NameSilo

various Report Completed Domain Name Sales Here

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

RJ

Domain BuyerTop Member
Impact
This thread is a central location to report domain name sales of any dollar amount.

As much information as you can include about the transaction is welcome, but at a bare minimum please include the domain name(s), the sale price, and whether you were the seller.

Good luck with your sales!

Please use the Like and Thank links on a post to indicate that you like it or are thankful for it being shared.

Do not post only, "great sale" or similar as this doesn't contribute to the thread. (Don't reply for the sole purpose of complimenting.)
  • Tip: Use the Like/Thanks feature instead.

Questions are allowed, but do not post commentary. If you want to discuss or comment on a sale in this thread, quote it and then post it in the following thread instead:

Suggested template (bold details are required):

Domain name:

Sale venue:​
Listing type:​
Listing upgrades:​
Seller:​
Asking price:​
Sale price:​
Purchase venue:​
Purchase price:​
Details:​

Suggested values / explanations:
  • Sale venue: Sold at NamePros, outbound direct, inbound direct, etc.
  • Listing type: Make Offer, Fixed price, Auction, Auction with Buy-It-Now, Reverse auction, etc.
  • Listing upgrades: Premium package, featured listing, etc.
  • Seller: me, a friend, a friend of a friend, a colleague, someone else, unknown, etc.
  • Purchase venue: Where (and the year) the seller purchased the domain name originally.
  • Details: Any additional details about the domain name like how you bought it, how long you had it before it sold, its age, etc.

Examples:

Domain name: ThisDomain.com​
Sale venue: NamePros (2016)​
Listing type: Make offer with Buy-It-Now​
Listing upgrades: Featured listing​
Seller: Me​
Asking price: $950​
Sale price: $830​
Purchase venue: NamePros (2015)​
Purchase price: $25​
Details: Acquired from a reseller. 5 years old domain. Had for 1 year before resold.​

Domain name: ThatDomain.com​
Sale venue: GoDaddy Auctions (2012)​
Listing type: 7-day Public Auction​
Listing upgrades: N/A​
Seller: Someone else​
Asking price: N/A​
Sale price: $60​
Purchase venue: Hand registration (2009)​
Purchase price: $8​
Details: I watched its auction. The auction description said it was hand-registered the same day it dropped (from expiration).​

Important:
  • If you don't want to provide any other information about the sale besides what you've posted, then include "no further details" or "NFD" in your post.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hodler.net $5654 on Sedo

backordered on Snapnames for $79 a year ago

Last edited:
•••
Capture d’écran 2022-09-27 222729.jpg

Purchased for $54
hold time: 15 Days
Outbound

•••
I was the seller of ESGStandards//dotcom for $4999 At Afternic. Posted Afternic NS5/NS6 lander as BIN.

Netted $3999 after commission. Sale closed last week. Purchased as a hand-reg for about $8.95 on Sept. 4, 2021.

•••
•••
2800 bin
2015 $30 here at NP, + 7y renewals hold
IMG_20220928_101647.jpg

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
SOLD

Hand reg
Venue: Afternic
Sale price: $2995
Hold time: 1 year

w.jpg

•••
Inbound sale, buyer is an enduser from India. I believed #BUIDL would be a strong niche. That was the reason i renewed this domain name

hold time 17 months
handreg
Screen Shot 2022-09-28 at 11.15.37 PM.png

Last edited:
•••
Domain name: Meta // Yuan // (dot) // com
Sale venue: Afternic Negotiated (Sep 22, 2022)
Lander: DAN
Listing type: BIN
Asking price: USD 5,688 on Afternic
Sale price: USD 4,500
Afternic Fees: 20%
Purchase venue: Porkbun (Apr 2021)
Purchase price: USD 8.58
Details: while listed as BIN only, an offer came in through Afternic broker, starting at 50% of BIN. Deal accepted after 4 rounds at 80% of BIN price. My "Meta" sales are still going strong, this is #6 for me (2 in 2021, and 4 in 2022), totalling around 36k USD. All handregs.

Last edited:
•••
Domain name: Snowbell // (dot) // xyz
Sale venue: Afternic Manual Transfer (Sep 27, 2022)
Lander: DAN
Listing type: BIN
Asking price: EUR 499 on DAN / USD 570 on Afternic
Sale price: USD 570
Afternic Fees: 20%
Purchase venue: Porkbun (Mar 2022)
Purchase price: USD 0.98
Details: hold time 6 months

•••
Had bought this at Blackhat forum for 250 in 2017-2018 sold for 4200 euro in feb 2021 which was almost $5K in those days. Wanted to get quick btc hence sold for less than initial expectation.
20220929_034415.jpg

•••
Drop reg, hold time 5 weeks, sold for $4199 gross, net $2941. no further details.

1664453533548.png

•••
pf_sold.jpg

Sold: Afternic, negotiated
Hold time: 13 Months
Lander: offer DAN

Cost: Dropcatch $471+ renewal
Details: When I acquired the name I initially listed it for 7.5k BIN at Dan before changing to offer. I set a minimum at afternic of 2k and a 3k offer came in. I never had any intention of selling it that low but I lowered my expectation a bit and responded 6.5k BIN. Buyer came up to 5k, which was my floor price and I told agent to close the deal.

My portfolio size is about 250 atm. I've gone over 300 domains only once.

No further info.

Last edited:
•••
yo.PNG

Sold @ Afternic (BIN)
Purchased for $165 at Dynadot expired auction
Hold time 10 months

tradable.PNG

Sold @ Afternic (BIN)
Purchased for $1 at NameCheap (hand reg)
Hold time 10 months

•••
pay_sold.jpg

Sold: Afternic, negotiated
Hold time: 14 Months
Lander: offer DAN
Cost: $14 + 2 renewals, Namesilo expired auction (namesilo adds a renewal to every winning auction).

Details: When I acquired the name I had a value of 3.5k in mind and stuck to it. A month ago had an offer of 500 come in through afternic. That didn't go anywhere so I upped the min to 1k. Same buyer came back with 1k min offer. I responded with the same bin (through email to agent) as before and this time it sold.

Very lucky with these back to back sales, especially with the economic conditions. Dry spell incoming now... lol

No further info.

•••
Untitled.png

Sedo BIN, hold time 1.5 years. Drop reg. Sold via the Sedo network, 20% commision applies.

Note: Last month my Sedo sales have went better than Afternic. Although all my landers are also pointing at Afternic.

In the past I was getting close to no sales at Sedo. Now I'm getting constant 4-fig sales at Sedo.

What's going on.

Last edited:
•••
Show attachment 224196

Sedo BIN, hold time 1.5 years. Drop reg. Sold via the Sedo network, 20% commision applies.

Note: Last month my Sedo sales have went better than Afternic. Although all my landers are also pointing at Afternic.

In the past I was getting close to no sales at Sedo. Now I'm getting constant 4-fig sales at Sedo.

What's going on.

If you check which partner, you'll most likely see NameCheap for 80%+ of those. Before NC and GD debacle, Namecheap sales would go to Afternic. Now, Namecheap checks for Sedo feed first and will go to Afternic feed only Sedo doesn't have the same sale. So for sellers there is no incremental change.

•••
onfan_sold.jpg

2021 Sale
Sold: Squadhelp, outright purchase
Hold time: 23 Months
Cost: $50 + 2 renewals. Dynadot expired auction. I was the only bidder - I guess dynadot algo also saw some value in it and priced it like that.

Details: I knew the prefix "only" was an ok word for sales along with it being similar to the site that really popularized "only" so I took a chance. My initial thoughts weren't an adult theme for it though but gaming, sci-fi, ect.

I submitted to SH initially but it was rejected. My valuation wasn't all that high after that and I prob was starving for a sale too so I listed it for $500 on my ebay store. Not sure how long I had it up but it was prob 3-6 months. Had some watchers but glad no one bought it. I had it on DAN lander for a while too. At some point I reevaluated it and submitted to SH again and on second try they accepted.

Sold pretty quickly after being accepted - like a month or two. Nameservers still point to SH.

No further info.

Last edited:
•••
Sold web/three/summit(dot)com for $475 BIN / Afternic

•••
accountish.png

Sale venue: Brandpa
Sale price: $300, $225 payout after fees
Hold time: 620 days
Purchase venue: DropCatch
Purchase price: $10 + one renewal

•••
flipteq.png

Sale venue: Dan
Sale price: $150, $136.50 payout after fees
Hold time: 208 days
Purchase venue: Godaddy handreg
Purchase price: $10

•••
1664905940862.png

Sale venue: Afternic (lander was Brandpa)
Sale price: $495, $396 payout after fees
Hold time: 760 days
Purchase venue: Godaddy auctions or expired domains
Purchase price: $17 + two renewals

1664906066295.png

Sale venue: Afternic (lander was Dan)
Sale price: $288, $230 payout after fees
Hold time: 217 days
Purchase venue: Godaddy handreg
Purchase price: $10

•••
T o p - B a r . c o m

$1,200 Who is contact, inbound
Hand reg, hold time 4 months
It took almost a month to close the deal
Thank you to Nicole Li from Epik for handling this sale

{Initially I received a request from a person working for register . it
I asked Epik to help with this request as I was not sure if it was real interest or fake}
1664934441179.png

Last edited:
•••
made my first sale at sedo for $5000 including sedo comm
crypto related domain. crypto .casa

Payment request created for buyer:​

Sep/14/22​

Payment took place into my bank:​

Sep/29/22
Hold time: 1.5 years

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back