IT.COM

various Report Completed Domain Name Sales Here

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

RJ

Domain BuyerTop Member
Impact
This thread is a central location to report domain name sales of any dollar amount.

As much information as you can include about the transaction is welcome, but at a bare minimum please include the domain name(s), the sale price, and whether you were the seller.

Good luck with your sales!

Please use the Like and Thank links on a post to indicate that you like it or are thankful for it being shared.

Do not post only, "great sale" or similar as this doesn't contribute to the thread. (Don't reply for the sole purpose of complimenting.)
  • Tip: Use the Like/Thanks feature instead.

Questions are allowed, but do not post commentary. If you want to discuss or comment on a sale in this thread, quote it and then post it in the following thread instead:

Suggested template (bold details are required):

Domain name:

Sale venue:​
Listing type:​
Listing upgrades:​
Seller:​
Asking price:​
Sale price:​
Purchase venue:​
Purchase price:​
Details:​

Suggested values / explanations:
  • Sale venue: Sold at NamePros, outbound direct, inbound direct, etc.
  • Listing type: Make Offer, Fixed price, Auction, Auction with Buy-It-Now, Reverse auction, etc.
  • Listing upgrades: Premium package, featured listing, etc.
  • Seller: me, a friend, a friend of a friend, a colleague, someone else, unknown, etc.
  • Purchase venue: Where (and the year) the seller purchased the domain name originally.
  • Details: Any additional details about the domain name like how you bought it, how long you had it before it sold, its age, etc.

Examples:

Domain name: ThisDomain.com​
Sale venue: NamePros (2016)​
Listing type: Make offer with Buy-It-Now​
Listing upgrades: Featured listing​
Seller: Me​
Asking price: $950​
Sale price: $830​
Purchase venue: NamePros (2015)​
Purchase price: $25​
Details: Acquired from a reseller. 5 years old domain. Had for 1 year before resold.​

Domain name: ThatDomain.com​
Sale venue: GoDaddy Auctions (2012)​
Listing type: 7-day Public Auction​
Listing upgrades: N/A​
Seller: Someone else​
Asking price: N/A​
Sale price: $60​
Purchase venue: Hand registration (2009)​
Purchase price: $8​
Details: I watched its auction. The auction description said it was hand-registered the same day it dropped (from expiration).​

Important:
  • If you don't want to provide any other information about the sale besides what you've posted, then include "no further details" or "NFD" in your post.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
T/h/e/B/o/x/./l/i/v/e
Sale price: $888
Purchase price: reg fee
Afternic BIN - no outbound (had Afternic ns5/ns6 sales lander)
Hold time: 6 months
No further details!

•••
sold septic//system/.co for $1299

Venue : Afternic
Hold time : 15 days
Handreg

1641924576517.png

•••
•••
•••
At end of December I had my first significant .xyz retail sale.
name: v / a / n / a . x y z
price: $1288
venue: Alter
inbound BIN

The name was created in summer 2019, but I acquired it in a NameLiquidate auction in August 2021. I renewed once then, plus added one year more.
I had name listed multiple places, but buyer went with where lander was, Alter.
The name was probably under-priced -- I was just starting to reprice .xyz when sale came through.
The whole process from notification through transfer to payout to my PayPal was fast (<24hr).
I see that the name is already in use, less than 2 weeks after sale.

***Please do not share this sale outside this thread, or refer to name in this thread without masking -- thank you!***

•••
At end of December I had my first significant .xyz retail sale.
name: v / a / n / a . x y z
price: $1288
venue: Alter
inbound BIN

The name was created in summer 2019, but I acquired it in a NameLiquidate auction in August 2021. I renewed once then, plus added one year more.
I had name listed multiple places, but buyer went with where lander was, Alter.
The name was probably under-priced -- I was just starting to reprice .xyz when sale came through.
The whole process from notification through transfer to payout to my PayPal was fast (<24hr).
I see that the name is already in use, less than 2 weeks after sale.

***Please do not share this sale outside this thread, or refer to name in this thread without masking -- thank you!***
if you dont mind, can you tell us if you had professional alter logo for this domain or just the normal text logo?

•••
if you dont mind, can you tell us if you had professional alter logo for this domain or just the normal text logo?
I just had a basic logo that I chose the color and font but nothing else. I think a logo does help, and am using some proceeds to buy a few Alter logo for names I plan to keep long term. This is my second Alter sale, and both were just basic logo though .

•••
I just had a basic logo that I chose the color and font but nothing else. I think a logo does help, and am using some proceeds to buy a few Alter logo for names I plan to keep long term. This is my second Alter sale, and both were just basic logo though .
Cheers Bob. I too think that names with logo are advertised in the front pages. I was thinking the same for mine also!

•••
Small one.....

Sold - best//diet//plans//co
Price: $100 Offer
Venue: Dan
Hold time: 3 months
Purchased: Epik $1.89

•••
sold at Sedo negotiations end of December
t /e/s/t/e/r/y - in king for $9800
hold time 4-5 year

•••
Sold - s/e/c/u/r/e/d/s/i/g/n.com
Price: $3200
Received: $2960 (amount transferred in half a day. Impressed!)
Venue: SquadHelp
Hold time: approx. 4 yrs.

No further details. Thanks.

•••
1642095697559.png

I should have priced this one for more, by the way a sale is a sale. Buyer made a great deal.

Standard reg, hold time 10 months.

*** Please avoid sharing this sale on other places. This is the gentlemen's agreement beneath this thread ***

•••
Qyi.xyz $415 Dan. Hold time less than a week

•••
1642111522466.png

Lander at Sedo but sold at Afternic
Handreg $3.98 promo
Hold time: 1 year (just few days before expiration)
Took 6 days for Afternic to release payment.

•••
Last edited:
•••
MetaBoom (.) Org
Handreg
Sold: 488$
Hold Time: 3 months
Venue: Afternic fast transfer

Lander was at DAN with 300$ BIN.
This is my First ever .org sale and first ever afternic sale. I have sold domains 99.9% of the times via DAN landers but never via AN.

Last edited:
•••
My first sales.
music//metaverse/.xyz for $600

Venue : Afternic
Hold time : 12 days
Handreg

Thanks to all Guru in this forum.

•••
car.de.com
Hand reg namecheap
no renreal
sedo BIn 233 USD

•••
cpc.xyz
Sav auction 135$
hand reg preimum 99$
around a month

•••
P a p y r u s . x y z

- sold for $1,400 via GoDaddy/Efty/Dan
- standard registration with GoDaddy
- two renewals

Buyer contacted via GoDaddy form and provided me with my older Efty screenshot with BIN price. Dan took care of this transfer. On other platforms I had higher listing price though. Buyer seemed to work on papyrus project before, from LinkedIn account I think I found out.

1642220729708.png

Last edited:
•••
Buyer contacted via GoDaddy form and provided me with my older Efty screenshot with BIN price. Dan took care of this transfer. On other platforms I had higher listing price though.

Good sale!
Only reply for this: "other platforms I had higher listing price though"
In Dan you pay 9% fee correct? In future similar sale, speak with the buyer and go to Sedo Broker, only 3% fee if sell out of Sedo landing page.

•••
Good sale!
Only reply for this: "other platforms I had higher listing price though"
In Dan you pay 9% fee correct? In future similar sale, speak with the buyer and go to Sedo Broker, only 3% fee if sell out of Sedo landing page.
One of the reasons why platforms charge extortinate fees for selling domains. Sell where the lead came from. Price accordingly.

Last edited:
•••
Jxu.xyz $500 through Dan.
Hold time less than a week

DCE2BD18-5A1F-4377-AB40-A4E089CB071F.jpeg

•••
My first SH sale (portfolio size 56). Drop reg last summer, sold for $2799 minus 30% commission.
no further details

1642338468953.png

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back