Dynadot

various Report Completed Domain Name Sales Here

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

RJ

Domain BuyerTop Member
Impact
This thread is a central location to report domain name sales of any dollar amount.

As much information as you can include about the transaction is welcome, but at a bare minimum please include the domain name(s), the sale price, and whether you were the seller.

Good luck with your sales!

Please use the Like and Thank links on a post to indicate that you like it or are thankful for it being shared.

Do not post only, "great sale" or similar as this doesn't contribute to the thread. (Don't reply for the sole purpose of complimenting.)
  • Tip: Use the Like/Thanks feature instead.

Questions are allowed, but do not post commentary. If you want to discuss or comment on a sale in this thread, quote it and then post it in the following thread instead:

Suggested template (bold details are required):

Domain name:

Sale venue:​
Listing type:​
Listing upgrades:​
Seller:​
Asking price:​
Sale price:​
Purchase venue:​
Purchase price:​
Details:​

Suggested values / explanations:
  • Sale venue: Sold at NamePros, outbound direct, inbound direct, etc.
  • Listing type: Make Offer, Fixed price, Auction, Auction with Buy-It-Now, Reverse auction, etc.
  • Listing upgrades: Premium package, featured listing, etc.
  • Seller: me, a friend, a friend of a friend, a colleague, someone else, unknown, etc.
  • Purchase venue: Where (and the year) the seller purchased the domain name originally.
  • Details: Any additional details about the domain name like how you bought it, how long you had it before it sold, its age, etc.

Examples:

Domain name: ThisDomain.com​
Sale venue: NamePros (2016)​
Listing type: Make offer with Buy-It-Now​
Listing upgrades: Featured listing​
Seller: Me​
Asking price: $950​
Sale price: $830​
Purchase venue: NamePros (2015)​
Purchase price: $25​
Details: Acquired from a reseller. 5 years old domain. Had for 1 year before resold.​

Domain name: ThatDomain.com​
Sale venue: GoDaddy Auctions (2012)​
Listing type: 7-day Public Auction​
Listing upgrades: N/A​
Seller: Someone else​
Asking price: N/A​
Sale price: $60​
Purchase venue: Hand registration (2009)​
Purchase price: $8​
Details: I watched its auction. The auction description said it was hand-registered the same day it dropped (from expiration).​

Important:
  • If you don't want to provide any other information about the sale besides what you've posted, then include "no further details" or "NFD" in your post.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
worg.co.uk - £500 - Sedo
Was it Sedo buy now or make offer? Any further details on this co.uk sale very grateful. Cheers.

•••
Untitled.png

Another one just popped in, seems a good day.

Afternic BIN, hold time 11 months (decreased price because expiry approaching). Drop reg.

Edit: Note, this domain is actually reversed

Last edited:
•••
1641367085512.png

DAN inbound make offer. Started @ $500 over a year ago then they went quiet and said they couldn't go over $2k. I had a couple of other offers in the meantime so wasn't going to drop that far at any time. Same person came back today and finalised at $3,300.
I bought this domain on NP for $4 + 2 renewals.

•••
Venue: DAN
Inbound BIN @ $888
Hodl time: 1 year and 11 days
Acquisition cost: $2.85 (handreg) + $11.28 (one renewal)

Not many .asia sales around. I had a lower price on this for a long time but after I renewed the domain I thought $888 was reasonable. Maybe I could have added a 1 in front. Not unhappy with the sale anyway.

hodllasiaa.png

Last edited:
•••
Hi - My first sale ! Thank you all so much for your help and advice, greatly appreciated.

We are so lucky to have this forum with so many helpful members.

Hand reg Namecheap $9.96- October 2021, Afternic fast transfer , NS5,NS6 DNS
- Buy now. $1488

A Twiki post in September suggested prices and I have used them. Before that my bin prices have been up and down like a yoyo. I have tried Dan and Sedo (still use Dan) but no joy at all but its nice to see the views on Dan.

===========
We have just sent you $1,190.40 for the sale of metagiftshop.com.
Thank you for using Afternic and we look forward to your next sale!
Thank you,
Afternic Transaction Assurance Team
===========
cheers
Bob

•••
Untitled.png

Afternic BIN, hold time 11 months. Drop reg.

---

Edit: Another one that just came in:

Untitled.png

Afternic BIN, hold time 4 months. Drop reg.

Reduced from $2488 and it sold after a few days.

Side note I'm having a great year start with good sales of all prices, big and small.

Last edited:
•••
1641475281661.png

• Bought 12/28 at GoDaddy Closeout for $11 plus $9 registration. Total cost: $20.
  • Hit my account on 1/1/22
  • Got $200 offer on 1/4.
  • I countered with the BIN of $988.
  • Accepted and paid out within a day.
  • Push to Dan account at GoDaddy.
  • received $899 after Dan 9% fee
  • Hold time about 3 days

I think it's a good name and was surprised that it lasted all the way down to $11 at closeout. I think that I could have gotten more, but with a turnaround like that, I'll take what I got for the reinvestment.

•••
IMG_20220106_143415.jpg

My first 4-figure sale!

Happened 30 minutes into 2022.

HT: About 6 months.

Spotted on ED, then backordered through Dynadot.

Listed on SH mid-September

Last edited:
•••
Show attachment 207503

My first 4-figure sale!

Happened 30 minutes into 2022.

HT: About 6 months.

Spotted on ED, then backordered through Dynadot.

Listed on SH mid-September
Congratulations... I saw it today under the dashboard... This is truly an inspiration...

•••
Sorry, posted by accident, cannot delete my message.
So let's me post my most recent sale, even though it's been in Spring 2021 - Sexypedia.com for $999. Purchased for $99, hold time around 1.5 years, inbound buyer asked for price, I said $1,999, no response for 3 days, I said $999, accepted.

Last edited:
•••
Hello everyone.
I haven't visited this forum in years. I own successful construction business so not in to domain industry as much but came here to tell about my recent domain that has been sold.
Domain name: forym (dot) com
Sold on afternic for $2745
Happy New Years to everyone

•••
Well, was trying to hold out but :xf.wink: I had to sell. Mostly because I have too many domains for my current income to sustain renewals... and also the name has bad connotations in Japan...

O/T///aku Clu/// b (KING).
Venue: Dan
Sale price: $501

The word "otaku" is only cool in the Western anime/manga/eroge world. But being in JAmerica, I thought that otaku was always cool :joyful:. Turns out that my IG friends told me that Otaku is like the equivalent of super loser loner perv in the Japanese culture...

I bought it from @Beezy for $30 pre-pandemic. Few transfer-renewals. I got some offers (maybe less than 4) between $50 to $100, nothing over $100.

Initial offer from this buyer was $100. Countered $999, he said no. Few days or 1 week later he came back with $400, countered with $501.

I had a bodis lander so all inquires came from email. I finished the sale via DAN's brokerage 5% commission.

Buyer didn't pay right away, and he seemed like he was having money troubles cuz he wanted to do installments but paypal wouldn't let him.

I felt bad, so I explained that the domain has a negative connotation in the capital of anime, but he said he knew and didn't mind because he was going to market to the Western World.

He then told me he and his partner were going to make an NFT marketplace or something.

Lesson learned: about 100% of my domains sold last year and this year were crypto-related... :wideyed: even this anime domain! NFTs are most likely going to boom in every field..

•••
Sedo Lander but sold via Afternic
ConnectFi (org) BIN $500
Reg in Jun.2021

Yugogo (com) Sedo BIN $69
Domain just expired this month (was going to let it drop). Can’t remember where I got this. Held around 2 years.

Attachments

• 87F5B17B-84E7-401C-98DF-3D3E6C805928.jpeg
    87F5B17B-84E7-401C-98DF-3D3E6C805928.jpeg
    88.8 KB · Views: 77
  • 8182DDCE-4CE1-4160-B19D-6802575FA8C8.jpeg
    8182DDCE-4CE1-4160-B19D-6802575FA8C8.jpeg
    123.4 KB · Views: 73
•••
Chimney//io
Handreg
Sale price: $6,000
Make offer
Hold time: 4 years
Sale Venue: Dan

•••
Sold ShibaMask dot com for $1080.

Handreg May 2021.

Buyer offered sale amount via Dan, I countered about 6x, buyer rejected and went silent..

I gave in because I wanted to secure first sale of the year so accepted the initial offer. Plus I'd rather have the sale than be greedy for more..

Also I'm pretty shit at negotiation as evidenced so didn't bother trying. I could have definitely got more if I didn't counter as high as I did and was patient..

I still have ShibMask dot com and may offer it to the same buyer..

Was inspired to reg this based on metamask. I also have dogemask dot com but will hodl that one..

•••
Untitled.png

Discount / end of life sale (negotiated down from 280).

Afternic make offer via broker, hold time 11 months. Drop reg.

•••
i/j/a/c/k/p/o/t/s (.com)
Sold for $800 at Dan
Purchased $5 at GD closeout (2015)
Fastest payment received from Dan (just 3 hrs after domain transfer)

1641678018374.png

•••
•••
H/e/m/p/F/o/r/e/x(com)
Sold for $1500 at Sedo
Handreg (2018) + 3 renewals
Payment received after 4 days

1641747920508.png

•••
Sold - A I V A T A R // O R G
Price: $499 BIN
Venue: Afternic
Hold time: 2 months

•••
E-Organics. com BIN $199
Reg in May, 2021, Sedo lander
Reduced prices for all my (e/i-oneword.com) to $199 just 2-3 days ago then got this sale!

Attachments

• E2547EDB-44BA-4D29-8538-687F3065F9FE.jpeg
    E2547EDB-44BA-4D29-8538-687F3065F9FE.jpeg
    81.9 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
•••
D/e/f/i/j/o/y .com
Sales Venue: Afternic Fast Transfer
Sales Price: $150
Cost: <$10

Cleaning up garbage and reduced to $150 and sold, first sale of the year, has been slow last few weeks, hope Jan picks up.

No further details.

•••
TogetherWeLearn:glasses:com
Sale price: $1988
Afternic BIN
Purchased for around $79
Held a year and a half

•••
Kindred.xyz sold for $27888 @Afternic
Accredited.xyz sold for $9888 @DAN.COM
Strider.xyz sold for $7888 @Afternic
Antimatter.xyz sold for $2995 @Afternic
BlockHouse.xyz sold for $2995 @Afternic

No further details please. Thank you.

•••
arenaNFTS//com
sale price : $188
DAN BIN
Handreg last year

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back