Dynadot

various Report Completed Domain Name Sales Here

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

RJ

Domain BuyerTop Member
Impact
This thread is a central location to report domain name sales of any dollar amount.

As much information as you can include about the transaction is welcome, but at a bare minimum please include the domain name(s), the sale price, and whether you were the seller.

Good luck with your sales!

Please use the Like and Thank links on a post to indicate that you like it or are thankful for it being shared.

Do not post only, "great sale" or similar as this doesn't contribute to the thread. (Don't reply for the sole purpose of complimenting.)
  • Tip: Use the Like/Thanks feature instead.

Questions are allowed, but do not post commentary. If you want to discuss or comment on a sale in this thread, quote it and then post it in the following thread instead:

Suggested template (bold details are required):

Domain name:

Sale venue:​
Listing type:​
Listing upgrades:​
Seller:​
Asking price:​
Sale price:​
Purchase venue:​
Purchase price:​
Details:​

Suggested values / explanations:
  • Sale venue: Sold at NamePros, outbound direct, inbound direct, etc.
  • Listing type: Make Offer, Fixed price, Auction, Auction with Buy-It-Now, Reverse auction, etc.
  • Listing upgrades: Premium package, featured listing, etc.
  • Seller: me, a friend, a friend of a friend, a colleague, someone else, unknown, etc.
  • Purchase venue: Where (and the year) the seller purchased the domain name originally.
  • Details: Any additional details about the domain name like how you bought it, how long you had it before it sold, its age, etc.

Examples:

Domain name: ThisDomain.com​
Sale venue: NamePros (2016)​
Listing type: Make offer with Buy-It-Now​
Listing upgrades: Featured listing​
Seller: Me​
Asking price: $950​
Sale price: $830​
Purchase venue: NamePros (2015)​
Purchase price: $25​
Details: Acquired from a reseller. 5 years old domain. Had for 1 year before resold.​

Domain name: ThatDomain.com​
Sale venue: GoDaddy Auctions (2012)​
Listing type: 7-day Public Auction​
Listing upgrades: N/A​
Seller: Someone else​
Asking price: N/A​
Sale price: $60​
Purchase venue: Hand registration (2009)​
Purchase price: $8​
Details: I watched its auction. The auction description said it was hand-registered the same day it dropped (from expiration).​

Important:
  • If you don't want to provide any other information about the sale besides what you've posted, then include "no further details" or "NFD" in your post.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Thanks!
Yes, sold to Mike through fb.

Because you sold it to mm and the good prices he achieves I doubt you'll want to see what he sells that for

I reckon he won't sell it for less than $30k comfortably unless he wants a fast return on his investment but even then I doubt he'd sell it for less than $10k

•••
Domain: H/E/M/P/S/Y/N/E/R/G/Y in king
Sale venue: EFTY inbound sent to Uniregistry broker
Sale price: $3500 net (after fees)
Purchase price: reg fee
This is an interesting sale bc I got an EFTY inquiry and I was on a trip. Decided to fwd the inquiry to Uniregistry broker. They actually dropped the ball and the sale was almost lost, so with the help of Escrow.com and my persistence for them to call the buyer a month latter I got paid. Meanwhile the Uni broker was emailing the buyer if they want to purchase other names, while I was NOT yet paid and the sale was not complete.
This is the last time I will ever use a broker again, and very disappointed with Uniregistry brokers.

All I can say is wow, did the brokers first name start with a B?

This has happened to me a few times, and as soon as I saw it I took the name back in my inventory. I think they have blocked this feature now.

I am so against that, this was a willing buyer that led thru your domain, and to take your lead there are no words.

•••
Because you sold it to mm and the good prices he achieves I doubt you'll want to see what he sells that for

I reckon he won't sell it for less than $30k comfortably unless he wants a fast return on his investment but even then I doubt he'd sell it for less than $10k

Yes, I completely agree with you and keeping his likely end-user selling price in mind, I had set my asking price in order to make it attractive for him to consider. Having said that, at the end of the day the thing that matters most is what was my ROI. :xf.wink:

•••
new / orleans/ hair / salon /. com

$499 BIN Sedo

Purchased in expiring auction 1 renewal

The best part of waking up is a sale in your inbox

•••
after 46 inquires and no sales
I can't say anything better about unireg brokers
I am pretty sure 1% or less is the sales rate.
Frank my advice to you is to reach out to those 46 leads and say you are the Owner of the name and see if you can make a sale happen...It's time consuming I know but It can pay off. :xf.wink:

Last edited:
•••
Frank my advice to you is to reach out to those 46 leads and see if you can make a sale happen...It's time consuming I know but It will pay off. :xf.wink:
There has been a huge turnover of employees over there, given the low employment rate, and some of the newly learned skills of the previous veteran employees, they seemed to have move on. A large batch of new brokers in play. Some deals just can’t be done also, no matter what, a lot of inquiries are just fishing.

•••
All I can say is wow, did the brokers first name start with a B?

This has happened to me a few times, and as soon as I saw it I took the name back in my inventory. I think they have blocked this feature now.

I am so against that, this was a willing buyer that led thru your domain, and to take your lead there are no words.

I would rather not give out names. Uni has made multiple sales for me in the past and their staff is very friendly; however I KNOW I can do a better job selling my names then them. Heck my outbound marketing closing ratio % is better then their 1% warm lead inbound sales ratio. I am vested in my names, they are vested in millions of other peoples names. I am going to simply do my own negotiations moving forward and that's that. :xf.grin:

•••
Frank my advice to you is to reach out to those 46 leads and say you are the Owner of the name and see if you can make a sale happen...It's time consuming I know but It can pay off. :xf.wink:

thanks
yes thats what will do more frequently
oubound
I have missed that in the past

•••
thanks
yes thats what will do more frequently
oubound
I have missed that in the past
Outbound is a very touchy sales tactic, the name always have to be a huge visual upgrade, not just a susbsitute name.

You lose a bit of leverage, but if you can hook the right decision maker, it can be fruitful, but I agree in order to increase your sales %, you need to reach out, in which case quality over quantity ruins supreme.

•••
AddictionTreatmentOrangeCounty.com - $350
401kBusinessFinancing.com - $350
InstantHomeInsuranceQuotes.com - $579
All outbound/registration fee.

Just sold: MusicNow.eu ($1,999) - inbound.

•••
AddictionTreatmentOrangeCounty.com - $350
401kBusinessFinancing.com - $350
InstantHomeInsuranceQuotes.com - $579
All outbound/registration fee.

Just sold: MusicNow.eu ($1,999) - inbound.
Thanks.. You restored my hopes on long 3 word keyword domains and outbounding..!!

•••
Yes, I completely agree with you and keeping his likely end-user selling price in mind, I had set my asking price in order to make it attractive for him to consider. Having said that, at the end of the day the thing that matters most is what was my ROI. :xf.wink:

Exactly

Everyone has different situations etc eg how long a person can or wants to hold on to a domain and sometimes that kind of money is better in your pocket than someone else's eg it can pay for renewals or reinvested in more domains etc than holding out for a better offer which could take time although with the domain you sold you'd have a queue of offers in time

•••
Everyone has different situations etc eg how long a person can or wants to hold on to a domain and sometimes that kind of money is better in your pocket than someone else's eg it can pay for renewals or reinvested in more domains etc than holding out for a better offer which could take time although with the domain you sold you'd have a queue of offers in time

Some people are better at marketing high end than others.
Some people, like MM, have a staff to work sales.
Some people have spent the time networking with end users in order to make those sales possible.

We all want that big sale, but they do not usually just drop in our lot. How many of us would see a $10,000 value in a name we pick up for $100 and have the guts to turn down the $2,500 or $5,000 offer for it? Some would, but most of us would not.

Think of a cabinet maker. He sells his cabinets to a retailer for $500 and the retailer sells it for $800. In theory, the cabinet maker could hold out for an end user to buy it from him at $800, but he does not have the infrastructure to wait for that to happen. Instead he sells it for $500 and puts the money back into doing what he does best; creating a new cabinet to sell to another retailer.

No different than the domain industry. We all have our capitalistic role to play. Sometimes the big ones come in but usually it is best for us to sell the cabinet to the retailer and move on to doing what we do best: finding the names, finding the small and medium sized end user, or selling the the ones with the infrastructure to find and close the the big market end users.

For me, @Sumit Agrawal, you made a great call.

Last edited:
•••
Sold at Godaddy
Domain: Bitcoineth. com
Price: $4900
Reg'd this year for 8.90

•••
•••
My other inbound sale this year
Package deal $18,000
Driverlessinsurance. com
Autonomousinsurance. com
Autonomouscar. org

•••
Sold Reflect.US yesterday. Received a phone call from a non-profit (type-in forwarded to my website with a phone number), asking for a price, offered for $900, they accepted, paid within 30 minutes via paypal, transfer was done within an hour.
My other inbound sale this year
Package deal $18,000
Driverlessinsurance. com
Autonomousinsurance. com
Autonomouscar. org

Great sale there. But what do you mean by package deal? Do the inbounds come for the three names at the same time or it came for one and you pitched the other two?

•••
Great sale there. But what do you mean by package deal? Do the inbounds come for the three names at the same time or it came for one and you pitched the other two?
he asked me what I have then I gave him a list.... thx

•••
2 more small ones this afternoon

DroneJD.com $149 BIN GoDaddy Auctions
I got this a free give away here on NamePros in Aug, No renewals so it was and ROI of infinity.

BoxerMedia.com $399 BIN Afternic
Got it at Dynadot Expiring auctions for $12.99 with 2 renewals. I marked it down as it had no traction of offers or even inquiries.

•••
Think of a cabinet maker. He sells his cabinets to a retailer for $500 and the retailer sells it for $800. In theory, the cabinet maker could hold out for an end user to buy it from him at $800, but he does not have the infrastructure to wait for that to happen. Instead he sells it for $500 and puts the money back into doing what he does best; creating a new cabinet to sell to another retailer.

No different than the domain industry. We all have our capitalistic role to play. Sometimes the big ones come in but usually it is best for us to sell the cabinet to the retailer and move on to doing what we do best: finding the names, finding the small and medium sized end user, or selling the the ones with the infrastructure to find and close the the big market end users.

For me, @Sumit Agrawal, you made a great call.

This does indeed sum up the domain business for a lot of us!

•••
BoxerMedia.com $399 BIN Afternic
Got it at Dynadot Expiring auctions for $12.99 with 2 renewals. I marked it down as it had no traction of offers or even inquiries.

Congrats on this, I was looking at a name with a similar structure today with "media" in it and decided to keep it, glad I did hearing this sale.

Last edited:
•••
Just completed Escrow

Likety / .com

$2495 Brandbucket (My first BB sale in about a year, even with just under 300 listings)

Pick up in an expiring auction for $12.99 plus 2 renewals

Last edited:
•••
Visionpro.org - $350
Venue - Godaddy premium listing
Sold on - 5th december 2017
Hand reggd in early 2017 for $5

Last edited:
•••
CleanMobility.com (sold to end-user - US based renewable fuel producer)
Inbound
Buy price - USD 250 (March 2016)
Sold at - USD 5000 (Dec 2017)

•••
RussiaProperties // com

Purchased: $41 from Namepros
Sold: $309
Venue: Namejet Auction

•••
Back