IT.COM

various Report Completed Domain Name Sales Here

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

RJ

Domain BuyerTop Member
Impact
This thread is a central location to report domain name sales of any dollar amount.

As much information as you can include about the transaction is welcome, but at a bare minimum please include the domain name(s), the sale price, and whether you were the seller.

Good luck with your sales!

Please use the Like and Thank links on a post to indicate that you like it or are thankful for it being shared.

Do not post only, "great sale" or similar as this doesn't contribute to the thread. (Don't reply for the sole purpose of complimenting.)
  • Tip: Use the Like/Thanks feature instead.

Questions are allowed, but do not post commentary. If you want to discuss or comment on a sale in this thread, quote it and then post it in the following thread instead:

Suggested template (bold details are required):

Domain name:

Sale venue:​
Listing type:​
Listing upgrades:​
Seller:​
Asking price:​
Sale price:​
Purchase venue:​
Purchase price:​
Details:​

Suggested values / explanations:
  • Sale venue: Sold at NamePros, outbound direct, inbound direct, etc.
  • Listing type: Make Offer, Fixed price, Auction, Auction with Buy-It-Now, Reverse auction, etc.
  • Listing upgrades: Premium package, featured listing, etc.
  • Seller: me, a friend, a friend of a friend, a colleague, someone else, unknown, etc.
  • Purchase venue: Where (and the year) the seller purchased the domain name originally.
  • Details: Any additional details about the domain name like how you bought it, how long you had it before it sold, its age, etc.

Examples:

Domain name: ThisDomain.com​
Sale venue: NamePros (2016)​
Listing type: Make offer with Buy-It-Now​
Listing upgrades: Featured listing​
Seller: Me​
Asking price: $950​
Sale price: $830​
Purchase venue: NamePros (2015)​
Purchase price: $25​
Details: Acquired from a reseller. 5 years old domain. Had for 1 year before resold.​

Domain name: ThatDomain.com​
Sale venue: GoDaddy Auctions (2012)​
Listing type: 7-day Public Auction​
Listing upgrades: N/A​
Seller: Someone else​
Asking price: N/A​
Sale price: $60​
Purchase venue: Hand registration (2009)​
Purchase price: $8​
Details: I watched its auction. The auction description said it was hand-registered the same day it dropped (from expiration).​

Important:
  • If you don't want to provide any other information about the sale besides what you've posted, then include "no further details" or "NFD" in your post.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hold time: 7 months
Cost: $10 (backorder)
multiverse.png

•••
Domain: e/Aucti/on/./in
Seller: Me
Sold at: Dan
Listing type: BIN with make offer
Asking price: $10k ($2k min offer)
First offer: $2k
Sale Price: $4k ($3.4k after 15% commission)
Hold time: 10+ years
Purchased for less than $10 here at namepros, as far as I remember.

Considering how the term is used in India, I would not sell it for less than the asking price. But I have been holding this for a very long time now, so decided to let it go. I do believe the buyer (a domain investor, probably a member here too!) has got a good deal for himself. At first I pushed the negotiation to the dan (godaddy) brokerage team. They didn't seem to be very convincing at dealing with the prospective buyer. The price being low also probably played a role in them being a bit lethargic in the negotiation process. Anyway, since I had the most idea about why the domain is valuable, I decided to negotiate with the buyer myself. Buyer moved up to $3k while being in negotiation with the broker, we closed the deal at $4k as I refused to let it go for anything below that.
1681408981932.png

•••
Untitled.png

Another one in the can: (TM)

Sedo BIN, hold time 3 months. Drop reg.

P.S. Phrase not my trademark though... in case you wondered

Last edited:
•••
•••
Just Sold WorldSexGuide. com for $2800.
Sold at gfy. com forum thread.

Bought it for $2300 at godaddy auction.
About 7 months ago.

.org sold for $1900.

I still own .net which I just listed here for sale
Highest offer gets it

•••
opx.xyz

Price: $1120
Venue: SAVs auctions
cost: $45
Hold time: 4 months

I m aware that this sale is public (namebio).
I just wanted to inform you all that this was a legit sale, not involving any shady conspiracy to boost .xyz.
I already cashed out the money!

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    101.9 KB · Views: 98
•••
Sales still coming in....

Untitled.png

Afternic BIN, hold time 1 year, 9 months. Bought it at closeouts. Misspell but a reasonably decent one.

Similar story to some of the recent sales. Was approaching end of life and I didn't want to renew it ... again.

( Lost count of the sales total these days, but it's a very good thing to have that problem; good luck everyone as well )

P.S. I have acquired better names lately so I am still not getting enough fat trim.

•••
sold today

P r o - H a n d y . c o m

$1,000 via Afternic, BIN
Hand reg with Epik
Hold time 11 months

1681528013724.png

Last edited:
•••
Phoenix//Scienc /e in KIng
Afternic: $499 BIN

Bought it for $1 netsol 2019. Transferred it until it sold this dinnertime.

It's a meh sail. As a Geo, science is probably very rarely available. So not sure why it took 4 years to sell.

It was expiring recently and i let it hit grace period... then transferred out. So maybe the spammers did the marketing... i dunno.
1681533512816.png

Last edited:
•••
Yep... still incoming:

Untitled.png

Dynadot marketplace BIN sale. Full price was $2999.
Hold time 1 year + 2 weeks. Originally captured at drop.

Guess someone was watching for it, and saw it has been renewed... and then they lost patience and hit the buy button. I definitely appreciate their gesture.

Also - note, this is a domain that I would never discount , but only increase price over time. I think you know why. They got it rather cheap now but I'm happy still, have plenty of more stuff to sell, so wishing them good luck in their biz.

P.S. You can no longer get domains of this quality at drop in 2023, in case you wondered.

•••
dfkella erjkswdop.png

I'm using Sedo landers, hence the 25% commission. Afternic BIN. Hold time: 7 months.

Last edited:
•••
Domain Name: magi.app

Sale venue: Dan
Listing type: Buy Now
Listed price: $1,995
Sale price: $1,995
Purchase venue: Docky
Purchase price: $99
Hold Time: 16 months

•••
Jet Bit dot com

I obtained this name from Namepros a little over a year ago; many people had offered me $100, $300, $800...
but I made up my mind not selling at those prices

I sold today for $25000. I am thinking the buyer is a crypto end user?

Screen Shot 2023-04-18 at 11.40.12 PM.png

•••
Hand reg 2020-06
Sold $110

Screenshot_20230419-235830-073.png

Last edited:
•••
Keep'em coming...!

Untitled.png

Afternic BIN, hold time almost 2 years. Drop reg.

I guess 2 years back not so many were interested in this....

Kinda underpriced by accident, but I'll have it, taking it to the bank.

More to follow I guess.

•••
And a smaller one that just popped in,

Untitled.png

Sedo BIN, hold time 4 months. Drop reg.

I was kind of fond of this one. Nicely sounding, generic 5-letters. But I also have several others in the pack and don't want it to grow into an entire farm. I'm on a diet with this stuff, wanna get slimmer.

After pricing below $1k, it sold shortly.

My gut tells me someone has been watching it, perhaps ever since it dropped.

P.S. Why are so few others reporting sales here lately? Is it that slow?
Drop me a comment in the discuss thread if you want and tag me there (not here!), thanks and good luck with your sales

Edit: I just realized why I can't go below 5k names no matter what. I buy less, but I renew more, so it stays about the same. Dammit.

Last edited:
•••
Another one in the can,

Untitled.png

Afternic BIN, hold time 10 months. Drop reg.

Now this might be a fine domain, worth 4-fig, and I know it. But I haven't been that much in love with it (didn't expect to sell fast) and therefore decided to flip it before renewal which was due in couple months. I do have too many in this category, want to keep better ones and not just in price but also in estimated STR (kinda meh for this one by my estimation).

Dropped the price from $1.5k to $499, and then one hour later it sold. Go figure.

(buyer must be happy for a sweet deal)

•••
•••
•••
1682264949659.png

(Sold for ~$325) Got it in 2021 for ~$50 + 1 renewal. Buyer came via Sedo (BIN) lander so only 10% commission. Didn't plan to keep it longer so i lowered its pricing and i'm happy with the sale which pays the renewals for lots of other names.

Last edited:
•••
1682304389979.png

Bought January 17, 2022 for $11 plus registration at GD Expired Domains. One more renewal.

Total cost: $35
Hold time: 15 months

Sold April 14th Afternic Fast Transfer for $1888 BIN.
Received $1604 after 15% commission.

Buyer made a $250 offer, which was my minimum. AN rep emailed to ask me to confirm my floor and BIN. I just told them to keep it what it was--1888 BIN and 1688 Floor. A day later it was bought and transferred for the BIN.

This was over a weekend, got the payout on Monday through PayPal.

No issues with process. Quick and easy.

•••
Untitled.png

EOL discount sale. Afternic BIN, hold time 11 months. Closeouts purchase ( $5 + $9 reg fee ).

This is indeed a well sounding domain, but the triple "l" there turned bothersome to me over time.

Had just one month remaining and decided to flip it. Sold within hours after repricing to $299.

•••
Emberfox.com
Sale Price: $440
Venue: Afternic BIN
Hold time: 3 months
Cost: $9.83 (Handreg)

•••
Candyshop .xyz

Sale Price: $488
Venue: Afternic BIN
Hold time: 15 months
Cost: $18.88 (drop+renewal)

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    98.3 KB · Views: 82
•••
🎉NiftyBridge.com
🎉Sale venue: Afternic
🎉Listing type: Buy it Now
🎉Listed price: $4,888
🎉Sale price: $4,500
🎉Purchase price: Hand Reg.
🎉Hold Time: 3 years

Attachments

• aLWNB.jpg
    aLWNB.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 118
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back