Dynadot

status-duplicate Rob Monster bought Namepros without paying a dime.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

johnn

WeSellName.comTop Member
Impact
Many of you like Rob Monster because the information that he posted. But many did not realize that he SPAMS the forums whenever he has a chance.
- Spamming/Promoting his company everywhere
- He also hired a team here and tell them to spam the forums also.
Too much is too much and this needed to be stopped.
- OP asked about Godaddy who is privacy. He inserted an Epik link
https://www.namepros.com/threads/wh...rom-godaddy-to-namesilo.1166442/#post-7531080
And many more:
https://www.namepros.com/threads/what-will-happen-to-our-domains-when-we-die.1167187/#post-7530982

He even inserted a link from Webhostingtalk.com which considers Namepros competitor.
https://www.namepros.com/threads/is...like-in-the-digital-age.1167212/#post-7530874

I don't hate the guy. It's just spamming too much or he may have some mental problems?

NamePros moderator response:

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I for one would rather see a registrar extend the grace period for the current registrant and refund the backorder rather than give it to the guy that backordered just to take his $200. Grace periods are a good thing, if Epik wants to increase it upon request good on them, though I'd prefer it was just longer to begin with I'm not the one who has to pay the registry for the renewal during the grace period.
No arguments there. That's not the point though.

In business, you need to be VERY clear about what your terms and policies are. If you start bending the rules for a select few, it's going to be bad news in the public eye. Rob knows that.

•••
I really suspect Rob hire the Johnn create this thread:xf.grin:, at begining, people is try to talk the topic, but with more post and attenion from the members, this thread become a winning post of Epic, people is talking Epic business...

anyway, I may consider move to epic after all those reading related with epic and Rob, if the price/service is good enough...it do become a promo thread of epic, u see...but nothing wrong....Rob as CEO of Epic, this is part of his job and he is doing well...(I still remember last time he buy whoq here....and I think Epic is really invest technology in this industry...which is quite cool)

btw, I noticed there was a thread blame him related gab and some shooting vedio related, I have no time read that full story, no judge, can someone give me a simple answer, does Rob a racist or not, does he support/like terrorism? just want ensure my money dose not goto wrong place...I just love peace, respect and diversity....

For the record, I don't know @johnn. I wish him well, but he is clearly not an ally. However, I do practice what I preach:

https://www.namepros.com/threads/turning-lemons-into-lemonade.1161776

Last edited:
•••
Just watching Undercover Billionaire on Discovery. This whole thing would make a great series. :)

Regards...jmcc

•••
Actual employee here, joined Epik three weeks ago on this coming Wednesday. Already received two payrolls(feelsweirdman.) Can confirm my day -to-day has shifted entirely towards growing Epik reach, helping folks use Epik, and closing deals for those that want my help.

The shift in my personal mindset has been monumental since I met Rob in June of this year. He has personally coached me for more than three hours via phone and email, on various issues, like my shortsightedness and greed to closing deals too quickly. I joined the team, and within a week I was asked to find ways to add value to my fellow domainers. Came up with a simple question at a Monday morning meeting last week, and boom a new project was born to fill the void we are discussing here today.

Expired domains are our biggest pain point, we need better market solutions to hedge them against the time and resources they require.

I believe Rob is an ally to this community, one that has not existed in such obvious ways. Perhaps this is why so many are critics, which admittedly helps Rob define his craft even more.

•••
I really suspect Rob hire the Johnn create this thread:xf.grin:, at begining, people is try to talk the topic, but with more post and attenion from the members, this thread become a winning post of Epic, people is talking Epic business...

anyway, I may consider move to epic after all those reading related with epic and Rob, if the price/service is good enough...it do become a promo thread of epic, u see...but nothing wrong....Rob as CEO of Epic, this is part of his job and he is doing well...(I still remember last time he buy whoq here....and I think Epic is really invest technology in this industry...which is quite cool)

btw, I noticed there was a thread blame him related gab and some shooting vedio related, I have no time read that full story, no judge, can someone give me a simple answer, does Rob a racist or not, does he support/like terrorism? just want ensure my money dose not goto wrong place...I just love peace, respect and diversity....

make sure you type in ''EPIK.com NOT epic

•••
•••
If you are not satisfied or sense a lack of consistency in "registrar guidelines / business design" (for rules read ICANN and for IP read/take a courses @ WIPO), perhaps you should open your own registrar. In other words, try to study/learn about ... before shouting your own "glued opinion". In any business a new challenge is available every day.

•••
Many of you like Rob Monster because the information that he posted. But many did not realize that he SPAMS the forums whenever he has a chance.
- Spamming/Promoting his company everywhere
- He also hired a team here and tell them to spam the forums also.
Too much is too much and this needed to be stopped.
- OP asked about Godaddy who is privacy. He inserted an Epik link
https://www.namepros.com/threads/wh...rom-godaddy-to-namesilo.1166442/#post-7531080
And many more:
https://www.namepros.com/threads/what-will-happen-to-our-domains-when-we-die.1167187/#post-7530982

He even inserted a link from Webhostingtalk.com which considers Namepros competitor.
https://www.namepros.com/threads/is...like-in-the-digital-age.1167212/#post-7530874

I don't hate the guy. It's just spamming too much or he may have some mental problems?
For you it may sound like spam, but for me and most domainers we consider it as additional information which is valuable..Remember, the more information we get, the better it is for us and the more options we have...If getting extra info/input about something is considered spamming then u might have been brought up the wrong way in school...as far as I know, it's good to have variables in front of you, what u chose to do with it is up to you...Rob is just pointing out additional information on threads which are relevant, and he is proud that Epik solves these problems or atleast provides useful informations.."Extra knowledge doesn't hurt"

•••
Btw - Why do tons of familiar members have "Epik Staff" badges? Are there any requirements that need to be made or can I get staff badges for all my followers as well? - I know Rob is contracting work from various people at the moment but "staff" seems a bit much.

We have hired a lot of folks and are continuing to hire. These are generally full-time staff with Epik email addresses, and who are part of a planned hiring program across regions and products:

https://www.namepros.com/threads/hi...ct-managers-and-executive-leadership.1162639/

We are talking to a lot of folks, notably in emerging markets. Most of these folks already have some knowledge about the company before we talk about a specific role.

However, we have a lot of Epik staff who are badged. That is just transparency. The most active fans are mostly just happy clients. I am not directing them, in case you are wondering.

No issues. Just wondering how I keep seeing Epik Staff badges everywhere and whether these are actual employees.

I would like to know what NamePros definition of "staff" actually is when it comes to a badge.

I would say it really needs to be an employee that draws a paycheck (above minimum wage).

I am not sure contractors or people who have some other sort of compensation arrangement are really "staff".

There are (29) people from Epik listed here -
https://www.namepros.com/members/?type=reps

Brad

Last edited:
•••
According to you and staff, 1% get special treatment based on the number of domains registered at epik. Don’t make me go back and show your old posts. You’ll lose in a second.

Point is, why do you have separate rules for customers? This is why you come off dirty

Its obvious you are super pissed you weren’t able to snatch someone else’s domain. Do you rage at,GoDaddy etc when you don’t get what you want?? Temper tantrum city. And sense of entitlement.

Learn to read. He just said anyone can request an extended renewal period.

•••
I would like to know what NamePros definition of "staff" actually is when it comes to a badge.

I would say it really needs to be an employee that draws a paycheck (above minimum wage).

I am not sure contractors or people who have some other sort of compensation arrangement are really "staff".

There are (29) people from Epik listed here -
https://www.namepros.com/members/?type=reps

Brad

We are paying market salaries in the various markets where folks are located. If you would prefer salaried folks who work for Epik to be stealth, that is easily arranged.

•••
We are paying market salaries in the various markets where folks are located. If you would prefer salaried folks who work for Epik to be stealth, that is easily arranged.

No, I just wanted clarity on what "staff" meant as Epik appears to have a disproportionate amount in comparison to other much larger companies.

Brad

•••
No, I just wanted clarity on what "staff" meant as Epik appears to have a disproportionate amount in comparison to other much larger companies.

Brad

I dont think that they have more staff. Just that more of their staff is active here compared to others. I'd consider this a good thing.

•••
Here’s another “special privilege” given to 100% of NPers who request it—$8.49 backorders. Anyone paying $199 didn’t have their account noted as a NPer. Guess we are all the 1%.

•••

Brad

Right you are.

So, the real question you should be asking is why do Godaddy employees not spend their evenings and weekends trying to help out domainers who are working nights and weekends?

What you will likely find is that they lack a critical ingredient:

https://epik.com/blog/the-give-a-sh*t-factor.html

I am working to build an international team of passionate leaders who make impact and take pride in teaching others to do the same.

Last edited:
•••
Here’s another “special privilege” given to 100% of NPers who request it—$8.49 backorders. Anyone paying $199 didn’t have their account noted as a NPer. Guess we are all the 1%.

The difference being certain customers have up to 15 additional days (if they're allowed 30 days as was the number proposed in a now edited post) to shoot the moon as Rob calls it.

And as referenced by @Keith, some domainers are keenly aware of expired domains. In fact, some expired domains only come on a buyer's radar due to the expiration status. To the point of why the domain liquidation market has potential, due to expired list oversight.

Now that it's pointed out I'm the 1%, because I requested $8.49 backorders,

(a) I wish it was available for all and I despise the fact I had to ask for it

and

(b) if I were to stop my search for a cheap backorder service at epik, I would be sorely disappointed as I have yet to catch a domain with epik, and instead have beat my epik backorders multiple times using a service open to all for $5.95 total per backordered domain ($2.54 cheaper than epik) and I can still transfer my domain to epik after the 60 day lock if I felt epik had my interests first and protected my domain during grace period rather than selling my domain at expired day 16. I mean, why not give the registrant the full amount (or at least as much as other registrars such as GoDaddy or Dynadot) of time to shoot the moon?

Last edited:
•••
There comes a point for most of us where NP is more a place to teach rather than learn, more a place to observe rather than comment, and all of this repetition on how Epik already addresses whatever is being discussed perfectly such that we need look no further, has now multiplied to where there are a couple dozen (maybe more?) marketing clones making these same points all over the forum.

That would be one way to look at it.

But, if I didn't already know what I know, and were in a learning phase, it might be beneficial to hear about why Epik does things best. I am not sold on this, obviously, as I haven't switched over to using anyone's landing pages and maintain my own landing pages on my own website and use escrow.com , but if others are still in the learning phase and need information, then for them, all this marketing might be useful.

For the most part though, I see people commenting above who already have their minds made up.

•••
Is this not simple to understand? Just like us, @Rob Monster is a domainer first before anything else. And just like us, I think he view us as one family from different backgrounds and cultures. If he is creating a business that will benefit domainers, wouldn't it be proper he post it here first?

And come to think of it, he is the only ceo who is ready available to contact when you need to. That should be an advantage.

•••
I am working to build an international team of passionate leaders who make impact and take pride in teaching others to do the same.

I believe that the many programs that you are introducing through Epik have the potential to be of great benefit to domainers and the general public at large provided that you as the CEO of Epik and the creator of all these new programs and services set the right guidelines and rules for the International teams that you are putting together so that they know that they should not lower the level of attention or the quality of service when it comes to taking care of clients who might hold different or even opposing views and beliefs than you or the people that you are delegating authority to and that they should not discriminate against anyone as long as people are playing by the rules.

As far as giving some clients certain preferences I believe that as long as those preferences are clearly indicated on Epik's website then every business is entitled to having a certain number of VIP clients that might get more benefits and perks than what is considered to be standard, provided that the requirements for attaining the status of VIP is clearly indicated on Epik's website and that the VIP status can be attainable by everyone without bias, discrimination, or favoritism once they have met the necessary requirements (such as owning a certain number of domains or perhaps having been part of the original gang of NamePros who have helped and supported Epik along the way with their ideas and input).

IMO

Last edited:
•••
I think there is a disconnect here from people who use Epik services, and others who haven’t.

I was skeptical myself so I tried it out, I transferred a few hundred names there, at between $5.99-$6.99.

I checked a few names, and submitted a domain loan request, one was granted in 15 minutes for $100 per domain, interest free, not due for 8 months.

Next, I had some smaller 3-4 figure sales lined up, I just moved the names to Epik, and put up a for sale lander, and buyers checked out. Funds were immediately available in my masterbucks Wallet/Account for use. I withdrew some via bitcoin, went thru fine, some more thru PayPal went thru fine.

Next I was doing a domain purchase, ran it thru Epik escrow, paid no escrow fees, deal was closed, and completed same day, I used funds sitting in masterbucks account to fund it. The seller withdrew their funds via bitcoin, they were happy with service, and moved some of their own domains there also.

Grace period, yes 15 days is not favourable, but it keeps renewals down, as it comes down to cashflow, and deposits a register has to put up, from my understanding.

As for special treatment, here is the thing, Epik doesn’t treat just the 1%, but pretty much all namepros members like VIP’s, if you have something that is within their reach to correct, or fix, they try to help you out.

Like I said I was skeptical, so instead of taking anyone’s word for it, I just tried a good portion of services out for myself. I have not been disappointed, or delayed at any level of service I have used there to date.

Epik is one of the most liberal options I have seen when it comes to buyer payment options, seller payout options, and domain leasing/financing programs. Nobody forced me to use the service, but I mean from what I see they are listening to what services customers need to be successful in this industry.

All I can tell you, even if you don’t use them often, they can be a good go to service as a second option. I do see a lot of former members here with Epik staff badges, it’s not a bad idea to hire people from within who are passionate about domains.

Last edited:
•••
I think there is a disconnect here from people who use Epik services, and others who haven’t.

I was skeptical myself so I tried it out, I transferred a few hundred names there, at between $5.99-$6.99.

I checked a few names, and submitted a domain loan request, one was granted in 15 minutes for $100 per domain, interest free, not due for 8 months.

Next, I had some smaller 3-4 figure sales lined up, I just moved the names to Epik, and put up a for sale lander, and buyers checked out. Funds were immediately available in my masterbucks Wallet/Account for use. I withdrew some via bitcoin, went thru fine, some more thru PayPal went thru fine.

Next I was doing a domain purchase, ran it thru Epik escrow, paid no escrow fees, deal was closed, and completed same day, I used funds sitting in masterbucks account to fund it. The seller withdrew their funds via bitcoin, they were happy with service, and moved some of their own domains there also.

Grace period, yes 15 days is not favourable, but it keeps renewals down, as it comes down to cashflow, and deposits a register has to put up, from my understanding.

As for special treatment, here is the thing, Epik doesn’t treat just the 1%, but pretty much all namepros members like VIP’s, if you have something that is within their reach to correct, or fix, they try to help you out.

Like I said I was skeptical, so instead of taking anyone’s word for it, I just tried a good portion of services out for myself. I have not been disappointed, or delayed at any level of service I have used there to date.

Epik is one of the most liberal options I have seen when it comes to buyer payment options, seller payout options, and domain leasing/financing programs. Nobody forced me to use the service, but I mean from what I see they are listening to what services customers need to be successful in this industry.

All I can tell you, even if you don’t use them often, they can be a good go to service as a second option. I do see a lot of former members here with Epik staff badges, it’s not a bad idea to hire people from within who are passionate about domains.

Very well said and congrats on your sales!

I've also transferred 100+ domains to epik, and am thrilled with the UI, features, and support.

I'm still not happy about the day 15 thing though.

My hopes are that epik will learn how to manage their funds better, so their finances will allow customers a similar amount of grace renewal time as they've became accustomed to at other registrars. Rather than customers having to pay for epiks lack of financial solvency through shortened grace renewal periods and a process designed to sell your domain by default at expired day 16.

Perhaps the grace renewal period isn't a financial issue? Because if the shortened grace renewal restriction is due to finances, that makes me further question the long term viability of forever registrations.

Last edited:
•••
I don’t think this thread should become now about what’s good and bad about epik, but as far as I know their marketplace is as dead as DAN’s if not deader. On the other hand, DynaDot marketplace sells domains for me regularly and I get weekly offers there although many offers are too low still it’s at least indicative of activity, traffic, from many potential buyers.

Both DynaDot and Epik marketplaces are exclusive - open only to domains registered with them. So you can’t have both.

DynaDot will give you the lowest per domain bulk renewal price possible if you have enough domains with them. You may privately negotiate it even lower. I don’t think Epik can even match it, but if they can, they’d at best be able to match it not beat it.

As far as this free epik escrow, there are a lot of hurdles:
https://www.namepros.com/threads/if...-wasting-time-and-money.1119508/#post-7076570

In the end, it’s like trying to find the ideal best hosting company with the lowest price - there is no such thing. Just as you’ll find with hosting you’ll find with registrars that no one is giving anything away. What you might gain in one area they’re going to take back in another. Superiority in one department doesn’t translate to superiority in another.

Which is why it’s comical really that no matter what thread is posted lately someone from epik comes in to post why epik fits the bill perfectly. Many registrars could come in and make the same argument for different reasons on the same topic. This sort of marketing is a waste of time to those of us who know that each registrar has its own weaknesses and strengths. But for those who are still learning still not clear on what exactly they want or need, these sorts of pitches might hold sway.

Last edited:
•••
First it was TheDomains buying Namepros. Now it is Epik? I really must pay more attention to all these corporate takeoevers. :)

Seriously though, Rob answers questions. There are few registrar CEOs that do that. Haven't seen any favouritism shown by the mods to Rob or Epik either.

Regards...jmcc

John thedomains was never involved in any of this kind of nonsense.

•••
I don’t think this thread should become now about what’s good and bad about epik, but as far as I know their marketplace is as dead as DAN’s if not deader. On the other hand, DynaDot marketplace sells domains for me regularly and I get weekly offers there although many offers are too low still it’s at least indicative of activity, traffic, from many potential buyers.

Both DynaDot and Epik marketplaces are exclusive - open only to domains registered with them. So you can’t have both.

DynaDot will give you the lowest per domain bulk renewal price possible if you have enough domains with them. You may privately negotiate it even lower. I don’t think Epik can even match it, but if they can, they’d at best be able to match it not beat it.

As far as this free epik escrow, there are a lot of hurdles:
https://www.namepros.com/threads/if...-wasting-time-and-money.1119508/#post-7076570

In the end, it’s like trying to find the ideal best hosting company with the lowest price - there is no such thing. Just as you’ll find with hosting you’ll find with registrars that no one is giving anything away. What you might gain in one area they’re going to take back in another. Superiority in one department doesn’t translate to superiority in another.

Which is why it’s comical really that no matter what thread is posted lately someone from epik comes in to post why epik fits the bill perfectly. Many registrars could come in and make the same argument for different reasons on the same topic. This sort of marketing is a waste of time to those of us who know that each registrar has its own weaknesses and strengths. But for those who are still learning still not clear on what exactly they want or need, these sorts of pitches might hold sway.

The bottom line in my opinion is @NamePros @Paul Buonopane @Mod Team Alfa @Mod Team Echo @Mod Team Bravo

Should come in and say what's allowed and what's not and these threads should be done with. Someone posted a thread like this last week and the mods closed it pretty quick, curious as to why this one is allowed open.

The previous two

https://www.namepros.com/threads/namepros-has-been-taken-over.1163986/#post-7500087

https://www.namepros.com/threads/namepros-was-sold-to-epik.1166017/#post-7518998

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back