NameSilo

Ridesharing/Carsharing Domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

marcm

Established Member
Impact
There has been a lot of buzz about driverless/self-driving car domains (rightfully so as that is the near future), but ridesharing / carsharing is exploding right now. I am establishing this forum to allow us to showcase our domains in this niche and to foster a conversation in this community about this niche. Cheers!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
I have these dot coms:

CarSharingNet
CarSharingLoan
CarSharingLease
CarSharingFinance
CarShareInsure
CarShareLoan
CarShareLease
CarShareNet
CarShareNow
DriveOne (plus a US Trademark for DriveOne for car sharing, temporary use,vehicle rental and driving services)

"Drive One" brilliant!

•••
•••
I sold Carpool.net on flippa a few months ago. I see that carpool.com is now for sale there.

•••
I sold Carpool.net on flippa a few months ago. I see that carpool.com is now for sale there.

I just checked flippa... minimum offer being accepted for carpool (.com) right now is 10k!

•••
I just checked flippa... minimum offer being accepted for carpool (.com) right now is 10k!
I sold Carpool.net for $3000

•••
I sold Carpool.net for $3000

Encouraging! According to NameBio:

Carpooling (.it) sold for $19200
Carpooling (.co.uk) sold for $18,450
Carpooling (.org) sold for $18,000

Last edited:
•••
Encouraging! According to NameBio:

Carpooling (.it) sold for $19200
Carpooling (.co.uk) sold for $18,450
Carpooling (.org) sold for $18,000
Yes, I grabbed the .net uber cheap, so I was happy with the flip

•••
•••
I took a punt on ridesharing back in October, but stopped at just a couple names. Still a wide open space, though ridesharing has been around for many years. It seems to be getting a second wind, due to Selfdriving vehicles.

•••
Yes, I grabbed the .net uber cheap, so I was happy with the flip

Congrats! Great sale for the net, and a nice boost for this space, IMO.

•••
I took a punt on ridesharing back in October, but stopped at just a couple names. Still a wide open space, though ridesharing has been around for many years. It seems to be getting a second wind, due to Selfdriving vehicles.

I think the second wind is heavy and blowing all the way to the shore in its own right even independent of driverless vehicles!

•••
Some more investment and government support "wind" going into ridesharing -

The Multibillion-dollar Ridesharing Market Attracts Investors in Europe and North America

(http://www.marketwatch.com/story/th...n-europe-and-north-america-2016-12-12-7203335)

" Investors are racing to claim a stake in the potential multibillion-dollar ridesharing market. Advances in Technology that aid in the adoption of ridesharing, and governmental policy support, such as high-occupancy vehicle (HOV) lanes and toll-fee waivers, are bolstering market evolution. The North American and European ridesharing market will see strong growth, with rideshare operators rolling out new business models to target niche customer segments. And in the European market a fixed ridesharing is expected to dominate by 2025, although dynamic ridesharing is also picking up pace."

•••
I think the second wind is heavy and blowing all the way to the shore in its own right even independent of driverless vehicles!

Agreed. It's popular even without the help of autonomous automobiles, but with that boost, things should really boom.

•••
•••
Some good names here, I would stay away from hyphens, you will burn more than you will ever make.

If anyone is looking to sell some quality .com ones, please PM me, as I can pay quickly if you are needing cash heading into the Christmas season.

•••
Some good names here, I would stay away from hyphens, you will burn more than you will ever make.

If anyone is looking to sell some quality .com ones, please PM me, as I can pay quickly if you are needing cash heading into the Christmas season.

I agree in general for the hyphens but there are some exceptions.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/e-car

In (Automotive Engineering) a car powered by electricity

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/e-

A prefix that stands for “electronic” and refers to information technologies,business, and almost anything connected to or transmitted over theInternet. Some examples of its use include e-business, e-commerce, e-book, and e-mail.

Last edited:
•••
Grabbed RideshareSearch()com today

•••
•••

Well so far in this related niche I sold:

Self-driving Taxi ($2000)

Self-driving Taxis/Cabs & Cab ($1200)

The correct spelling advertised on lots of the big companies cars such as google has been self-driving and also articles have been correctly spelling the self-driving keyword with the hypen.

End users looking to get exact keyword domains might consider the correct spelling of the word.

And things like e-car work as well because again it is grammar correct.

Just my opinion though. Your advice is sound for the most part but where the spelling is correct it can work with end users.

•••
RideShare.work

10 year lockout @ $60

sitting on it for a long time

Last edited:
•••
Well so far in this related niche I sold:

Self-driving Taxi ($2000)

Self-driving Taxis/Cabs & Cab ($1200)

The correct spelling advertised on lots of the big companies cars such as google has been self-driving and also articles have been correctly spelling the self-driving keyword with the hypen.

End users looking to get exact keyword domains might consider the correct spelling of the word.

And things like e-car work as well because again it is grammar correct.

Just my opinion though. Your advice is sound for the most part but where the spelling is correct it can work with end users.

Lol....not even Google seems to have wasted money on those misplaced hyphenate versions. Seems quite telling.

My guess is the buyer of those names will be lucky to resell them. Maybe they'll find a buyer in Germany, or other places where hyphens are popular. I'll be surprised if they find an end-user in the US, IMO.

Edit: congrats again on your sales. You caught lightning in a bottle, IMO.

Last edited:
•••
Lol....not even Google seems to have wasted money on those misplaced hyphenate versions. Seems quite telling.

My guess is the buyer of those names will be lucky to resell them. Maybe they'll find a buyer in Germany, or other places where hyphens are popular. I'll be surprised if they find an end-user in the US, IMO.

Edit: congrats again on your sales. You caught lightning in a bottle, IMO.

Well you could be 100% right.

But companies don't always buy the names they should in the early stages which is suprising. The amount of companies that know technologies are coming before us but end up spending big money at a later date is quite shocking.

I am just saying if the spelling is correct and you do a sensible amount at reg fee then you never know.

I think this one suprisingly sold for $950 with two hyphens lol:

e-car-rentals (.com)

Last edited:
•••
Well you could be right.

I am just saying if the spelling is correct and you do a sensible amount at reg fee then you never know.

I think this one suprisingly sold for $950 with two hyphens lol:

e-car-rentals (.com)

The beautiful thing about domaining is the fact names are subjective. One man's trash is another's treasure. Something that is both a blessing and a curse, depending on how the hammer falls.

Make the money while you can, then on to the next, IMO. Cheers!

•••
The beautiful thing about domaining is the fact names are subjective. One man's trash is another's treasure. Something that is both a blessing and a curse, depending on how the hammer falls.

Make the money while you can, then on to the next, IMO. Cheers!

100% agreed.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back