Dynadot

various Report Completed Domain Name Sales Here

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

RJ

Domain BuyerTop Member
Impact
This thread is a central location to report domain name sales of any dollar amount.

As much information as you can include about the transaction is welcome, but at a bare minimum please include the domain name(s), the sale price, and whether you were the seller.

Good luck with your sales!

Please use the Like and Thank links on a post to indicate that you like it or are thankful for it being shared.

Do not post only, "great sale" or similar as this doesn't contribute to the thread. (Don't reply for the sole purpose of complimenting.)
  • Tip: Use the Like/Thanks feature instead.

Questions are allowed, but do not post commentary. If you want to discuss or comment on a sale in this thread, quote it and then post it in the following thread instead:

Suggested template (bold details are required):

Domain name:

Sale venue:​
Listing type:​
Listing upgrades:​
Seller:​
Asking price:​
Sale price:​
Purchase venue:​
Purchase price:​
Details:​

Suggested values / explanations:
  • Sale venue: Sold at NamePros, outbound direct, inbound direct, etc.
  • Listing type: Make Offer, Fixed price, Auction, Auction with Buy-It-Now, Reverse auction, etc.
  • Listing upgrades: Premium package, featured listing, etc.
  • Seller: me, a friend, a friend of a friend, a colleague, someone else, unknown, etc.
  • Purchase venue: Where (and the year) the seller purchased the domain name originally.
  • Details: Any additional details about the domain name like how you bought it, how long you had it before it sold, its age, etc.

Examples:

Domain name: ThisDomain.com​
Sale venue: NamePros (2016)​
Listing type: Make offer with Buy-It-Now​
Listing upgrades: Featured listing​
Seller: Me​
Asking price: $950​
Sale price: $830​
Purchase venue: NamePros (2015)​
Purchase price: $25​
Details: Acquired from a reseller. 5 years old domain. Had for 1 year before resold.​

Domain name: ThatDomain.com​
Sale venue: GoDaddy Auctions (2012)​
Listing type: 7-day Public Auction​
Listing upgrades: N/A​
Seller: Someone else​
Asking price: N/A​
Sale price: $60​
Purchase venue: Hand registration (2009)​
Purchase price: $8​
Details: I watched its auction. The auction description said it was hand-registered the same day it dropped (from expiration).​

Important:
  • If you don't want to provide any other information about the sale besides what you've posted, then include "no further details" or "NFD" in your post.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Sold my twitter account for mid 4 figures ;) ref: link

And 4 pending .com sales in escrow (will announce once they're through). life is good & god is great ;)

•••
Sold my twitter account for mid 4 figures ;) ref: link

And 4 pending .com sales in escrow (will announce once they're through). life is good & god is great ;)

Nice :)
Did any of them (twitter & domains) contact you?

•••
Nice :)
Did any of them (twitter & domains) contact you?

For twitter, I was directly contacted through email by the company director and after somewhat negotiation we agreed at this price :)

domains are being brokered by IndusDomains

•••
For twitter, I was directly contacted through email by the company director

AFAIK Twitter changed TOS so offering twitter names for sale is a TOS violation... I assume you banked the money before reporting this sale.

But I guess accepting an unsolicited offer is not the same as advertising a name for sale.

•••
sold mortgagerepaymentcalculator dot com - $2,850

Man, if you decide to make some course for selling domains - I will be the first to enroll.

For one year I have only one direct sale to the end user and I dont think that my domains are so bad.

If you decide to go in the domain brockerage business - I will be happy to give you all my domains for sale. :) :D

•••
AFAIK Twitter changed TOS so offering twitter names for sale is a TOS violation... I assume you banked the money before reporting this sale.

But I guess accepting an unsolicited offer is not the same as advertising a name for sale.

Did I say, I went soliciting for offers? And I knew what I was doing :sold:

Thanks for your concern!

•••
sold mortgagerepaymentcalculator dot com - $2,850

Man, if you decide to make some course for selling domains ....

I've suggested that to him so many times in the past.

If he does not have a backlog of unsold domains which he's paid good money for then he's a real top-notch man in his own field, no doubt about that - I hasten to say he is a genious in what he is doing.

Who is Warren Buffet compared with him? We're talikng about 10,000% mark ups on some of his sales - Warren Buffet made some 60% profit in the last so many years and yet the press were going wow..., the guy is genious!!!

BTW, I should be the PR manager of all top-notch people :)

•••
Man, if you decide to make some course for selling domains - I will be the first to enroll.
Click Federer name in one of his posts > Find more posts by Federer > Enrolled.

Last edited:
•••
Originally Posted by GiftedDomains View Post
A little .com sale i can disclose:

Vuzk

i sold it today for $355
Bought it 2 weeks ago here on namepros for 12$

How do you people do it? where? how? Let me in on this, I can’t even get $5 for any of mine... lol - Well Done!!

That particular one was a great buy in the first place.

In domaining there's no short cuts, you will have to study and research until you get as good as what pros are.

Last edited:
•••
Research is the key in the naming business.
If you're going after the right keywords/extensions, then it becomes a numbers game. As long as you are acquiring useful domain names that could benefit end buyers (development, email, link-building, rankings, credibility, branding), they will sell sooner or later - actively or passively.

•••
Some recent sales I've made, mostly at Sedo. I should have held out for much more on the coupons domain but I acquired all of them for cheap so I'm happy.

DapperDude.com $300
TextReach.com $300
TurfLogic.com $300
TextMessageCoupons.com $375
ReggaeFest.com $300
CameronHighlandsHotels.com $200

Last edited:
•••
Some recent sales I've made, mostly at Sedo. I should have held out for much more on the coupons domain but I acquired all of them for cheap so I'm happy.

DapperDude.com $300
TextReach.com $300
TurfLogic.com $300
TextMessageCoupons.com $375
ReggaeFest.com $300
CameronHighlandsHotels.com $200

Very nice! Fixed price? Did you email endusers to let them know? Good job.

•••
Very nice! Fixed price? Did you email endusers to let them know? Good job.

Thanks. Yes, fixed price. All passive sales, I didn't promote them at all other than listing a couple of them on the sidebar of my blog.

•••
•••
•••
Congrats!
Damn D-K you are fire this month!
So did they find you?

buyer contacted me - they needed the domain for there cloud company

David K

•••
buyer contacted me - they needed the domain for there cloud company

David K

Outstanding!

Thanks and Keep up the great work :)

•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
sold cloudfield.com $9000

Just Wow........

Thanks. Yes, fixed price. All passive sales, I didn't promote them at all other than listing a couple of them on the sidebar of my blog.

So that tells me that your blog gets some good views.

How about listing other people's DN's as well and collect a commission for it?

I should have no charges tho for suggesting this :)

Think about it.....

•••
•••
It takes time to find out what to register/buy/ignore. You are new to this, so don't get frustrated. It took me almost one year to make my first xxxx sale. Others are faster. The first 6 months i didn't register or buy anything, but was only READING Forums and Blogs.

Good advice.

Just to add on and give a heads up. Not every sale posted here as sold in this thread are true even though many include old members in this forum thought that some particular members are very good in selling domains but in fact they are not. Not sure why they want to post such fake sales but hopefully they are not trying to trick or scam the members here.

Last edited:
•••
Good advice.

Just to add on and give a heads up. Not every sale posted here as sold in this thread are true even though many members include old members in this forum thought that some particular members are very good in selling domains but in fact they are not. Not sure why they want to post such fake sales but hopefully they are not trying to trick/ scam the members here.

Who are you referring to Xy? Anyways... I just sent out like 20 emails with price included( mid xxx) and got a bite from someone interested in purchasing it. I've noticed that I've been much more successful when including price in my initial email(as long as it's low to mid xxx).

Keep the emails going guys!

•••
Tarf DOT org mid-high $XXX

my first sale of the year as I stopped e-mailing potential buyers, both buyers contacted me through e-mail

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back