IT.COM

Ridesharing/Carsharing Domains

NameSilo
Watch

marcm

Established Member
Impact
There has been a lot of buzz about driverless/self-driving car domains (rightfully so as that is the near future), but ridesharing / carsharing is exploding right now. I am establishing this forum to allow us to showcase our domains in this niche and to foster a conversation in this community about this niche. Cheers!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
CarShareCompany - RideHailCompany - RideSharingCompany .coms

•••
Last edited:
•••
Ridehailing - Ridesharing .company

Huge numbers for ride-hailing companies

It’s not all just about Uber anymore.

While money is still bleeding in the ride-hailing industry, millions of dollars are being generated from rides globally, as the companies look to become profitable.

Representatives from Uber’s main rival, Lyft, and China’s massive Didi Chuxing spouted huge growth numbers here Tuesday at theWall Street Journal’s WSJ.D Live conference.

Didi books 20 million rides daily in China, and generated $20 billion worth of rides in September, “which is three times bigger” than what Uber and Lyft did combined in the United States, said Didi President Jean Liu.

Meanwhile, John Zimmer, co-founder of Lyft, said his company drove a record 17 million rides in October — up from 7 million last December, and says business doubled in 2016.

Still, the company has a long ways to go. According to a recent analysis byCertify.com of ground transportation credit card transactions, Lyft had just 4% market share in the third quarter, compared to 48% for Uber, 36% for taxis and 12% for car rental.

According to a recent Survey Monkey study, Uber is valued at $62.5 billion, to Didis $15 billion, and Lyft’s $5.5 billion.

Read more: http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/2016/10/25/huge-numbers-ride-hailing-companies/92727118/

•••
•••
•••
http://www.thestar.com.my/news/nati...to-join-ehailing-service-to-stay-competitive/

Cabbies opting to join e-hailing service to stay competitive

"City cabbies are jumping on the e-hailing service bandwagon in order to compete with ridesharing companies.

Application service provider 2GO executive chairman Tengku Hasmadi Tengku Hashim said it has collaborated with 12 taxi associations and companies, including Big Blue Capital Taxi company, to give taxi drivers a competitive edge.

“The emergence of e-hailing services has affected their income and we are here to help innovate the industry and not leave taxi drivers behind.

“They cannot keep pointing fingers at others, so they need to transform to cope with the customers’ demands,” he told a press conference at the official launch of the 2GO taxi service application here yesterday."

•••
•••
@marcm not yet, feel free to make me one :)

•••
•••
Mercedes-Benz debuts Croove, its own car-sharing network
https://techcrunch.com/2016/12/16/mercedes-benz-debuts-croove-its-own-car-sharing-network/

"It’s become a well-trod refrain, but carmakers are looking at what comes after ownership, and car-sharing between individual owners and renters is one of those models. Mercedes-Benz has begun its own car-share service that adopts that approach –
Croove, a platform that has now launched as a pilot in Munich, Germany.

Croove is pure peer-to-peer car rental model, where renters use an app to make choices about what model, trim level and other options they’re looking for in a car. The app will poll its database of registered vehicle owners in the area and find out what’s available for the time and duration need by the renter, and connect the dots. Mercedes isn’t limiting what kind of cars can be on the platform – it’s available to all makes of cars, with the limitation being that the car is in good condition, and isn’t older than 15 years.

Mercedes-Benz owner Daimler is no stranger to car sharing; the company owns and operates Car2Go, a shared vehicle platform where it offers a fleet of Smart and Mercedes vehicles to members who use them on an as-needed basis and pay only for the time they drive. This is a very different approach, however, and notable for being automaker agnostic..."

•••
New car-sharing program could put charge into NYC's electric-vehicle use

http://www.crainsnewyork.com/articl...m-could-put-charge-into-nycs-electric-vehicle

"Electric vehicles would seem to be a natural fit for New York City. They are emission-free, virtually silent and never need to visit gas stations, which have virtually disappeared from Manhattan. EVs are also ideal for short trips.

But they have not taken off here because they cost more than conventional vehicles, parking is difficult and there are few publicly accessible charging stations. The city is currently grappling with how to install such stations curbside, but inserting infrastructure in tight urban spaces with overlapping departmental jurisdictions takes a while.

A new car-sharing model that recently launched in New York City, however, could put these cars within reach of more people. Residents of two apartment buildings in lower Manhattan now have at their disposal a fleet of BMWs, the majority of which are electric. This pilot program with residential EV car sharing—created by ReachNow, BMW’s premium mobility service—is the first of its kind in North America..."

•••
Advocates say ride-sharing apps could cut down on New Year’s Eve drunk driving

"http://news10.com/2016/12/28/advoca...ould-cut-down-on-new-years-eve-drunk-driving/"

"The push to bring ridesharing to the Capital Region and the rest of Upstate New York continues.

Ahead of the New Year’s holiday weekend, ridesharing advocates say bringing Uber and Lyft to the area could reduce the number of drunk drivers on the roads.

Right now, if you open the Uber app in the Capital Area you get a message telling you Uber is not available in your area. With ridesharing not an option, some people may make the wrong decision and get behind the wheel.

Community leaders came together at Albany City Hall to continue the momentum for getting ridesharing apps like Lyft and Uber passed in Upstate New York."

•••
Couldn't find the thread for SelfDrivingCars. It was somewhere I guess.
I got SelfDrivingCars.co
Got a $950 offer on Afternic n then the seller backed out.
I am interested in selling it but not too cheap.
What should be the realistic price that I can get here or anywhere else? Can wait.

•••
Couldn't find the thread for SelfDrivingCars. It was somewhere I guess.
I got SelfDrivingCars.co
Got a $950 offer on Afternic n then the seller backed out.
I am interested in selling it but not too cheap.
What should be the realistic price that I can get here or anywhere else? Can wait.

Price it as BIN for the same amount, or less, and on to the next, IMO.

2017 should reveal quite a bit as to the future of this niche. Time will tell.

...gl

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
Also grabbed Hailibly in com

•••
We got many in our inventory

arrangeride.com
hovride.com
morerides.com
parkride.com
park-ride.com
rideacab.com
ridealways.com
ridearrangements.com
rideassured.com
rideavail.com
rideryou.com
ridesure.com
smartriders.com

•••
I picked up
Ride-Hailing.com

from the aftermarket. Not much left to handreg of quality.

•••
•••
this really gives me a lot of ideas for similar projects. thanks

•••
Renault-Nissan Alliance announces plans for a self-driving electric car fleet for public and on-demand transportation

Virtually all automakers are currently working on some form of driverless ride-sharing/taxi services. Whether it’s through investments in existing services, like GM with its acquisition and investment in Cruise Automation and Lyft respectively, or through direct development like Tesla with its Autopilot and ‘Tesla Network‘ programs.

Renault and Nissan are the latest automakers to follow with their own effort in the space. The Alliance announced today a partnership with Transdev to develop a public and on-demand transportation service using a self-driving electric car fleet.

They announced the news in a press release today:

“The companies will collaborate to develop a comprehensive, modular transportation system to enable clients to book rides, and mobility operators to monitor and operate self-driving car fleets.”

The program will have a focus on electric vehicles and it will first be tested in Paris with Renault’s all-electric ZOE. The two automakers have been talking about further collaborations especially in new mobility technologies, like a common electric vehicle platform for the next-gen ZOE and LEAF, and this new project is part of that effort.

Read more: https://electrek.co/2017/02/27/renault-nissan-self-driving-electric-car-fleet/

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back