that and vice versa.

Just wanted to add this little side note. It's funny hearing about liberals and liberal media and Obama when you just have to check out the main stream media and - [ame="http://www.google.com/search?q=liberals+not+happy+with+Obama&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a"]liberals not happy with Obama - Google Search[/ame]

news galore on how liberals are unhappy with him. I heard that from the "liberal mainstream media"

Last edited:
•••
Donald Trump still thinking about running as an independent candidate. Its the only chance of there being a non Obama president. Its too late delegate wise for a new GOP entrant. Mitt and Newt cant beat Obama. RP missed the boat.

•••
What are you even talking about. They all get it. Nobody gets a pass. And you do have a right to defend yourself. You have commercials, debates, interviews any time you want them, etc. Pick any politician out there, Democrat, Republican, Independent, whatever. It would be very easy for me to light this forum up with examples of media going after them. It's what I said above. Viewers = ad dollars. They're going to get the dirt on whoever. And, they're supposed to. I mean, this is the President of the United States. You're going to be the most scrutinized person on the planet. And people tend to gravitate to media that more reflects their views. If you're Republican are you more likely to watch:

Fox

MSNBC

I think we all know the answer to that and vice versa.

Just wanted to add this little side note. It's funny hearing about liberals and liberal media and Obama when you just have to check out the main stream media and - liberals not happy with Obama - Google Search

news galore on how liberals are unhappy with him. I heard that from the "liberal mainstream media"
I suppose you're right. Seems that its more important to "get the dirt on whoever" because it gets more "Viewers = ad dollars" as you say. Definitely in need of an "Occupy MSM" urgently.

•••
Also, something else I just thought of. I think it was you or somebody else brought it up earlier, about these media companies being owned by giant corporations, which is true. And which party do big corporations usually favor? The Republican Party, since generally they're for lower taxes on big businesses, so it would be in the media companies best interest to have a Republican in the White House, more money for them.

•••
Also, something else I just thought of. I think it was you or somebody else brought it up earlier, about these media companies being owned by giant corporations, which is true. And which party do big corporations usually favor? The Republican Party, since generally they're for lower taxes on big businesses, so it would be in the media companies best interest to have a Republican in the White House, more money for them.
Seems like both parties are Corporate whores, at least if you are to believe these numbers below:

Top Industries giving money to Congress

http://politics.usnews.com/congress/industries/

Not too much of a difference. Look at Goldman Sachs and other banks as an example:

http://gulagbound.com/25094/romneys...oldman-sachs-morgan-stanley-morgan-chase-etc/

Wasn't Goldman bailed out by Obama? Hmmm....

•••
Obama has a good chance of losing if Gingrich is his opponent.

lol, sorry iowa, ain't gonna happen.... i just watched "ging the nut"'s
speech after losing FL. , what a looney...maybe he should depart right away to his "moon base"

this is getting really interesting lol

cheers

liquid

•••
Dont you luv how america sets up the picking of pressident? lol Its really all over lol Mitt going to be the guy that runs against Obama, and Obama will win. It will be the honorable Obama against the ultra elite 20 million dollar man that ties dogs to his car roof.

Only a 3rd independant candidate will make it interesting (but studys show that will only help Obama)

•••
Only in America do we pick a Miss America from 50 entrants.
And pick a president from a field of two.

Anyways, here is something interest from the WSJ.
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970204652904577192660439187438.html?mod=googlenews_wsj

I tend to stick with certain outlets for the ongoing news about our politicians.

And nope, not fox news as it is right next to msnbc.

The worse thing that has happened to our political field is the okay of super pacs. Thanks to too many who voted that corporations are people, etc.

•••
If your able to not watch television or listen to the media for at least one year you will see all of the above need to be ignored. As all the above work for one entity.

•••

Last edited:
•••
I dont think Nader aware of his candidacy. Nader is unsafe at any speed

The Ross Perot(rich guy willing to spend cash) 3rd canidate would be the only kind that works late in a race

•••

Last edited:
•••
The worse thing that has happened to our political field is the okay of super pacs. Thanks to too many who voted that corporations are people, etc.

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2012/01/31/stephen-colberts-super-pac-raises-over-1-million?hpt=hp_bn13

lol

cheers

liquid

---------- Post added at 01:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:15 AM ----------

I dont think Nader aware of his candidacy. Nader is unsafe at any speed

The Ross Perot(rich guy willing to spend cash) 3rd canidate would be the only kind that works late in a race

how about zuckerberg....! , first he takes over the internet and then he becomes prez...and...he is a jew!!(no no no, nothing against jews here!!,spare your racial remark stuff, remember, it's the"break room") lol

cheers

liquid

---------- Post added at 01:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:19 AM ----------

lol DU, you beat me(only for 3 minutes, needed a cig break before finishing...)...:)

but what would be scary with colbert, hey at least it could be "funny" lol

cheers

liquid

•••
Romney: 'I'm not concerned about the very poor'

AP WASHINGTON - Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney said Wednesday that he's "not concerned about the very poor" because they have an "ample safety net" and he's focused instead on relieving the suffering of middle-class people

I guess there more votes in the middle class than skid row

AMPLESAFETY.NET is available.

•••

Last edited:
•••
i just watched "ging the nut"'s
speech after losing FL. , what a looney...maybe he should depart right away to his "moon base"

What's up with that "moon base" business? That's the sort of thing you'd think someone would say if they were trying NOT to get elected.

•••
"moon base" business: Is just trying to get the star trek convention/big bang theory fans vote. America cant stop jobs leaving the country and Newt wants to put jobs on the moon?

There advantages to manufacturing in a zero gravity state, but still we cant even gas up the space shuttle anymore lol

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back