Dynadot

various Report Completed Domain Name Sales Here

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

RJ

Domain BuyerTop Member
Impact
This thread is a central location to report domain name sales of any dollar amount.

As much information as you can include about the transaction is welcome, but at a bare minimum please include the domain name(s), the sale price, and whether you were the seller.

Good luck with your sales!

Please use the Like and Thank links on a post to indicate that you like it or are thankful for it being shared.

Do not post only, "great sale" or similar as this doesn't contribute to the thread. (Don't reply for the sole purpose of complimenting.)
  • Tip: Use the Like/Thanks feature instead.

Questions are allowed, but do not post commentary. If you want to discuss or comment on a sale in this thread, quote it and then post it in the following thread instead:

Suggested template (bold details are required):

Domain name:

Sale venue:​
Listing type:​
Listing upgrades:​
Seller:​
Asking price:​
Sale price:​
Purchase venue:​
Purchase price:​
Details:​

Suggested values / explanations:
  • Sale venue: Sold at NamePros, outbound direct, inbound direct, etc.
  • Listing type: Make Offer, Fixed price, Auction, Auction with Buy-It-Now, Reverse auction, etc.
  • Listing upgrades: Premium package, featured listing, etc.
  • Seller: me, a friend, a friend of a friend, a colleague, someone else, unknown, etc.
  • Purchase venue: Where (and the year) the seller purchased the domain name originally.
  • Details: Any additional details about the domain name like how you bought it, how long you had it before it sold, its age, etc.

Examples:

Domain name: ThisDomain.com​
Sale venue: NamePros (2016)​
Listing type: Make offer with Buy-It-Now​
Listing upgrades: Featured listing​
Seller: Me​
Asking price: $950​
Sale price: $830​
Purchase venue: NamePros (2015)​
Purchase price: $25​
Details: Acquired from a reseller. 5 years old domain. Had for 1 year before resold.​

Domain name: ThatDomain.com​
Sale venue: GoDaddy Auctions (2012)​
Listing type: 7-day Public Auction​
Listing upgrades: N/A​
Seller: Someone else​
Asking price: N/A​
Sale price: $60​
Purchase venue: Hand registration (2009)​
Purchase price: $8​
Details: I watched its auction. The auction description said it was hand-registered the same day it dropped (from expiration).​

Important:
  • If you don't want to provide any other information about the sale besides what you've posted, then include "no further details" or "NFD" in your post.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
K/e/v/e/l//.co.uk
Sold for $200 at Dan
Handreg Nov 2020

•••
Domain name: bgpsec // (dot) // net
Sale venue: Afternic DLS fast transfer (May 22, 2021)
Lander: DNS to Afternic (NS5/NS6 new BIN landers)
Listing type: BIN on Afternic
Asking price: USD 1,499 BIN
Sale price: USD 1,499
Afternic Fees: 20%
Purchase venue: Godaddy (Oct 2006)
Purchase price: normal reg fees for .NET
Details: hold time <15 years
Note: I never do any outbound

•••
Registered in last november 2020 at connect reseller for 90 inr (around 1.25$)
Sold after one month in december 2020 for around 250$
20210523_025505.jpg

•••
Why you are getting out of .orgs?Are you not optimistic about the future of org?

I prefer to focus on .coms at this point. Orgs have worked, but I have much more "power" with .coms for now. Less risky.

•••
•••
Normally, a sales rate greater than 2% is definitely excellent. If you have a lot of such names, I think it is easy to lose money cause end users may not be able to find them, but $280 is too expensive for domain investors,they will not buy them. Selling to end users shouldn’t be $280, you don’t know which name will be sold. The above are just personal opinions and may be wrong.

Some users get a 6% to 10% sales rate with such pricing tiers, me included.

•••
Untitled.png

Epik Marketplace sale. Hand reg, hold time 8 months.

Note - I'm alright with the price for this domain (22 tlds regged btw, but only the .net seems to be developed)

•••
my 3rd Inbound Afternic sale in 2021
Hold time: 5 months
Purchase Price: $9
no further details

upload_2021-5-23_14-47-33.png

•••
Screenshot_20210523-140156~2.jpg

Hand 🖐️ Reg'd in 2017
Hold Time: 4 yrs
Sold for $599
Sale Venue: Afternic DLS Network, Inbound BIN // nameservers were set to DAN w/Make Offer.

•••
Couple to report. Both sales came same week.

ESGLeader.com
$1050.00 No Commission - Inbound Offer. (Bodis landing page inquiry. Buyer assisted by DomainAgents.com via Escrow.com) Hand reg'd. Owned 1 yr.

ESGVerify.com $831.00 BIN Afternic Fast Transfer (minus 20% commission-Net $664.80) Hand reg'd. Owned 1 yr.

Last edited:
•••
s/t/o/r/k///p/h/o/t/o/./c/o/m Sold $400
Venue : sedo.com
Purchase price : $11
Hold time : 3 months

•••
•••
•••
WildGamble - $1800, BIN on Afternic

•••
Hold time- 1 Year
Purchase: $30
Sale Price: $4999
F6889382-5802-42B2-AD8D-02516EE955D8.png

Last edited:
•••
Untitled.png

Afternic BIN, without fast transfer. Drop reg, hold time 3 months.

Still don't know what they will use it for... figured it's probably for code. This was one of those cases where you don't know the niche exactly but like it, you're 100% sure it will sell fast, and it did.

•••
Show attachment 191172

Afternic BIN, without fast transfer. Drop reg, hold time 3 months.

Still don't know what they will use it for... figured it's probably for code. This was one of those cases where you don't know the niche exactly but like it, you're 100% sure it will sell fast, and it did.

It was a very good name and bargain deal if the buyer is the end-user.

It is a brandable domain adding code + digger just like a golddigger

Also Co + Digger two distinct and meaningful dictionary words. Digging here could also be like mining now just imagine crypto mining or data mining :)

Last edited:
•••
•••
Smart/NFT .io - Sold for $3,995 at Afternic only 22 days after I hand registered it :)

•••
It was a very good name and bargain deal if the buyer is the end-user.

It is a brandable domain adding code + digger just like a golddigger

Also Co + Digger two distinct and meaningful dictionary words. Digging here could also be like mining now just imagine crypto mining or data mining :)

I don't disagree, but I see a point missed here.

There is more than one valid price for each domain. It depends on your goals and particular situation. I have a ton of these and even with mid 5-fig budget I can't renew everything, and I wasn't (stil am not) that much in love with this name.

Niche, yes. Price, retail, yes. Trust it will sell soon for that retail price? Not so much. This is why it went market range and I'm very happy to have it sold right now.

•••
Untitled.png

Afternic BIN, drop reg. Hold time 6 months. Was $788, discounted it and it sold in a couple hours. Somebody must have been watching the name.

•••

t a p c h i c r y p t o . c o m

- sold for $250 via Epik marketplace/lander offer
- registered for $8.49 with Epik, was expired domain
- hold time 1 month

{buyer from Vietnam asked to lower BIN price saying he is crypto blogging...}

Attachments

• tcr_sale.png
    tcr_sale.png
    79 KB · Views: 157
Last edited:
•••
@Afternic

afternic-5-26.PNG

IB - BIN - Fast Transfer

No further details please.

•••
I don't disagree, but I see a point missed here.

There is more than one valid price for each domain. It depends on your goals and particular situation. I have a ton of these and even with mid 5-fig budget I can't renew everything, and I wasn't (stil am not) that much in love with this name.

Niche, yes. Price, retail, yes. Trust it will sell soon for that retail price? Not so much. This is why it went market range and I'm very happy to have it sold right now.

Congrats. Could you clarify about "can't renew everything"? How is renewing different from registering new names, except 1-2$ possibly saved on promos per name? That "gain" too is mostly negated by 60 day lock and other factors. If you are in the growth mode, shouldn't you be renewing almost every name besides some "don't know what I was thinking" type of names.

•••
Dropping is growing sometimes.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back