Dynadot

various Report Completed Domain Name Sales Here

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

RJ

Domain BuyerTop Member
Impact
This thread is a central location to report domain name sales of any dollar amount.

As much information as you can include about the transaction is welcome, but at a bare minimum please include the domain name(s), the sale price, and whether you were the seller.

Good luck with your sales!

Please use the Like and Thank links on a post to indicate that you like it or are thankful for it being shared.

Do not post only, "great sale" or similar as this doesn't contribute to the thread. (Don't reply for the sole purpose of complimenting.)
  • Tip: Use the Like/Thanks feature instead.

Questions are allowed, but do not post commentary. If you want to discuss or comment on a sale in this thread, quote it and then post it in the following thread instead:

Suggested template (bold details are required):

Domain name:

Sale venue:​
Listing type:​
Listing upgrades:​
Seller:​
Asking price:​
Sale price:​
Purchase venue:​
Purchase price:​
Details:​

Suggested values / explanations:
  • Sale venue: Sold at NamePros, outbound direct, inbound direct, etc.
  • Listing type: Make Offer, Fixed price, Auction, Auction with Buy-It-Now, Reverse auction, etc.
  • Listing upgrades: Premium package, featured listing, etc.
  • Seller: me, a friend, a friend of a friend, a colleague, someone else, unknown, etc.
  • Purchase venue: Where (and the year) the seller purchased the domain name originally.
  • Details: Any additional details about the domain name like how you bought it, how long you had it before it sold, its age, etc.

Examples:

Domain name: ThisDomain.com​
Sale venue: NamePros (2016)​
Listing type: Make offer with Buy-It-Now​
Listing upgrades: Featured listing​
Seller: Me​
Asking price: $950​
Sale price: $830​
Purchase venue: NamePros (2015)​
Purchase price: $25​
Details: Acquired from a reseller. 5 years old domain. Had for 1 year before resold.​

Domain name: ThatDomain.com​
Sale venue: GoDaddy Auctions (2012)​
Listing type: 7-day Public Auction​
Listing upgrades: N/A​
Seller: Someone else​
Asking price: N/A​
Sale price: $60​
Purchase venue: Hand registration (2009)​
Purchase price: $8​
Details: I watched its auction. The auction description said it was hand-registered the same day it dropped (from expiration).​

Important:
  • If you don't want to provide any other information about the sale besides what you've posted, then include "no further details" or "NFD" in your post.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Dunno either, but it's hilarious looking at the Graph in the Verisign domainview tool when searching for "Prototyping" domains..
41 new Prototyping domains in just the past 24 hours since making my sale public.. before that, almost nothing.. lol

•••
Have to admit that I had a quick look at possible prototyping domains, haha.

Didn't reg any, found some nice brandables which I'll keep an eye on, but think the industry is too primative at the moment for anything other than the most amazing domains (like the one you've just sold).... don't want to register brandables and be stuck with them until 2019 waiting for 3D printing to go mainstream.

•••
Have to admit that I had a quick look at possible prototyping domains, haha.

Didn't reg any, found some nice brandables which I'll keep an eye on, but think the industry is too primative at the moment for anything other than the most amazing domains (like the one you've just sold).... don't want to register brandables and be stuck with them until 2019 waiting for 3D printing to go mainstream.

I wouldn't say prototypingcloud is the most amazing name....

Why are thy bombarding you?
Am i missing something here?

I have no idea... Got 3 inboxes from random people asking if I wanted to by their 1 day old hand regs...

•••
Well names are always subjective. Sometimes a site just does exactly what it says on the tin. The tin in this instance being the domain.

If it's prototyping software, and its in the cloud = prototypingcloud.

I've just grabbed BrowserPrototyping.com on impulse, by the way.

I'll spam your inbox any second now...... B-)

If anybody else fancies taking a punt on some possible future brandables:

Protoslate.com
Protocanvass.com
ProtoWindow.com

Feel free to reg them, anything which prevents me from doing so helps me a lot ;)

•••

By the way, don't want to be a pedant but...... I actually referred to the domain that he sold as the amazing domain, which has now been blanked out to respect buyer privacy. The domain that you reference is the one which has not yet sold.

•••
Got contacted first, initial offer was x,xxx already so pretty easy to see they were a big fish.. further negotiations took around 4 days before agreeing on mid xx,xxx..
have to mention it was all about timing.. had i been 40 days too late to check the availability of that domain the owners may have registered it for $ 9 straight away..

more incredible to me was actually to find out how many quality prototyping domains still did lie around unregistered in 2014 & 2015 until i snapped them all up..

Congratulations on the big sale mate.

Can you tell me how did the buyer contacted you (phone or email?) And how did the negotiations went through, over phone or email?

Enjoy,

•••

I have no idea... Got 3 inboxes from random people asking if I wanted to by their 1 day old hand regs...
The one I PM'ed you about isn't registered. I thought you might be interested

•••
Got contacted first, initial offer was x,xxx already so pretty easy to see they were a big fish.. further negotiations took around 4 days before agreeing on mid xx,xxx..
have to mention it was all about timing.. had i been 40 days too late to check the availability of that domain the owners may have registered it for $ 9 straight away..

more incredible to me was actually to find out how many quality prototyping domains still did lie around unregistered in 2014 & 2015 until i snapped them all up..
got these dot coms today
prototypingtutorials
prototypingtutorial
rapidprototypingusa
Not great but the price was right

Last edited:
•••
Lol I just got bombarded with inboxes. People asking if I want to purchase their 1 day old hand regs with prototyping in it.

So funny
I have to admit i was one of the people bombarding him with my domain prototyping.club which I think is a great name as .club is one of the most popular new extension.

•••

Lol bro if the name is good enough it doesn't matter even if the name was registered an hour or a minute before......Also gravity eleven's prototype domain sale also inspires this domain age theory, as he flipped a 9$ hand reg'd name for $xx,xxx in just about a month or so........

•••
•••
Now this looks like 1 fake sale..

The whois still contains your information @Azwanasban

Definitely fake sale reported on 10th February 2015!

vrgps.com
Updated Date: 12-dec-2014
Creation Date: 09-dec-2014
Expiration Date: 09-dec-2015

•••
•••
Happens a lot on this forum.

-_-

Not really, dont generalize everyone into that category bud as there are always few around us who try to act sneaky!

•••
R
Y
V
E
R

Beautiful name sold at BB for low $XXXX

It was sold 4 days after listed. My first accepted name actually. I knew that this is good. But I was surprised how quickly it went. Maybe I left money on the table. But I am happy with the sale. I believe the buyer is happy too.

I liked the logo by the BB logo designers. I guess that helped for the quick sale.

•••
SOLD - VentureFunnel .com

$525 - contacted by email

Hand regged January 15,2015

Last edited:
•••
Some February sales:

hand reg sold @ Brandroot for $1,995
hand reg sold @ Brandbucket for $995
Sedo buy from $150 sold @ Brandbucket for $1,695
Dropcatch.com buy from $205 sold @ Sedo for $1,600

All prices before commission.

•••
I sold newhomesales.org for $588 today

•••
Some February sales:

hand reg sold @ Brandroot for $1,995
hand reg sold @ Brandbucket for $995
Sedo buy from $150 sold @ Brandbucket for $1,695
Dropcatch.com buy from $205 sold @ Sedo for $1,600

All prices before commission.
Can you share names

•••
•••
Awesome man! Where did you sell it at? Private sale?

Thanks. I regged it a week or two ago, and listed it for sale the same day on Godaddy. I got an offer with 24 hours I think it was, then I countered, and then they went to $588 as a 'best and final' offer.
I think i could have received more $ if I was patient but i wanted to move my first domain, and have been catching heat here for registering too many .orgs(and rightfully so), so i decided to accept the offer, and get my first flip out of the way :D

•••
Think you got a decent price for this domain to be honest. Your Vegaspoker one though..... don't you dare sell that for less than $$$$.

•••
Thanks. I regged it a week or two ago, and listed it for sale the same day on Godaddy. I got an offer with 24 hours I think it was, then I countered, and then they went to $588 as a 'best and final' offer.
I think i could have received more $ if I was patient but i wanted to move my first domain, and have been catching heat here for registering too many .orgs(and rightfully so), so i decided to accept the offer, and get my first flip out of the way :D

I honestly (re)started with .org's too a few years ago. I had sales ranging from $38-$150-$650-$850 (can't remember the others).

I'm about to develop one of the few I have remaining.

Good job!

•••
Bro did you list it in godaddy auction or premium listing???
Also bro could you tell me which type of Godaddy auction has best suited you?? Offer/Counter-Offer,Buy Now or 7 Day public Auctions??
Thanks and congrats on your sales mate.........

•••
Bro did you list it in godaddy auction or premium listing???
Also bro could you tell me which type of Godaddy auction has best suited you?? Offer/Counter-Offer,Buy Now or 7 Day public Auctions??
Thanks and congrats on your sales mate.........

It was not an auction, it was an offer/counter offer with NO buy it now. I actually was going to List it as a super premier Auction on Flippa, but that costs $350, and I was worried that if I sold it for $800 or $900, by the time I took out my expense, I would be where I am now. I still think I would have got higher offers on this eventually, but a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back