IT.COM

various Report Completed Domain Name Sales Here

NameSilo
Watch

RJ

Domain BuyerTop Member
Impact
This thread is a central location to report domain name sales of any dollar amount.

As much information as you can include about the transaction is welcome, but at a bare minimum please include the domain name(s), the sale price, and whether you were the seller.

Good luck with your sales!

Please use the Like and Thank links on a post to indicate that you like it or are thankful for it being shared.

Do not post only, "great sale" or similar as this doesn't contribute to the thread. (Don't reply for the sole purpose of complimenting.)
  • Tip: Use the Like/Thanks feature instead.

Questions are allowed, but do not post commentary. If you want to discuss or comment on a sale in this thread, quote it and then post it in the following thread instead:

Suggested template (bold details are required):

Domain name:

Sale venue:​
Listing type:​
Listing upgrades:​
Seller:​
Asking price:​
Sale price:​
Purchase venue:​
Purchase price:​
Details:​

Suggested values / explanations:
  • Sale venue: Sold at NamePros, outbound direct, inbound direct, etc.
  • Listing type: Make Offer, Fixed price, Auction, Auction with Buy-It-Now, Reverse auction, etc.
  • Listing upgrades: Premium package, featured listing, etc.
  • Seller: me, a friend, a friend of a friend, a colleague, someone else, unknown, etc.
  • Purchase venue: Where (and the year) the seller purchased the domain name originally.
  • Details: Any additional details about the domain name like how you bought it, how long you had it before it sold, its age, etc.

Examples:

Domain name: ThisDomain.com​
Sale venue: NamePros (2016)​
Listing type: Make offer with Buy-It-Now​
Listing upgrades: Featured listing​
Seller: Me​
Asking price: $950​
Sale price: $830​
Purchase venue: NamePros (2015)​
Purchase price: $25​
Details: Acquired from a reseller. 5 years old domain. Had for 1 year before resold.​

Domain name: ThatDomain.com​
Sale venue: GoDaddy Auctions (2012)​
Listing type: 7-day Public Auction​
Listing upgrades: N/A​
Seller: Someone else​
Asking price: N/A​
Sale price: $60​
Purchase venue: Hand registration (2009)​
Purchase price: $8​
Details: I watched its auction. The auction description said it was hand-registered the same day it dropped (from expiration).​

Important:
  • If you don't want to provide any other information about the sale besides what you've posted, then include "no further details" or "NFD" in your post.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Very nice Federer. You are a real closer man. I have like 3 potential deals but it's hard to close them.

---------- Post added at 11:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 AM ----------

Need someones help asap. I have got a deal for mid xxx that an enduser has just accepted.

They already sent me their Godaddy info so I can transfer but say they can only pay through credit card and don't want to set up a Paypal account.

I have heard that they can pay with credit or debit card without having a paypal account. Is this true?

Thanks in advance guys.

•••
If you have a PayPal Payments Pro account than you can accept credit cards without them setting up a paypal account, otherwise they will have to sign up.

•••
Am I allowed to post my domains to ask you guys if any of them are even worth attempting to sale, so far I haven't made my first sale yet and it's killing me. I'm still reading the thread on how to get an end user, but it's so frustrating.

•••
Just sold GlobalDestinationManagement dot com - $1,250

Again you prove why you are the king

kingfed.jpg

:)

•••
Am I allowed to post my domains to ask you guys if any of them are even worth attempting to sale, so far I haven't made my first sale yet and it's killing me. I'm still reading the thread on how to get an end user, but it's so frustrating.

Hang in there man. It can be really frustrating trying to make sales. But if you buy the right domains sooner or later your going to hit a streak.

I've been selling a lot more consistantly now than I was last year. I started domaining the day I signed up to this forum and I'm so glad I did.

How many domains do you own? How many emails are you sending per domain? And if you were to type the keywords of your domains, how many potential endusers can you find?

---------- Post added at 01:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 PM ----------

Just finished the transaction and received the $ for FreightLawyer dot com - $375. I'm sure I could've gotten much more from looking at past sales ending in lawyer.com, but I'm happy with it as it was a hand reg.

I have a Paypal premier account, so anyone who has an enduser that doesn't want to sign up to paypal CAN send an invoice to the person and get paid without the enduser having to sign up to paypal.

They just have to enter their debit or credit card # and basic info to make the payment.

•••
@infmoney

In my view, having looked at some of your previous sales, I think you're under-selling some of your names.

An example being your latest sale FreightLawyer dot com - that is a 2-word generic dot com and yet you were happy to accept that price for it!

I would say it would have been worth at least twice that price. Federer would not have taken less than 1k for it.

Another way of looking at it.... Let's say you have 3 potential buyers at $300 per domain, if you ask 1k for each and you only get one buyer out of 3, you would make more money than if you sold all 3 for 300 a piece.

Your selling technique is excellent but your pricing needs to be reviewed.

•••
@infmoney

In my view, having looked at some of your previous sales, I think you're under-selling some of your names.

An example being your latest sale FreightLawyer dot com - that is a 2-word generic dot com and yet you were happy to accept that price for it!

I would say it would have been worth at least twice that price. Federer would not have taken less than 1k for it.

Another way of looking at it.... Let's say you have 3 potential buyers at $300 per domain, if you ask 1k for each and you only get one buyer out of 3, you would make more money than if you sold all 3 for 300 a piece.

Your selling technique is excellent but your pricing needs to be reviewed.

Thanks, I feel the same way. I'm going to try to get more on my next sales. But it's hard to pass up a good return on my investment (it was a hand reg).

•••
•••
•••
Thanks, I feel the same way. I'm going to try to get more on my next sales. But it's hard to pass up a good return on my investment (it was a hand reg).

Yes, I know exactly what you're saying. But let's say you're a professional poker player and you can win lots of small pots every time you desire, but at the same time when you're dealt a very good hand you should change your tactic by going for the big one!

Now in your case, the main thing is that someone has thought your domain is worth low xxx, what should that tell you?

To me that tells me that you have an asset which is worth x-amount of money i.e. it has a value - so you should use this indicator for finding another customer which would be prepared to pay you more for it or counter your existing customer.

Obviously, this method should only be used for domains which are classed as valuable domains eg. your 2-word generic .com domain. That was a steal by the guy who bought it specially so if he was an end-user. He would have recouped the cost of that domain by doing half an hour's work for his clients!

•••
Yes, I know exactly what you're saying. But let's say you're a professional poker player and you can win lots of small pots every time you desire, but at the same time when you're dealt a very good hand you should change your tactic by going for the big one!

Now in your case, the main thing is that someone has thought your domain is worth low xxx, what should that tell you?

To me that tells me that you have an asset which is worth x-amount of money i.e. it has a value - so you should use this indicator for finding another customer which would be prepared to pay you more for it or counter your existing customer.

Obviously, this method should only be used for domains which are classed as valuable domains eg. your 2-word generic .com domain. That was a steal by the guy who bought it specially so if he was an end-user. He would have recouped the cost of that domain by doing half an hour's work for his clients!

It was an enduser (law firm). I had emailed him months back for $750 and no response, and then for $595 .... no response. So I just wanted to make a sale (not doing good financially). If I could wait for more I would, but I can take the money and buy more now.

•••
It was an enduser (law firm). I had emailed him months back for $750 and no response, and then for $595 .... no response. So I just wanted to make a sale (not doing good financially). If I could wait for more I would, but I can take the money and buy more now.
Well, in that case you had to complete the sale, that's fair enough. But if you could hang on may be another few weeks and looked for other potential buyers, may be you would have found a better deal. Money always goes to those who have it already. So yes, it's easier if a domainer is not in need of urgent finances.

However, if I were in your situation, I would be very pleased with myself with the results that you've had so far. You've actually made a small business out of domain-flipping and it can only grow bigger from here. Good luck with your next transaction.

Last edited:
•••
Well, in that case you had to complete the sale, that's fair enough. But if you could hang on may be another few weeks and looked for other potential buyers, may be you would have found a better deal. Money always goes to those who have it already. So yes, it's easier if a domainer is not in need of urgent finances.

However, if I were in your situation, I would be very please with myself with the results that you've had so far. You've actually made a small business out of domain-flipping and it can only grow bigger from here. Good luck with your next transaction.

Thank you ibidu. It seemed impossible at first but now I'm making at least one sale a week compared to only 2 sales last year.

I've taken federers advice on emailing many endusers for lots of different names (no spam, only targeted) so theres always at least one deal that will close.

I have a $300 deal pending for today but I would like to make at least another xxx sale this week.

•••
Just got paid for Game-Calls dot com for $300 (hand reg).

Working on a couple more atm. I usually save all the emails of the people that show interest and reengage them every month with a slight price drop until it sells.

•••
Just got paid for Game-Calls dot com for $300 (hand reg).

Working on a couple more atm. I usually save all the emails of the people that show interest and reengage them every month with a slight price drop until it sells.

Well done that was a very good result & I know it's not coming to you by luck or by chance as you're really working hard and have taken this game very seriously. Unlike some others who think domaining is a lottery you've proved that it only takes hard work to make it pay.

•••
Well done that was a very good result & I know it's not coming to you by luck or by chance as you're really working hard and have taken this game very seriously. Unlike some others who think domaining is a lottery you've proved that it only takes hard work to make it pay.

Thanks. I really just look for .coms or .nets with lots of endusers to email. If you were to type "game calls" in google you will see how many there are for this domain.

Probably over 100 endusers so the chances for a sale are much higher.

About to email some more right now(7 a.m.) lets see how it goes.

•••
Me and a buyer agreed on a price, he doesnt have a paypal i explained to him how he can pay and once i gave him my email i didnt hear back from him. This was yesterday around 4 should i wait a few days or contact him today?

•••
Me and a buyer agreed on a price, he doesnt have a paypal i explained to him how he can pay and once i gave him my email i didnt hear back from him. This was yesterday around 4 should i wait a few days or contact him today?

Never lose your calm - chasing customers is as bad as chasing girls - leave it to them and if they want you, they will contact you themselves.

•••

If you have a premier account you can send him an invoice to the email he contacted you from and he will have the option to pay with credit or debit.

I've had people counter me with a price and then never hear back from them. I've talked to people on the phone that offered me a price, then later say they're not interested.

•••
If you have a premier account you can send him an invoice to the email he contacted you from and he will have the option to pay with credit or debit.

I've had people counter me with a price and then never hear back from them. I've talked to people on the phone that offered me a price, then later say they're not interested.
yea i changed my account to premier once i read you post about the buyer not needing a paypal a few pages back so thanks lol. Ill assume hes busy cause he even made a godaddy account just so he could get the domain so Ill wait it out a little

•••
yea i changed my account to premier once i read you post about the buyer not needing a paypal a few pages back so thanks lol. Ill assume hes busy cause he even made a godaddy account just so he could get the domain so Ill wait it out a little

If he made an account with Godaddy he's sure to buy the domain. Same thing happened to me the other day. The guy set up the Godaddy account and it took like 2 days before we finished the transaction. Hold tight it should sell.

•••
I got 0c8.net today for $0.30

•••
A few little sales yesterday:

smallwindturbines dot net - $400
thermocouples dot net - $200
desiccantdehumidifiers dot com - $350
lifeinsuranceunderwriting dot com - $350
myphotoalbum dot net - $450

3 of the above names were registration fee.

•••
A few little sales yesterday:

smallwindturbines dot net - $400
thermocouples dot net - $200
desiccantdehumidifiers dot com - $350
lifeinsuranceunderwriting dot com - $350
myphotoalbum dot net - $450

3 of the above names were registration fee.

A few little sales (5) in one day and 3 of them hand reg'd is pretty impressive.

Good job again Federer :)

•••
A few little sales (5) in one day and 3 of them hand reg'd is pretty impressive.

Good job again Federer :)

I'd like to get a few little sales like that in a whole week, let alone one day! When I grow up I want to be like Federer! :p

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back