NameSilo

Report Completed Domain Name Sales Here

Labeled as various in Domain Selling and Domain Sales started by RJ, Apr 19, 2005.

Replies:
Views:

1. GeorgeQuang

GeorgeQuang Established Member

isofol.com
    Reg from Dropped list in 2017 for $8.47 + 1 year renewal
    Sold for $3210.
    Trying to do outbound with Potential Buyers ( included its buyer) but had no feedback.
    One month later, got an inquiry for $1200, countered $4500 with no feedback.
    Trying to re-countered them at $3210 offer.
    Then reached the agreement!

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. mattG

mattG Active Member VIP

3. Satyajit Adhikary

Satyajit Adhikary Upgraded Member Gold Account

4. DnFolk

DnFolk Active Member VIP

5. alcy

alcy Active Member VIP

6. okmachan

okmachan Established Member

Domain name: m || e || m || o || m || i (dot) com
    Sale venue: Escrow.com
    Listing type: Outbound
    Sale price: $7.5k (buyer paid escrow fees)
    Purchase venue: Godaddy expiring auctions (Jul 4th 2018) (3 months)
    Purchase price: $280
    Details: I quoted 12.5k initially. But the buyer was pretty firm at 5k. After several emails we agreed on 7.5k. It's a pretty established business and they had trademarks also (even though TM was in abandoned status.) Buyer was nice and I wanted to quick flip cos I was afraid of TM issues, so we agreed on this price. (I created a TM help thread in namepros right after I bought it. View it here.)

7. Miro Baranasic

Miro Baranasic Established Member

How many companies have you contact? I see only two and one of them buy it :xf.smile:

8. okmachan

Just one. One email and the owner replied "Interested, Let's talk.” After the sale he told me he tried to aquire the name from previous owner 6 years ago and they refused to sell it. Also he contacted that company recently too. He asked me how did I get the name. (Previous owners forgot to renew) I’m sure I left money on the table. But I’m happy with the sale, I didn’t want to lose the domain and money both due to TM issues. It was one lucky sale.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
  9. karmaco

karmaco Active Member VIP

Congrats very lucky indeed. Could have gone badly. I would not recommend as a general rule contacting a TM holder as they can use that against you should a deal go wrong.

10. alcy

alcy Active Member VIP

not big one...but its encouraging for me when sales are slower..... super relevant keyword... extension bit less so... but when keyword gone in so many extnsns things take on diff perspective and/or valuation for each extnsn imo......

500$... gd makeoffr... 60day handreg...

hyper ledger
    .biz

11. okmachan

Ageeed. But then there will be questions like domain was 11 years old why the TM owner didn’t aquire it by now. Maybe they are not aware of TM rules, maybe they dont want to deal with TM issues, maybe they don’t have legal staff as they are still a small company. So a domainer should be smart about what to do at the right time. If you wait for a bigger paycheck (greed) you’ll lose both money and domain name.

12. ramkumaritrvs

ramkumaritrvs RapidNames.com PRO VIP

13. karmaco

karmaco Active Member VIP

As soon as you sent the email that is soliciting a TM owner which potentially looks like you bought in bad faith. He could have turned around and UDRP’d the name immediately. I do not think anyone here would suggest contacting trademark owners asking for five figure amount or contact them at all.

People don’t get the name because sometimes they just don’t want to spend the money. You had to take his price not he yours.Still a very good sale and reason I said super fortunate it went this way.

14. okmachan

Yeah agree. This was my only questionable TM domain I had in my portfolio. I'm glad it's over now. FYI I setup a photographic website before I contacted the company. And the TM was in abandoned status so I took my chances.

15. Recons.Com

Recons.Com Active Member VIP

This thread is getting hard to read.

Can we stop discussing transfer periods, TM etc here?

16. Rory Ivey

Rory Ivey Active Member VIP

17. creataweb

creataweb Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Recent purchase on NP?

18. Rory Ivey

Rory Ivey Active Member VIP

2015 / April

19. Jv1999

Jv1999 King of the Tower VIP

upload_2018-10-11_20-1-43.png
    Acquisition and Maintenance Costs: $18.26~
    Hold time: 2 years and a month and change.
    Initial Offer: $750
    Final Sale Price: $750
    Venue: Inquiry via Bodis

Like 90% of my other reported sails here :tightlyclosedeyes:, I bought this domain via DomFam's awesome $1.xx promo! I found it while going through the deleted .coms list on expiredodmains.

Ppl said it was good. @Adam27 offered $25 for it. That's the first year. Then when it was about to expire, i tried to auction it... got an offer of $10 BIN for it, which I didn't take...

Second year, tried to sail it to Adam for $25, but he went nah. I think most ppl said it was bad'ish.

When renewal time came, I really really wanted to let it go. But I guess I'm a little hoardish so even if it pained me with gritted teeth, I renewed it. Cursed the renewal fee lol.

Then about two days ago, I got an offer through Bodis, where it had been parked all along. They offered $750. It was a church, so I just accepted it without countering because I'm not going to try to take more money from a church than what they're offering lol.

They paid today, a few hours ago. I haven't transferred the domain yet :P But imho, the payment is all that matters! They were nice enough to do either mass payments or send as a friend because I didn't get charged any fees! :D :tightlyclosedeyes:

The big snag is they want it at BlueHost, where all their domains are... but GD's stupid 60-day transfer lock is on (I didn't change my WHOIS). So i'm hoping they understand that I can only push it to their GD account. Or we'll have to wait until the end of November :/

I'm happy I'm getting the hang of domaining now! Again, it seems like the truth is: Always believe in the domains you saw value in. Even if people don't, if you renew them, they'll sail eventually. And the hold time seems to be between 1 to 2.5 years before you get some kind of an offer!

20. Brand Ultra

Brand Ultra Pick the right name with us ! VIP

Random pronouncable 6l .com?

21. Maestro88

Maestro88 Established Member

Why not? They're probably rich from making promises to the gullible.

Nice profit all the same,

M88

22. Rizwan Razzaq

Rizwan Razzaq Market Restricted

EIB.IO SOLD 500 USD
    BOUGHT FROM FLIPPA @ 65 USD
    HOLDING TIME : 10 DAYS
    ONCE I RECEIVED DOMAIN I DID OUTBOUND LIKE CRAZY I HAVE NO IDEA FROM WHERE HE CAME BUT HE OFFERED FIRST 199 USD I WAS FIRMED AT 750 USD IN THE END HE SAID 500 USD FINAL I ACCEPTED AS IT WAS QUICK FLIP. DEAL COMPLETED THROUGH PAYPAL.
    FIRST OFFER HE SENT THROUGH DOMAINAGENTS THEN HE CAME TO ME THROUGH BODIS .
    THANKS

23. NYJimbo

NYJimbo Domain Re-Animator Gold Account

24. briguy

briguy Guru In Remission! VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Did you make a profit from the sale off of your bulk buy?

25. NYJimbo

NYJimbo Domain Re-Animator Gold Account

12 domains x $1 = $12 spent.
    1 domain sold so far for $325.
    11 domains left to sell for next 10 months.
    So yes, made a profit already.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!