Dynadot

various Report Completed Domain Name Sales Here

NameSilo
Watch

RJ

Domain BuyerTop Member
Impact
This thread is a central location to report domain name sales of any dollar amount.

As much information as you can include about the transaction is welcome, but at a bare minimum please include the domain name(s), the sale price, and whether you were the seller.

Good luck with your sales!

Please use the Like and Thank links on a post to indicate that you like it or are thankful for it being shared.

Do not post only, "great sale" or similar as this doesn't contribute to the thread. (Don't reply for the sole purpose of complimenting.)
  • Tip: Use the Like/Thanks feature instead.

Questions are allowed, but do not post commentary. If you want to discuss or comment on a sale in this thread, quote it and then post it in the following thread instead:

Suggested template (bold details are required):

Domain name:

Sale venue:​
Listing type:​
Listing upgrades:​
Seller:​
Asking price:​
Sale price:​
Purchase venue:​
Purchase price:​
Details:​

Suggested values / explanations:
  • Sale venue: Sold at NamePros, outbound direct, inbound direct, etc.
  • Listing type: Make Offer, Fixed price, Auction, Auction with Buy-It-Now, Reverse auction, etc.
  • Listing upgrades: Premium package, featured listing, etc.
  • Seller: me, a friend, a friend of a friend, a colleague, someone else, unknown, etc.
  • Purchase venue: Where (and the year) the seller purchased the domain name originally.
  • Details: Any additional details about the domain name like how you bought it, how long you had it before it sold, its age, etc.

Examples:

Domain name: ThisDomain.com​
Sale venue: NamePros (2016)​
Listing type: Make offer with Buy-It-Now​
Listing upgrades: Featured listing​
Seller: Me​
Asking price: $950​
Sale price: $830​
Purchase venue: NamePros (2015)​
Purchase price: $25​
Details: Acquired from a reseller. 5 years old domain. Had for 1 year before resold.​

Domain name: ThatDomain.com​
Sale venue: GoDaddy Auctions (2012)​
Listing type: 7-day Public Auction​
Listing upgrades: N/A​
Seller: Someone else​
Asking price: N/A​
Sale price: $60​
Purchase venue: Hand registration (2009)​
Purchase price: $8​
Details: I watched its auction. The auction description said it was hand-registered the same day it dropped (from expiration).​

Important:
  • If you don't want to provide any other information about the sale besides what you've posted, then include "no further details" or "NFD" in your post.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You could still be in growth mode by dropping names. Growth mode = gaining skill atpicking better ones or in other words, "don't know what I was thinking".... still growth. :)

Yes, but that wouldn't be due to budget though. That would be quality related. And even then, picking better names decision doesn't mean you have to drop the older ones. They have to be considered on their own merit. I have stopped dropping names almost completely as I have noticed that they more than pay for their own renewals and don't require any additional work.

•••
Yes, but that wouldn't be due to budget though. That would be quality related. And even then, picking better names decision doesn't mean you have to drop the older ones. They have to be considered on their own merit. I have stopped dropping names almost completely as I have noticed that they more than pay for their own renewals and don't require any additional work.

It's a long story - trying to make it simple. I've maxed out my budget but increasing quality a lot lately, so what I want to renew are domains better than this. Also acquisition is growing fast so I keep a limit on domains of this category, to let more room for better names, shifting towards more expensive ones worth renewing for multiple years but less risky in renewal cost should market go down for any reason. Not the whole story but you get the picture.

So yeah, dropping is growing sometimes.

Edit: This domain goes for me in the "safe market sale, not so sure about retail sale" - as in duration, certainty of a sale within the next 1-2 years. So I opted for market pricing and it sold and pays for a ton of other names like this.

Last edited:
•••

When you max your budget, and when there's plenty of fish and growing fast, you have to sell. A lot.

It doesn't matter that much if you sell at $299 or $150 or whatever, if this is a good sales ratio and pays for more that comes right now. Otherwise you might not have room for buying more tomorrow.

If sales % is right, this is a way to grow. Sell now. Sell repeatedly. Not recommended for everyone, but it is for me. Market sales bring 60%+ of my revenue, well, that tells a story.

For each such domain sold daily I get 10 domains each day (on average). So unless I get more risk/exposure right now (avoiding that), you need to sell, keep money flowing. This is why many don't understand here (especially newbies) why sometimes I sell things at market price instead of full retail price.

Also, I could keep this one but I'm improving and learning a lot lately so I would focus on much higher yield domains. This means I keep the questionables flowing, not much thinking over them, while working and thinking way more on the ones that might yield top 4-fig or 5-fig especially.

So as I said, it's a much longer story.

Last edited:
•••
Bought in 2017 for 100 privately
Sold in 2020 for 2400
Inbound lead completed escrow via @epik
Screenshot_20210527-031721_Chrome.jpg

•••
LPL .io - Sold at Afternic for $4,995 earlier this month and is now being forwarded to a blockchain website. I purchased it here at NamePros last July for $60.

•••
LPL .io - Sold at Afternic for $4,995 earlier this month and is now being forwarded to a blockchain website. I purchased it here at NamePros last July for $60.
short acronymn they got for liquidity providers Ltd . smart guys

•••
Afternic BIN. Hold time 5 weeks. Bought as part of a portfolio. Average domain price $5.

Attachments

• afternic sale.png
    afternic sale.png
    9.6 KB · Views: 606
•••
Untitled.png

Sedo BIN, hold time 11+ months. Drop reg.

Note: Not using Sedo landers.

•••
Have been working on projects & have not been active for the last few months... So, catching up & wanted to get a handful out there:

SquadHelp:
WagThat / (com) - $1149.00 - 4/15/21 (4/23/19 - $12, GD closeout)
OfMerit / (com) - $1299.00 - 2/3/21 (8/20/2019 - $8, GD closeout)
GetYet / (com) - $1699.00 - 1/29/21 (5/12/2019 - $9, GD closeout)

BrandBucket:
YepYou / (com) - $6295.00 - 05/04/21 (5/27/2020 - $11, GD closeout)

Afternic:
VeinOfGold / (com) - $129.00 4/19/21 (6/3/2019 - $11, GD closeout)
UsVerse / (com) - $149.00 3/30/21 (8/22/2020 - $8, GD closeout)
AtomicPile / (com) - $99.00 3/17/21 (4/16/2020 - $9, GD closeout)
DontBeA / (com) - $150.00 3/5/21 (3/15/2020 - $11, GD closeout)

Best of luck to all, as always! You can find some really good brands in GD Closeouts - if you spend the time to research.

•••
•••
E-NFT.com sold today on DAN.com $8.5k
8 month old Handreg.
Buyer started with 2k, I countered with 15k,
we agreed on $8.5k

Attachments

• 1.PNG
    1.PNG
    81 KB · Views: 315
•••
Untitled.png

Afternic BIN, fast transfer sale. Hold time 6 months. Drop reg.

•••
private/jet/chartering//co

- sold for $149 via Epik
- registered for $0.99 at Epik
- hold time 10 months

•••
Domain name: O n l i n e P s y c h i a t r i s t s . c o m
Sale venue: Epik.com
Listing type: Make Offer
Seller: Rob Monster
Sale price: $15K
Purchase price: $59
Details: Awesome domain name negotiations skills at Epik bringing in sale after sale for me. Very grateful!!! :xf.grin:
Hi thats great, How do you list this one on Epik? By going through Marketplace/Place the Domain for Sale option?

•••
Domain: Relentless DOT IN
Purchase price: ~$40
Sales price: £4995 / $7090
Sales venue: DaaZ.com (BIN)

•••
•••
I’m stoked to see you throw a four figure sale in :) Keep em coming.

I have 4-fig sales too and some are reported here. It's just that the smaller ones go much faster, for obvious reasons.

Last edited:
•••
I have 4-fig sales too and some are reported here. It's just that the smaller ones go much faster, for obvious reasons.
Your sales, man! How do I apply for mentorship, Twiki?

•••
•••
Screenshot_20210529_224221.jpg

Epik promo $1.99 + Renewal
Hold time ~ 1 Year

•••
Domain name - addiktions dot com

Buying price - $20

Selling price - $488

Buying venue - Catchservice

Selling venue - Afternic fast transfer

Hold time - 11 months

Screenshot_2021-05-30-09-32-01-852_com.google.android.gm.png

•••
Sold at NameLiquidation/Epik:

AutoSecurities .com sold for $59, purchased for $16, HT 11 months
Kridd .com sold for $9, purchased for $8, HT 10 months

Last edited:
•••
sold p/a/c/k//biz at NameLiquidate for $19
sold boss/catering at NameLiquidate for $45
No Further Details.

•••
Creative/Panther/dot/com sold for $299

Epik Marketplace

Registered on drop August 2020.

•••
About in 2017 i recieved one inbound email inquiring for one of my latest handreg. I didnt even got the time to list that name at aftermarket and it was few days old. I asked them to make an offer. They offered 100. I asked for 3500. after some negotiation they told me 500 is their best offer. I didn't agree and told them 1500 is the least i will accept, They disappeared, during negotiation when they were asking me to sell it for few hundred dollars and get profit, i had to explain them that domain selling is my business, i buy tons of domains and sell only few so need to get high price for profit anwyays cut to few weeks they came back this time with three domains which they own and claim to be all premium as they paid a lot to acquire those. With that they were asking me to purchase if i like any as domain trade is my business, i checked the three names two of which had zero value as per me (handreg value 2-3 years old mainly personalized) while the third one was not only good name but also aged. i said i like only one out of those three, they offered me that name in exchange for my handreg name. I agreed. Domains were exchanged. Since then i kept renewing it refused several offers including 3000 USD from afternic. Finally sold in this jan for 4K euro (4889 USD)
PS i believe i could have got more for this name. But while owning it i realized it had some copyright issues and those days when i wanted bitcoin really quickly so agreed to sell for this price.

PS2 its already a website

PS3 last year medical was among my top niche for domain sales.

20210601_033445.png

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back