Domain Empire

various Report Completed Domain Name Sales Here

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

RJ

Domain BuyerTop Member
Impact
This thread is a central location to report domain name sales of any dollar amount.

As much information as you can include about the transaction is welcome, but at a bare minimum please include the domain name(s), the sale price, and whether you were the seller.

Good luck with your sales!

Please use the Like and Thank links on a post to indicate that you like it or are thankful for it being shared.

Do not post only, "great sale" or similar as this doesn't contribute to the thread. (Don't reply for the sole purpose of complimenting.)
  • Tip: Use the Like/Thanks feature instead.

Questions are allowed, but do not post commentary. If you want to discuss or comment on a sale in this thread, quote it and then post it in the following thread instead:

Suggested template (bold details are required):

Domain name:

Sale venue:​
Listing type:​
Listing upgrades:​
Seller:​
Asking price:​
Sale price:​
Purchase venue:​
Purchase price:​
Details:​

Suggested values / explanations:
  • Sale venue: Sold at NamePros, outbound direct, inbound direct, etc.
  • Listing type: Make Offer, Fixed price, Auction, Auction with Buy-It-Now, Reverse auction, etc.
  • Listing upgrades: Premium package, featured listing, etc.
  • Seller: me, a friend, a friend of a friend, a colleague, someone else, unknown, etc.
  • Purchase venue: Where (and the year) the seller purchased the domain name originally.
  • Details: Any additional details about the domain name like how you bought it, how long you had it before it sold, its age, etc.

Examples:

Domain name: ThisDomain.com​
Sale venue: NamePros (2016)​
Listing type: Make offer with Buy-It-Now​
Listing upgrades: Featured listing​
Seller: Me​
Asking price: $950​
Sale price: $830​
Purchase venue: NamePros (2015)​
Purchase price: $25​
Details: Acquired from a reseller. 5 years old domain. Had for 1 year before resold.​

Domain name: ThatDomain.com​
Sale venue: GoDaddy Auctions (2012)​
Listing type: 7-day Public Auction​
Listing upgrades: N/A​
Seller: Someone else​
Asking price: N/A​
Sale price: $60​
Purchase venue: Hand registration (2009)​
Purchase price: $8​
Details: I watched its auction. The auction description said it was hand-registered the same day it dropped (from expiration).​

Important:
  • If you don't want to provide any other information about the sale besides what you've posted, then include "no further details" or "NFD" in your post.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Good morning everyone from Europe,

Untitled.png

The can is still providing.

Afternic BIN, hold time 1 year + 9 months. Hand reg.

I hand regged a bunch of similar domains a couple years ago, sort of like an experiment mostly. Since none has sold so far, I've dropped the price, don't want to renew them for yet another year. Somebody liked this (not a bad one), but it might also be used for redirect to .io domain etc (typical usage).

•••
Handreg in 2nd year . Inbound, P2Ecommerce.com sold on Dan for $500

Attachments

• p2ecommerce.png
    p2ecommerce.png
    59 KB · Views: 201
•••
AirKerala.com sold for (Dh1M) $270K
source

•••
Reg year: 2014
Sale type: BIN
Hold time: 9 years
Total holding cost: Around $150
Proceeds after DAN commission: $849.15

1682762232318.png

Last edited:
•••
Sold a few months ago...
Handreg. in 2020
Holding time ~1.5 year

politchat.JPG

Last edited:
•••
Reg year: 2010
Hold time: 3 months
Total holding cost: Around $14
Sales location: Dan
About yesterday, I lowered the BIN to $120 and sold it within 24 hours
This domain name was obtained by me at an expired auction earlier this year
wwww.png

•••
I sold this name in late February 2023, getting around to reporting it now (also reported and on NameBio).
It was a non-negotiated inbound BIN at Dan where the lander was pointed (so 15% commission).
I had picked the name up in Aug 2022 when it was allowed to drop (thank you ExpiredDomains!).
I liked the name a lot, and immediately registered it through 2026, planning to keep if necessary many years.
I saw name as a positive and very flexible brand vessel, with many use possibilities.
So far the buyer has not done anything with name.
It is just the 17th highest sale in .cc in 2023 so far according to NameBio, but the highest price English word in .cc so far this year. It was my highest .cc sale yet.
No further information please (or contact me by DM).
reboundCCr.png

•••
Made my first domain sale yesterday. Was listed at 1k as I wasn't sure if I was going to renew. Acquired for $14 as discount backorder in October 2022.

Screenshot 2023-05-01 at 14-24-01 New offer - Awroo.com - steverichardgomez@gmail.com - Gmail.png

•••
Sold some time Back
rankparrot.com
Price: $360 BIN
Date 24/12/20
Purchase: Hand Reg
Hold Time: 1.8 Years
Sales Loc: Afternic

•••
C l a s s D e c o r .com $1,500 (payout $975)
Squadhelp
Cost: $30
Hold time: 2 years

I S L A M Y .com $5,000 (payout $4,000)
GoDaddy auction
Cost: $1,000
Hold time: 9 years

•••
SOLD Al-Insan. com $299

Reg year: 2023
Hold time: 4 months
Total holding cost: Around $7.88
Sales location: Dan

AL.jpg

Last edited:
•••
ClockWork.xyz sold for $79888 @DAN.COM
Mezzanine.xyz sold for $7995 @Sedo
Meanwhile.xyz sold for $6500 @Escrow.com

No further details please. Thanks.

•••
dns.png

.com hand reg. 2017-06
.xyz hand reg. 2 days before sold

NFD
Regards

Last edited:
•••
E n t r o p y .WTF $199
Dan
Cost: $2.76 (hand reg at sav)
Hold time: 1 month

•••
N e m o . vc

Venue : Dan
Lander: Afternic ( ns3.ns4 )
Sale price : 1400 USD
Hold time : 1 year and 4 months

1683316828309.png

Negotiated, interesting fact the offer came via Dan while nameservers were pointed elsewhere.

•••
I tried the Twiki method of lowering prices to make sails. i guess it may or may not have worked:
Bit / achi in king
Got it via Dynadot promo $5.99 apri 2019.
It was on BP, some seller tried to buy it for $50 - $80 i don't remember, but he flaked and no one else wanted to resell-buy it because they got scared that he flaked (on the BP slack at the time)...
I loved it though. I'm into crypto and Hitachi is a super big brand in JP and also someone's name in Naruto and actually a normal JP name... Bitachi is like the coolest spin on that because of "Bit."
So i kept it via transferring.
It sold just a few mins ago for $1,999.
Original price was around like $5,999 on DAN or i think higher than that maybe 8k...
BP went down, as many of you know, when they stopped being selective and let anyone list... so the "BP accepted" became meaningless.
So I took it off BP, put it on DAN on apr 27... for $1,999. BIN'd today. So I'd say there's a correlation between the price lowerage and it selling.
Anyway that's it.
1683334782232.png

•••
Butter dot Finance
Sale Price: $500
Venue: Sedo
1 year hold (with the first year discount) although it was fairly close to exp. and Sedo made me renew it first :/

Lil's pay the bills

•••
1683358178559.png

Bought February '21 at GoDaddy Closeout for $12, plus registration and 2 renewals. About $40 total cost.

Sold April 29th AN FT $1688. 15% commission because landers were at AN. No negotiations, they clicked BIN.
Payout $1435. Sale was on Saturday, payout on Monday. No issues with any aspect of the sale.

Not bad for a 3 word. No previous interest or offers before the sale.

•••
** Sold BIN three days ago , handreg on august 2021 .
** Server was pointed to squadhep for standard listing, So deducted commission was 25% .

1683482904630.png

1683484375347.png

.​

Last edited:
•••
Food dot Finance
Sale Price: $200
Venue: Afternc

Lil's pay the bills!

•••
Hi all,

Payment received and the domain is with the buyer

1683652446727.png

Background on this sale:
The domain was bought for less than $15 at auction end of Feb 2023. The buyer reached out to me immediately after I won the domain advising they were the only other bidder and had been unable to place another bid after I did because there was very little time left in the auction but that they would like to purchase it from me. After a couple of emails, they offered $200.

I advised I would accept $500 however they were adamant that they would not pay more than $200 and felt this was fair as they knew I had just acquired the name for under $15.

I bought the name with the intention of adding it to SH or BB as I am working to increase my portfolio on each. The name was subsequently rejected from both marketplaces.

After 2 months went by without contact I reached out to the buyer at the weekend advising I would accept $200 and imported the lead to Dan which they accepted.

I'm trying to learn every chance I get to improve as a domainer so I'd really appreciate people giving their thoughts on the above, how would you have handled this situation? Can you see any obvious errors on my part?

As this forum is for reporting sales only please direct message me instead of replying here.

As an aside to the above I have had 1 other sale which I will report after the buyer makes the final payment (currently I have received 4 out of 6)

Best regards
Scott

•••
Crypto88 (dawt) com

38k at Sedo, 8-10 days ago

Thermowood (dawt) com

7800 at DAN, 30-50 days ago

Last edited:
•••
Retail (dot) WTF
$199 @ Dan (Afternic)
Cost: $2.76 (hand reg at sav)
Hold time: 2 months

Attachments

• retail.png
    retail.png
    126.1 KB · Views: 106
•••
web3/playground .com

Sold for $2588 BIN
Hand reg, hold time 27 days.
inbound sale

full story here
twitter link
IMG_8421.jpeg

•••
AtlasDigital *US
Sales Venue: Afternic
Sales Price:$500
Negotiated from $999 BIN to $500, 75 day hold

Happy with sale and can roll into better names and start to scale, been away from domains for four or five months, getting back into it. I had done outbound two days ago on this name, then next morning received AN opening offer of $200, got them to go up to $500 and I accepted. Short hold time and move onto more sales.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back