IT.COM

Ridesharing/Carsharing Domains

NameSilo
Watch

marcm

Established Member
Impact
There has been a lot of buzz about driverless/self-driving car domains (rightfully so as that is the near future), but ridesharing / carsharing is exploding right now. I am establishing this forum to allow us to showcase our domains in this niche and to foster a conversation in this community about this niche. Cheers!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The Rinspeed Oasis In Action

For those who can’t watch the video, a basic rundown is that it shows the “average day” in the life of a Rinspeed Oasis owner as they utilize the self-driving car with a foldable steering wheel, extensive windshield displays … and a small garden.

A bit more in the way of description (via our earlier coverage): “One of the potential selling points for self-driving vehicles is that people will be able to become even lazier, and to treat transportation as another opportunity to sit on the couch passively consuming electronic information of one sort of another. The new concept takes this supposition literally, and is outfitted with an actual armchair — as well as a TV and a ‘small garden area.’ There’s also a large solar panel on the roof, so I guess the idea is that you can potentially live in there, and just occasionally take a break at a rest stop for various biological requirements.”

For further background, and also information on some of Rinspeed’s other interesting concept vehicles, see:

https://cleantechnica.com/2016/12/1...mpaign=Feed:+IM-cleantechnica+(CleanTechnica)

•••
Lol....not even Google seems to have wasted money on those misplaced hyphenate versions. Seems quite telling.

My guess is the buyer of those names will be lucky to resell them. Maybe they'll find a buyer in Germany, or other places where hyphens are popular. I'll be surprised if they find an end-user in the US, IMO.

Edit: congrats again on your sales. You caught lightning in a bottle, IMO.

Hate to burst your bubble, but you are wrong there.

Check out the whois records on nic.car/whois for:
- self-driving.car
- self-driving.cars
- self-driving.auto

•••
Well I do hold a couple of hypenated self-driving domains myself in this niche:

Self-driving Rideshare (.com)
Self-driving Carshare (.com)

Not sure the self-driving keyword is needed in the carsharing industry but you never know.

•••
Any thoughts on the following as a brandable for ridesharing?

In (.com) a play on the word "Commute"

Comyute

•••
•••
Google takes on Uber with its own cheaper ridesharing app

Many car-share apps are plays on words like Google's "Waze Rider"

•••
Added:

Ridesharing Cab (s) (.com)
Automated Carpool (.com)

Last edited:
•••
Added:

Ridesharing Cab (s) (.com)
Automated Carpool (.com)

Nice. I wondered how long it would take one of you to grab that. I left it behind back in Oct when I grabbed Taxi.

Van, bus, shuttle, cab, and all the rest were still open, including the plural...well, minus cab/s now. ;)

...gl to us all in this niche.

•••
Nice. I wondered how long it would take one of you to grab that. I left it behind back in Oct when I grabbed Taxi.

Van, bus, shuttle, cab, and all the rest were still open, including the plural...well, minus cab/s now. ;)

...gl to us all in this niche.

Won't suprise you but obviously the first keyword I looked for was Taxi (I knew car would already have been taken).

Great name imo.

Well done mate ;)

Last edited:
•••
Keep pondering whether these were terrible reg's or not. Only did them because I like the brandability of the keyword ride in this niche:

Carsharing Ride (.com)
Carsharing Rides (.com)

•••
Thanks. I was surprised car was available, but not surprising to find the others open. I took taxi and left the rest. After nearly two weeks I finally decided to grab car.

Incidentally, most of the rideshare names are still open...cab, etc. You might want to grab it to protect your investment, IMO.

•••
•••
Self-DrivingApp
Self-Driving .Mobi
Self-Driving .Club

Last edited:
•••
Ok wasn't really sure of the difference between ridehailing and carsharing but found this useful paragraph:

Popular ride-hailing examples in Toronto are taxi cabs and Uber. Examples of ride-sharing would be BlancRide for carpooling or van-pooling. The main differences between hailing and sharing are the former being an immediate, on-demand service while the latter is a transportation alternative that requires a little planning. Pricing is also a key differentiator.

Based on this I reg'd the following because they seemed to make sense:

Ridehailing Taxi (s) .com
Ridehailing Cab (s) .com

•••
Car Ownership Will Disappear In 5 Years' Time - Killed by Car-sharing And Ride-Hailing Services

http://www.newseveryday.com/article...ership-disappear-car-sharing-ride-sharing.htm

"Car ownership is in a decline, and it just might die a natural death in just five years' time. No one would want to pay the high cost of maintaining his own vehicle, not when there are other cheaper alternatives, like car-sharing and ride-sharing services, not to mention self-driving automobiles.

This prediction comes from Greg Bauer whose credentials in leading automotive companies like Tesla, Daimler, and BMV make him a credible expert on the subject. Bauer, who is now poised to launch the car financing start-up called Fair, says that recent ride-hailing platforms like Uber have made a lot of harrassed drivers realize that there are options to owning a vehicle. Maintenance is getting costly, and finding a parking space in the busy city can add to their stress. In the near future, it might be more economical to instead pay for a subscription service that will let you tap into a network where owners 'share' their cars. The business model would be similar to that of AirBnb."

•••
Taxi-hailing.com
Cab-hailing.com

•••
•••
Grabbed almost all of these .coms tonight at $1.25 each (fasthosts). Reminds me of the good old days with the GD .99 promo!

AirportRidesharing
CarShareCo
CarShareSolutions
Commutir
InsantRideShare
InstantRideSharing
MyAirportRideShare
NYCRideSharing.com
OhareRideShare
ORDRideShare
PDXRideShare
RealTimeRideShare
RideShar
RideShareCo
RideShareOhare
RideShareSEA
RideShareSeaTac
RideShareSFO
SEARideShare
SeaTacRideShare
ShareableCab
ShareableCars
ShareableTour
ShareableTours
ShareableVehicle
ShareABull.com
TheAirportRideShare.com
VegasRideSharing.com

Last edited:
•••
Grabbed almost all of these .coms tonight at $1.25 each (fasthosts). Reminds me of the good old days with the GD .99 promo!

AirportRidesharing
CarShareCo
CarShareSolutions
Commutir
InsantRideShare
InstantRideSharing
MyAirportRideShare
OhareRideShare
ORDRideShare
PDXRideShare
RealTimeRideShare
RideShar
RideShareCo
RideShareOhare
RideShareSEA
RideShareSeaTac
RideShareSFO
SEARideShare
SeaTacRideShare
ShareableCab
ShareableCars
ShareableTour
ShareableTours
ShareableVehicle
ShareABull.com
TheAirportRideShare.com
VegasRideSharing.com

Fasthosts? Is it easy to reg there? ;)

•••
•••
•••
•••
CarshareNetwork - CarsharingNetwork - RidehailNetwork - RidehailingNetwork .coms

•••
Just grabbed - PoolCommute / Hailify - com

Last edited:
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back