Dynadot

various Report Completed Domain Name Sales Here

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

RJ

Domain BuyerTop Member
Impact
This thread is a central location to report domain name sales of any dollar amount.

As much information as you can include about the transaction is welcome, but at a bare minimum please include the domain name(s), the sale price, and whether you were the seller.

Good luck with your sales!

Please use the Like and Thank links on a post to indicate that you like it or are thankful for it being shared.

Do not post only, "great sale" or similar as this doesn't contribute to the thread. (Don't reply for the sole purpose of complimenting.)
  • Tip: Use the Like/Thanks feature instead.

Questions are allowed, but do not post commentary. If you want to discuss or comment on a sale in this thread, quote it and then post it in the following thread instead:

Suggested template (bold details are required):

Domain name:

Sale venue:​
Listing type:​
Listing upgrades:​
Seller:​
Asking price:​
Sale price:​
Purchase venue:​
Purchase price:​
Details:​

Suggested values / explanations:
  • Sale venue: Sold at NamePros, outbound direct, inbound direct, etc.
  • Listing type: Make Offer, Fixed price, Auction, Auction with Buy-It-Now, Reverse auction, etc.
  • Listing upgrades: Premium package, featured listing, etc.
  • Seller: me, a friend, a friend of a friend, a colleague, someone else, unknown, etc.
  • Purchase venue: Where (and the year) the seller purchased the domain name originally.
  • Details: Any additional details about the domain name like how you bought it, how long you had it before it sold, its age, etc.

Examples:

Domain name: ThisDomain.com​
Sale venue: NamePros (2016)​
Listing type: Make offer with Buy-It-Now​
Listing upgrades: Featured listing​
Seller: Me​
Asking price: $950​
Sale price: $830​
Purchase venue: NamePros (2015)​
Purchase price: $25​
Details: Acquired from a reseller. 5 years old domain. Had for 1 year before resold.​

Domain name: ThatDomain.com​
Sale venue: GoDaddy Auctions (2012)​
Listing type: 7-day Public Auction​
Listing upgrades: N/A​
Seller: Someone else​
Asking price: N/A​
Sale price: $60​
Purchase venue: Hand registration (2009)​
Purchase price: $8​
Details: I watched its auction. The auction description said it was hand-registered the same day it dropped (from expiration).​

Important:
  • If you don't want to provide any other information about the sale besides what you've posted, then include "no further details" or "NFD" in your post.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Auto/finance/Canada

Dot ca

$675 outbound

•••
•••
I typically received 10-20 views per day on my listings at sedo. Since the revamp I have not gotten even one view

I was ironic anyway :)

•••
sold a mis-spelled word-
Conqistador/com for $11.99 on Ebay - $2 profit yay!

•••
•••
Just sold:

Kohphangan.org

Sale Venue: Private
Listing type: BIN or offer
Asking price: $1400
Sale price: $325
Purchase details: Ok, this is a good domain and maybe I accepted a 'too' low price. However, the end-user is living on Koh Phangan and is planning to develop the site. I have Kohsamui dot org and we can probably have some cooperation in the future.

•••
Domain name: J*A*L*I*V*A*.com
Sale venue: Inbound
Seller: Me
Sale price: $157
Purchase Price: $1.56
Regged June 2016

Last edited:
•••
Domain name: J*A*L*I*V*A*.com
Sale price: $157
Purchase Price: $1.56
Regged June 2016

Why such a low selling price?

Seems like you could have gotten more.

•••
Why such a low selling price?

Seems like you could have gotten more.

You're right
The August Sun could be one of the reasons :)
But basically because the buyer owned the name and forgot to renew it, so I chose an ethical way to handle the deal.
Maybe Karma will pay me a coffe someday

Last edited:
•••
2 Small sales lately

Domain name
: MindMassage.com
Sale venue: Afternic
Seller:
Sale price: $1500
Purchase Price: NA

Domain name: ***ono.com (6 Letter)
Sale price: $1500
Purchase Price: NA

MindMassage was a BIN on afternic
The other 6L .com was using my lander on DNS. The buyer asked to buy it for $300 and kept firm, I firmly rejected as well, kept negotiating for 4 weeks until I get exactly what I wanted except that I bore the escrow fees! If a business doesnt have $1500 for a domain then its not a business!
Sales have been really soft lately, but we think post summer will be a strong season especially for the liquid domains we are holding.

On a side note, finally got a portfolio of a new domainer fully brokered by me through DNS. Having another one to be added soon. We welcome any domainers with more than 200 domains to broker through us moving forward. Our cut is really low and we convert and realize big numbers! Cross your fingers for me :)

As always, I must thank all members here to have helped me to be the domainer I am today! Couldnt have done this without you guys! Good luck everyone!

•••
A few recent (this week and last) sales:

SolidSteelConstruction.com - $600
(cost: reg fee earlier this year)

EdCare.net - $3800 (cost: reg fee a few months ago)

TeleStudio.com - €500

ClanWalkerGuestHouse.com - €500 ($69 cost, recent backorder)

•••
A few recent (this week and last) sales:

SolidSteelConstruction.com - $600
(cost: reg fee earlier this year)

EdCare.net - $3800 (cost: reg fee a few months ago)

TeleStudio.com - €500

ClanWalkerGuestHouse.com - €500 ($69 cost, recent backorder)

Sales venue ?
I still need to learn a lot in registering domain like edcare. Good pick

•••
TeleStudio.com & ClanWalkerGuestHouse.com & SolidSteelConstruction.com
>>
incoming leads (email/via parked page)

EdCare.net
>>
GoDaddy BIN Sale.

•••
Domain name: Denali/Homes/.com
Sale price: $388 ($311 for me after fees)
Asking price: $388 BIN
Purchase Price: $25 (Godaddy Closeout)
Purchased 15 july 2016 through closeout

Extra info: I sent out an email to the 4 most obvious targets after acquiring the domain (one was a previous owner who downgraded to a longer domain), added the name on afternic 2 days later. I don't know (yet) if the domain was purchased by one of these companies.

•••
Seat Bid .com

Sold for $1150.00 on Afternic

•••
Congrats @NamesMax. Nice sale.
was it a BIN price or offer/counter offer listing at Aftrnic?

I hv similar domain name..SitBid.com

•••
Pittsburgh / Employment / Lawyer
Miami / Appellate /Lawyer

dot com
Both: Outbound emails
Purchase Price: regged/closeout respectively
Sale Price: $250/380 respectively

•••
ZapDragon(dot)com

Purchased April 2016 for $21.17
Sold 13th Aug for $950
Inbound via efty.com
Initial offer $500

•••
Domain name: Denali/Homes/.com
Sale price: $388 ($311 for me after fees)
Asking price: $388 BIN
Purchase Price: $25 (Godaddy Closeout)
Purchased 15 july 2016 through closeout

Extra info: I sent out an email to the 4 most obvious targets after acquiring the domain (one was a previous owner who downgraded to a longer domain), added the name on afternic 2 days later. I don't know (yet) if the domain was purchased by one of these companies.

Nice sale - congrats!
And how do you manage the sale as you have to hold the domain for 60 days?
Will the domain be automatically transferred by Afternic after the 60 days holding period is over?
Thanks for any info.

•••
Nice sale - congrats!
And how do you manage the sale as you have to hold the domain for 60 days?
Will the domain be automatically transferred by Afternic after the 60 days holding period is over?
Thanks for any info.

As the domain was in my GoDaddy account and previous afternic sales were from GoDaddy users as well, I took a shot. I just sent a message asking for the godaddy details instead of sending the transfer key. Afternic came back and said I could push the domain to their account. A few hours later, the status was changes to completed, so it worked better than with a transfer key :)

•••
Interesting! So you were able to transfer the domain via the account change. (I recently talked to Godaddy customer service and they told me that for an account change for a domain within Godaddy I would also have to wait for 2 months minimum)
Great - then I'll list my domains right away as well instead of waiting for 2 months. Thanks a lot! B-)

•••
•••
Chip venture (com)
Purchase Price: $8 on NP
Sale Price: $88
Venue: GD Auction

•••
Interesting! So you were able to transfer the domain via the account change. (I recently talked to Godaddy customer service and they told me that for an account change for a domain within Godaddy I would also have to wait for 2 months minimum)
Great - then I'll list my domains right away as well instead of waiting for 2 months. Thanks a lot! B-)

I think you have to wait 5 days between every push and 60 days for every transfer. So if it stays within GoDaddy, I believe you only have to wait 5 days.

•••
I think you have to wait 5 days between every push and 60 days for every transfer. So if it stays within GoDaddy, I believe you only have to wait 5 days.
No. No 5-day wait. You can push a name at GoDaddy right after receiving it and even right after registration. I have done it many times.

For transfers, yes, you are correct.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back