IT.COM
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
As a foreigner I've always been interested in American politics because it affects the rest of the world. I've always looked up to American's strong belief in freedom but in the last 10-15 years I notice that the American Mainstream Media (MSM) have taken control of the majority of the population's minds and have decided who should win the candidacy both for the Democrats and Republicans.

And this brainwashing seems to get worse all the time. Three years ago the MSM decided that Obama should be the winner and so they where very biased against Hilary Clinton. Result; The media and Obama won.

Now with the Republican nomination the Media is even worse as they seem to have already chosen Mitt Romney to win. What really amazes me is how the Media has totally ignored Ron Paul who appears to be the 2nd most popular candidate, despite the fact that he is being ignored. Just imagine if they (MSM) were to talk about him; He'd probably be the front runner.

Could this (ignoring Ron Paul) be due to to the fact that the MSM is controlled by Jews and they don't like the fact that Ron Paul has said the he would stop Foreign aid to Israel and the rest of the world. Or are they afraid that Ron Paul has the the best chance of beating Obama, therefore by choosing Romney, Obama will obviously have a better chance to win.

What amazes me is that the media is not even being discreet about ignoring RP. Whatever happened to the unbiased American media that the world so much admired? D-:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Ron Paul ignored again in the latest debates. Then finally asked when he was going to drop out. ((D-:))

http://www.infowars.com/ron-paul-ignored-in-gop-debate-once-again/

MSM is now such an obvious tool of the globalist elite's agenda and strategy of appointing "their" (meaning quite literally their) candidate that it's ridiculous.
Completely agree with you. Isn't it amazing that the NBC Moderator asked the audience to keep quiet and not applaud the candidates. Pathetic once again. What are they afraid of; another Gingrich outburst attacking their stupid questions, or the audience reminding the puppet moderator that there is a 4th candidate there (invisible to these MSM clowns) waiting for his chance to give his opinion.

I would love to see Ron Paul do the same with these pathetic MSM puppets exactly what Gingrich did to John King. In fact I would love to see one of the 4 candidates (doesn't matter which one) walk away from the debate after a pathetic non-relevant question.

I continue to believe that these debate moderators should just keep their traps shut and only allow questions from the audience (as long as the audience is not cherry picked by the MSM)

•••
I never expected to find a thread like this on a domain name forum, but I found it very interesting.

I personally think that the reason that the mainstream media ignore Ron Paul is that they honestly believe he is a sideshow and they are trying to cover the main event. Of course, the media treating him like a sideshow helps create, or at least reinforce, the impression among voters that he is a fringe candidate and not to be taken seriously.

•••
I never expected to find a thread like this on a domain name forum, but I found it very interesting.

I personally think that the reason that the mainstream media ignore Ron Paul is that they honestly believe he is a sideshow and they are trying to cover the main event. Of course, the media treating him like a sideshow helps create, or at least reinforce, the impression among voters that he is a fringe candidate and not to be taken seriously.
So what you are saying is that the MSM, which is (correct me if I'm wrong) mostly liberal except for FOX which is Conservative, is manipulating voters not to vote for Ron Paul, but instead to vote on the Republican candidate they most fancy to battle it out with Obama.

So, since the majority of the MSM is Liberal, they are going to try and convince the voters to pick the candidate that has the least chance of beating Obama.

3 years ago the MSM did the same with Hillary and Obama. Their bias against Hillary was more than obvious, but this year with Ron Paul it has gone totally beyond acceptable. Its unfair and undemocratic, and I hope his young supporters go out into the streets and show their disgust.

Its already bad enough having bad candidates, but even worse when you have the MSM trying to force their choice candidate down people's throats.

•••
content removed

Last edited:
•••

Last edited:
•••
The bottom line though is that you continue to spout Ron Paul is ignored but based on what? What the Ron Paul coalition is telling you! How do I know this? Because the only MSM source you have is CNN! You said that yourself.

Perhaps you could discuss Ron Paul's policies and then we would understand what it is we shouldn't be ignoring. I for one would love to tell our military that Ron Paul will not put their lives at risk in foreign wars ! I'd also love to tell them that they will also be rendered unemployed... that they would not be eligible for any special benefits and that their medical needs would be taken care of by private industry.

Lol, it's not hard to see that he is being ignored. He gets almost no time/questions during debates. And you don't have to tell the military anything, they already support Ron Paul.

The reason he is being ignored is obvious... He is the only candidate who actually cares about freedom and the Constitution.

•••
You have yet to give a SINGLE cogent argument as to the merits of a single Ron Paul platform argument. Your entire post is that the MSM has a pro-Israel bias. You have not talked about the ramifications of his fiscal policy, his foreign policy or any policy.
The name of the thread is: RON PAUL - Why is he being ignored?

Only the blind cannot see that the MSM has a pro-Israel bias. I can understand why they are like that. The reason why is just as I said in the very first post. The MSM is controlled by the Jews, who are terrified that Ron Paul may have a good chance of becoming President. I can understand that. If I was a Jew I'd feel exactly the same, especially now with all the turmoil in the Middle East and with some dictators (previously propped up by the US) gone.

But the Media is supposed to inform, to give unbiased news, not choose the candidates and presidents for everyone.

And my point was that one of the fundamental tenets of Ron Paul's platform is that each country should stay out of the affairs of another. I don't need to remind you that Ron Paul has put the root cause of 9-11 firmly at the feet of American foreign policy. His foreign policy would remove ALL foreign aid to ALL countries. His foreign policy would remove all financial contributions to the UN and other bodies like the IMF.
American Foreign policy is highly contested all over the world. Americans are being hated more and more around the world and that's not a good thing for the US, or for the rest of the world.

Contrary to what you may think I'm pro American and pro Israeli. Have always been. Ron Paul makes more sense with his foreign policy than the rest of them combined (and that includes Democrats)

I agree with Ron Paul in stopping foreign aid to everyone.You know why? Because most of that money is used to buying arms, to perpetuate wars and to maintain dictatorships all over the world.

As for the IMF; who cares about them. They are nothing more than a group of powerful, greedy US and European banks who's main intention is to suck the blood out of countries who are in dire need of help. They (IMF) should be extinguished.

My point was that your living in the US for 8 years and feeling some affinity with California doesn't really qualify you much to discuss American affairs (using Ron Paul's criteria). Ron Paul would call that interfering. He would suggest that you would be far better served looking at your own country's policies so that you don't need to seek foreign bailouts in the future (Again). Portugal is one of the PIGS after all.

Ron Paul would be upset that I (a foreigner) am defending his right to be heard? You must be joking surely? :|

Yes you are right about Portugal. Our corrupt Politicians have put us in the shit we are in. But unfortunately its not only us, as most countries are in big debt thanks to their politicians. The US is no different as they are now dependent on China buying US debt... till one day, when they say; ENOUGH.

If I had my way I'd get a cargo ship, place ALL the Portuguese politicians in containers, drop them off in the Antarctica and leave them there for a minimum of 15 years. I think that would be enough time to refresh their ideas.

As for the Portuguese Media, they are by far 1000 times more democratic and fair than the US MSM. They give all political candidates the same amount of time to explain their ideas and perhaps just as important, they ask Intelligent and relevant questions!

Because Europe isn't a country, I guess. But, I suppose that's part of the problem isn't it.
:-/ :-/ :| Sorry, but I tried looking up about "Europe isn't a country" and I just can't find the answer.

Seems more like the type of question that a moderator would ask Ron Paul... irrelevant.

I have not barred you from talking nor has any NP mod. Ron Paul hasn't been censored and ignored - I'm pretty sure that a greater % of voters know he's running and could identify a platform item than they could Rick Santorum.
"RP hasn't been censored and ignored" LOL, thats a good one!

The bottom line though is that you continue to spout Ron Paul is ignored but based on what? What the Ron Paul coalition is telling you! How do I know this? Because the only MSM source you have is CNN! You said that yourself.
Only CNN and the rest I have to scrape from the internet (yahoo, google, NYTimes, Youtube, Politico, Drudge, Huffington etc.) You see I'm forced to look for information because the MSM doesn't give it to me.

Perhaps you could discuss Ron Paul's policies and then we would understand what it is we shouldn't be ignoring. I for one would love to tell our military that Ron Paul will not put their lives at risk in foreign wars ! I'd also love to tell them that they will also be rendered unemployed... that they would not be eligible for any special benefits and that their medical needs would be taken care of by private industry.

How can I discuss Ron Paul's policies when when the MSM keeps ignoring him. The moderators ask stupid irrelevant questions and from what I read or see on the internet and from the 3 debates I've seen on CNN, he gets very little time allocated to him, or he gets asked a stupid question like: "Would you back Newt Gingrich if he were to win the nomination". These moderators are really pathetic. Don't these puppets of the MSM have the balls to make intelligent questions?

The MSM has too much power and they don't have to answer to anyone.

Thanks for listening and not ignoring me. It's appreciated.
No problem. I believe that's called democracy. Something the MSM has forgotten about for some time.

Oh... I don't suppose that the MSM is covering Ralph Nader's proposal to run against Obama much either. I guess that's a conspiracy too....
Is Ralph Nader running against Obama? I have no idea. Is he?
Stupid Liberal Media and Stupid Conservative Media.

NEVER A TRUER WORD SPOKEN. You hit it on the nail. I agree 1000%. Just for this statement alone I'm going to give you a "Like" :tu:

Oh BTW I'm still waiting for some John Stewart vids. He's one of my favorite comedians as I do enjoy watching him a lot and I don't care if he's Jewish or not.

•••
content removed

Last edited:
•••
So what you are saying is that the MSM, which is (correct me if I'm wrong) mostly liberal except for FOX which is Conservative, is manipulating voters not to vote for Ron Paul, but instead to vote on the Republican candidate they most fancy to battle it out with Obama.

No. I am not saying they are manipulating voters at all. I am saying that given the limited air time (and limited attention span of most viewers), they are concentrating their coverage on the ones that the editors/producers/etc believe are the most relevant to the race.

It is not their job to be a publicity machine for every candidate who tosses his hat into the ring.

•••
No. I am not saying they are manipulating voters at all. I am saying that given the limited air time (and limited attention span of most viewers), they are concentrating their coverage on the ones that the editors/producers/etc believe are the most relevant to the race.

It is not their job to be a publicity machine for every candidate who tosses his hat into the ring.
OK, Fair enough.

I just read today that Gingrich will not be on the ballot in 5 states, Virginia, Missouri, Ohio, Tennessee and Illinois meaning a possible 564 delegates that he wont get. Is this true? If it's true then why is the Media concentrating on Newt and Mitt? I also read somewhere that Santorum is also NOT in the ballot in several states

Does this make sense? Has the MSM mentioned this fact (if its true)? Can someone enlighten me as to why the MSM is practically betting on a horse that has a good chance of NOT reaching the finishing line? :-/

•••
I should have put up a The MSM is taken Michele Bachmann and Herb Cain way too Seriously thread long ago.

Look up the press hay day of those two plus throw in a Rick Perry and a "Will Sara Palin Run?" time frame and you will see when RP needed to capture the heart of the american people. He didnt do it. He had a fair chance.

RP couldn't even beat Rick Santorum in SC and it wasn't the medias fault

•••

Last edited:
•••
I'd love to see a Ralph Nader v Ron Paul debate myself.

Me too. Now that's the kind of debate that we can all learn something new. The others are just the "same old, same old"

But how do you get the MSM to put up such a debate? Only when "chickens grow teeth"

•••
RON PAUL - Why is he being ignored?

Because he's not electable.

There are some things he says that I think are spot on but then you read more on his views and he's just out there. And a lot of things he's said would come back to bite him. He's said some racist, homophobic things in the past. Being against the Civil Rights bill, helping out in Katrina, against the Americans With Disabilities Act, against Federal Safety standards, wants to pull out of Nato, U.N. etc. He wants to abolish this and that, thinks the free market will just handle everything (it won't). The government has a function, there are things that don't always work right, so try to fix them. The country would be a straight up mess if he had things his way.

He's also pushing 77 years old. Way too damn old, to have one of the most stressful jobs on this planet.

"but in the last 10-15 years I notice that the American Mainstream Media (MSM) have taken control of the majority of the population's minds and have decided who should win the candidacy both for the Democrats and Republicans."

Also, have to disagree with that a bit. If that was the case, then George Bush wouldn't have had 8 years in the White House, since most (mainly the right) say the media is Democrat leaning, so where was all that brainwashing? I think the media does tend to lean to the left a bit, which is understandable since the left is a little more open to freedom of the press and other freedoms. But it goes both ways, there is press that leans right, like Fox, when you have MSNBC leaning left.

Also, be careful what you ask for. I do agree that they do give Ron Paul a little shaft when it comes to debates but if he was examined more, dug a little deeper, his numbers would go down, not up, just based on some of the things I posted. There is a lot more of that.

Last edited:
•••
I dont think hes being ignored. Hes really a 3rd party independent type of candidate running with the republicans.

[ame="http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/mon-august-15-2011/indecision-2012---corn-polled-edition---ron-paul---the-top-tier"]Indecision 2012 - Corn Polled Edition - Ron Paul & the Top Tier - The Daily Show with Jon Stewart - 08/15/11 - Video Clip | Comedy Central@@AMEPARAM@@http://media.mtvnservices.com/mgid:cms:item:comedycentral.com:394630@@AMEPARAM@@394630[/ame]

:lol:

I don't agree with much that Ron Paul says (really nothing), but I have to give him props for being the only genuine candidate that actually cares about the people and doesn't work for the wealthy/corporations.

•••

Last edited:
•••
FOX only picked to faux right for ratings. If you cant beat CNN go anti CNN. I am sure the producers throw spit balls at the Bill O'Reilly poster when he's not looking.

bill-oreilly-booed.jpg

•••
:lol:

I don't agree with much that Ron Paul says (really nothing), but I have to give him props for being the only genuine candidate that actually cares about the people and doesn't work for the wealthy/corporations.

Nice Video. That just about sums it up about RP and the MSM.

I have to resign myself to the fact that what people really want is to have a lying, corrupt bullshiter in the White House, as long as he/she is electable. Honestly is worthless and obviously a liability in politics. Wishing that the MSM would be fair and just to every candidate is obviously a no no.

I rest my case.

BTW if by chance Gingrich becomes President, will his wife be called Third Lady?

•••
Nice Video. That just about sums it up about RP and the MSM.

I have to resign myself to the fact that what people really want is to have a lying, corrupt bullshiter in the White House, as long as he/she is electable. Honestly is worthless and obviously a liability in politics. Wishing that the MSM would be fair and just to every candidate is obviously a no no.

I rest my case.

BTW if by chance Gingrich becomes President, will his wife be called Third Lady?

Ron Paul isn't any different. You can find stuff like - [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s66bTshO1jM"]Ron Paul Gets Owned by Tim Russert - YouTube[/ame] all day long. Let the free market handle it, well, except when it comes to his own district.

And that Newt is winning any state, shows just how bad it is. It's going to be Obama vs. Romney and Obama will win again. The Republicans don't put up contenders. Look at the last election, somebody yet again too old/retread, somebody who ran before and lost, like Romney. Last election paired up with Sarah Palin. Still can't believe that one, she was just a complete mess.

I think for the Republicans to have a chance in the future, they really need to be moving more to the middle on social issues because the rest of the country slowly are. All you have to do is look at the stats on issues like gay marriage, legalization of marijuana etc. and over the years. American society is getting more ok with it. What is the right going to do? It's going to be a problem for them. It might take a few more lost presidential elections to get it.

Last edited:
•••

Last edited:
•••
they are all crazy...you just have to choose whichever one you feel is the least crazy

•••
Ron Paul isn't any different. You can find stuff like - (Ron Paul Gets Owned by Tim Russert) all day long. Let the free market handle it, well, except when it comes to his own district.
Interesting Video, but explain me something. The Video is 1.58 min. long, and Tim Russert accuses RP for about 1.48 min. while Ron Paul was given a staggering 10 seconds to answer. WOW! 10 whole seconds out of 2 minutes!

It's exactly the same as what is happening in this campaign and in the debates. He is not being given enough time or exposure to advance his ideas to the general public.

I'm actually watching the CNN debate at the moment and one hour after the debate has started I have to admit that this time Wolf Blitzer is being more fair in allocating time to the 4 candidates, even though Mitt and Newt are getting a little more than Santorum and RP, but not too much more. That is fair and just and is the way it should be.

What I find really interesting is that the other three are almost always agreeing with RP in practically everything he says.

And that Newt is winning any state, shows just how bad it is. It's going to be Obama vs. Romney and Obama will win again. The Republicans don't put up contenders. Look at the last election, somebody yet again too old/retread, somebody who ran before and lost, like Romney. Last election paired up with Sarah Palin. Still can't believe that one, she was just a complete mess.

I think for the Republicans to have a chance in the future, they really need to be moving more to the middle on social issues because the rest of the country slowly are. All you have to do is look at the stats on issues like gay marriage, legalization of marijuana etc. and over the years. American society is getting more ok with it. What is the right going to do? It's going to be a problem for them. It might take a few more lost presidential elections to get it.
I agree with you. 330 million Americans, half of which are Republicans and not able to find an exciting candidate to take on Obama is quite amazing.

•••
I'm actually watching the CNN debate at the moment and one hour after the debate has started I have to admit that this time Wolf Blitzer is being more fair in allocating time to the 4 candidates, even though Mitt and Newt are getting a little more than Santorum and RP, but not too much more. That is fair and just and is the way it should be.

cnn was reading your complaints, that's why he got more time yesterday!!

lol

cheers

liquid

•••
•••
cnn was reading your complaints, that's why he got more time yesterday!!

lol

cheers

liquid

Yes, I'm glad that Wolf Blitzer read this thread before the start of the debate. It was definitely a lot fairer this time, though Mitt and Newt still got most of the air time allocated which was spent mostly bickering with each other. Santorum would join in the bickering every now and then, while Ron Paul refused to get into that kind of BS and tried to concentrate on whats important.

Notice how the other candidates look at and all agree with Ron Paul in virtually everything. They know he is right and they respect his knowledge and wisdom. Ron Paul's foreign policy is by far the most sensible of all.

He is so right when he says that the US doesn't need to maintain troops and bases in Japan, S. Korea, Germany and so many other countries, since the cold war and World War II is over. Even his position on Cuba is correct. What on earth can Cuba do to harm the US? Besides good music, great athletes, boxers and baseball players, all they have is great cigars to launch across the Florida keys.

After all, the US has been trading with many communist regimes like China, Vietnam etc as well as dozens of bloody dictatorships all over the world.

RP easily won this debate, but in the post debate with Anderson Cooper and his so called experts, RP is hardly even mentioned (again) which is the norm.

RP had some great answers like his suggestion to send some politicians to Gingrich's "Moon Base". :lol: He forgot to include sending the MSM as well. :D

Now here's a really fascinating pair: Ron Paul & Ralph Nader

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYXVD7uBU2s"]Ron Paul & Ralph Nader: A Libertarian-Progressive Alliance? - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back