Dynadot

Revenue calculation

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
[stats removed]

Why is that so little. If you look @ the bolded one its over $5 but the total is way less.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I removed your stats from your post, per Google's TOS. But I saw what you were asking and can answer. The number you are referring to is the "Effective CPM". That is the rate you are earning per thousand impressions.

For example, if you showed 2000 impressions in a day and earned $10, your Effective CPM would be $5 (you earned $5 per 1000, $5 x 2 thousand = 10) Likewise, if you only showed only 100 impressions and earned $.50, your Effective CPM would also be $5 ($5 x 1/10th of a thousand = $.50)

•••
Oh, so thats just if I get 1000 impressions and the total is what my revenue really is right?

•••
Right, you got it. Effective CPM is the rate you're being paid at. Like if I pay you $12 per hour to do a job, and you work for 15 minutes... how much did you earn? $12 is the hourly rate, your actual earnings would be $4.

Google isn't actually paying you at a set rate like that. You're actually receiving income from each individual click. The rate is calculated after the fact, to tell you how much you earned per thousand visitors. The effective CPM is only shown there so you can compare your day to day earning rate, even when your traffic levels vary.

•••
actually, it's $3 RJ
:hehe:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back